OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

lil off topic but im about to head out to party tonight and while i was pulling down shoes boxes to see what shoe i will wear tonight. Came across my kobe iv spiderman had to bring the box out to wear them tonight. As i was placing the shoes on i glanced at the suggest price tag only 120. Man has time changed 
Yeah man, 20 dollars in 4 models...

Am I the only person who has had a "bad" experience with the 8s? I bought the sulfurs today for 125 and balled for 2 1/2 hours and it felt like i was walking on bricks...traction wasn't there because the floor was a little dusty and i got a knee cramp in my right knee...will the 8s be better after some more time wearing them? I broke them in just a little bit so far.

Am I the only person who has had a "bad" experience with the 8s? I bought the sulfurs today for 125 and balled for 2 1/2 hours and it felt like i was walking on bricks...traction wasn't there because the floor was a little dusty and i got a knee cramp in my right knee...will the 8s be better after some more time wearing them? I broke them in just a little bit so far.
I'd give it more than just 1 day. Lunarlon breaks in more over time, and it becomes softer/molds to your foot. As far as traction goes, I'd be surprised if the VIIIs don't work out better for you if you play on a less dusty court next time. You can't really beat herringbone when it comes to traction, at least IMO, which the VIIIs have.

The one potential complaint that I've read about, which was from Nightwing2303, is that there was some slippage inside the shoe when he played while wearing the Kobe VIII socks since there isn't the usual lining on the insole, just foam. But, he said that after he stopped wearing the Kobe socks to play and just wore regular socks, he didn't have the slipping problem anymore. For what it's worth, after the slipping problem stopped, he ranked the VIIIs ahead of the CP3 VIs, which were his pick for the best performing bball shoe of 2012 for guards.

Last edited:
are you saying this because the VII hurt your foot? I think they are up there with the best of them. With the play fast insert though.

I'm speaking strictly aesthetics since we're talking about blk/yellow kobes

you didn't like the yellow or the colorblocking, both? I thought they were aesthetically pleasing. ZK1-esque but better. oh well we have our own preferences so i respect that. 8)

I'd give it more than just 1 day. Lunarlon breaks in more over time, and it becomes softer/molds to your foot. As far as traction goes, I'd be surprised if the VIIIs don't work out better for you if you play on a less dusty court next time. You can't really beat herringbone when it comes to traction, at least IMO, which the VIIIs have.
The one potential complaint that I've read about, which was from Nightwing2303, is that there was some slippage inside the shoe when he played while wearing the Kobe VIII socks since there isn't the usual lining on the insole, just foam. But, he said that after he stopped wearing the Kobe socks to play and just wore regular socks, he didn't have the slipping problem anymore. For what it's worth, after the slipping problem stopped, he ranked the VIIIs ahead of the CP3 VIs, which were his pick for the best performing bball shoe of 2012 for guards.

I was the one who told him to stop using the Kobe 8 socks to stop the slipping. :smokin
Glad he listened, now he can rank the 8 as the perfect shoe for a guard which he said.

It's official, I need that grey/purple pair with yellow eyelets. It kinda reminds me of the old
school Kobe 4 Inlines. I love the look. Instant cop for me.

Played a few pickup games today with the AJ 2011 Be Quick inserts and I'm pretty impressed. I'll be keeping these inserts in my bag along with the Lunarlon one's that came with the 8's. Won't need to switch shoes anymore, just inserts!

Maybe you're not wearing the proper size man because these have been nothing but amazing from the get-go for me. Granted, everyone's feet are different, but the majority seem to love these, including myself.

Knew these would explode!!!!!!!!!! Bought the surfers on release day from house of hoops and instantly said these are the most comfortable sneakers I have ever worn'!!!!!!!!!! Couldn't cop the Xmas version but will be copping all decent color ways !!!! Look at how this post exploded in the past week!!!!! Nike needs to do so something similar to this with the brons next year !!!

Last edited:

If u believe there's such a thing as a "knee cramp," then maybe you're imagining it? Just kidding, but really, they might just be too insubstantial for you if you're a bigger dude. Maybe change out the inserts with something thicker or put an insert over the one already in there..

I was the one who told him to stop using the Kobe 8 socks to stop the slipping.
smokin.gif

Glad he listened, now he can rank the 8 as the perfect shoe for a guard which he said.
i experienced this on sunday. i wore 11 in the 7's due to the tightness so i went with 11 again on the 8's and i have too much room in them. they are tts. plus the combination of the kobe socks + lunar + extra room in the toe box = uncomfortable! but im wearing reg socks on monday and i ordered a 10.5 in the xmas so i will get a true measurment on these next week.

Back
Top Bottom