OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Also, Kicks-crew have the Pythons for pre-order, releasing on the 14th of this month. Too bad their prices are so inflated

Do we know if the Pythons are limited or a general release? I know they split the release between China and the US.... but any help would be helpful on this

im saying im feeling the year of the snake but give a camo im in love
roll.gif

ASG Bron VIIs>Big Bangs... hype is a mutha for kids these days. Thats whole woodgrain theme was very nice! Nike did a great job on all 3 sigs that year.

I'd even put the ASG IVs above Big Bangs.....all 3 (2 Graffitis and Gold skills challenge)
I think it was just the Graffiti IVs with the Navy blue that was the ASG shoe that year, not the NYC white/black one, which is also my absolute favorite Lebron ever (definitely my cop of the year last year). The Graffiti design was just awesome to me, and I'm surprised they haven't really used that print more often. In terms of the ASG Lebrons, I'd go ASG Graffiti IVs > Big Bang 9s > ASG Lebron VIIs, although that's a tough call between the 9s and VIIs for me.

The Galaxy theme to me last year was great, and I couldn't have given less of a **** about the Galaxy foams so I don't know where y'all are getting that "people copped the other Galaxy kicks cuz they missed out on the foams" idea from. Foams to me have been dead since after the Coppers released and they started going to "soft" foams, though I'd make an exception for the Coppers just cuz it was a great take on Penny's nickname. I much prefer something totally different like the Galaxy theme to the old boring *** red vs blue theme that they had for years running. The year they had the 3M woodgrain was great, but the other years I couldn't have given less of a crap about the red/blue colorways, especially when they gave us that FUBU jersey gradient crap they had with the Kobe VIs and Lebron 8s. Totally uninspired and terrible. Last year I was actually excited for once to see what the ASG pairs would be like, and I copped the Lebron and KDs (Galaxy print look on the Kobe VIIs did nothing for me).

Last edited:
Ok I haven't been on her for a bit. In regards to the best Christmas shoe debate, as much as I like this most recent Kobe 8 Christmas shoe, I gotta say hands down the Grinch Kobe 6 is the best along with a ton of other colors. There were only 2 colorways of the 4's that I liked and they were both the regular GR (white/black/concord and the black/white/yellow), the rest were just not appealing to me. The Kobe 5 shoe I liked a lot, however the Christmas one was not appealing so I passed easily, however I did buy the most colorways in this shoe. The Kobe 7, I like the Christmas shoe, but still wish they would NOT have went with the cheetah print, aside from that I still copped, along with many other colors, Kobe 7 top 3 Kobes for me (at least until we see more of what the 8 has in store). The Kobe 1 just 3 pair, unless they make the ones he actually wore in the 81 pt game, and why Nike didn't release this colorway was stupid, afterall it is the normal white/black/concord colorway.:smh: As for the Kobe 2 one pair and the Kobe 3 two pair, still on the hunt for the All Star shoe (in regards to the Kobe All Star shoes I like the odd number 1, 3, 5, 7 but have not been a fan of the even numbered ones). Oh yeah Kobe 5 All Star way better then the Lebron 7 All Star shoes, there hasn't been any lebron All Star shoe that is appealing to me, however many of the regular GR release lebrons are very nice and that South Beach Lebron 8, I gotta have, just so we are CLEAR, I was on those since before the release and the footlocker mine was coming from "just so happened to lose or misplace" my pair.:smh: This shoe was not even limited, but people jumped on board the hype train oh well back to the Kobe 8, with that said pics coming.

I like my crimson laces, but I must say black laces are better and black socks (even if Kobe the player himself wore white socks for the Christmas game :lol:) the only way to go with the Christmas 8's, this I will show as well.

Last edited:
Here is my Pic, for those who wanted to see black laces in them and on feet. I'm sure I wasnt the only one who was wanting to see it lol..

I like them better. Instead of drawing attention to the bright infrared laces it brings attention to the actual details of the shoes which are :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
regarding the Galaxy Fombs issue. Honestly, the only foams worth looking at is the Royals.
Royal Foams is a top 10 shoe of all time. If you haven't seen them in person, you need to.

Royal Foams >>> Galaxy Foams
Galaxy Kobe > Any Kobe All Star (Have you seen them? They're nasty)

Also, those ASG Kobes will definitely catch on. But I feel as if most people just try to hype the
ASG since they didn't get a chance to grab the Xmas. To somehow get another "hot" shoe.
Don't get me wrong, those Red ASGs are nice.

these are much darker in person and the red swoosh really pops...you guys will really like them!!!

don't care that these are limited (they are). Both home colorways + purples are all better than the Pythons.
Contrary to the initial look we had last month, they aren't phenomenal.

don't care that these are limited (they are). Both home colorways + purples are all better than the Pythons.
Contrary to the initial look we had last month, they aren't phenomenal.
yea these pictures are actually changing my mind about them. they dont look the same as the pic we have withbthe matching kobe socks...these may be a pass for me.

Why would pythons be limited.... Just because/if a shoe is limited in the Philippines doesn't mean it is/will be in the states. The Christmas pair wasn't limited, if so hardly at all. There was a lot of demand that made it seem limited. My footlocker doesn't even get every GR shoe let alone anything limited, and they had all 3 Christmas releases.

Pythons look nice! I doubt ill pay retail for em... I passed on the VIs in basically same colorway for outlet prices, why pay retail for the 8s now?

Pythons are really growing on me. Mainly because of how much I like the damn shoes on the court.

The ruby reds are BEAUTIFUL imo.

im into dark colors with subtle bright accents so pythons are mine.

they are pretty much like the viii's rendition of the undefeated or olive colorway...

Back
Top Bottom