OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I was going to get some LG4's at finishline for 60, main reason I didn't buy it was the day before xmas kobe release, had to see if I was getting a pair or not.

for 60 I may still buy some pending on the kobe 8 cws coming out
(I already have Christmas, ID, and Sulfur)
but LG4s felt great.

lol and Dirt on the pythons white spot. ..............
may be on to something lol

Overall: Lunar > Zoom
anyone else?

I really like the even cushioning and the soft ride (yet responsive)
I also find it gentle on your body.
I love lunar. My only reservation about it is durability. I haven't really owned the more recent lunar shoes, especially the runners (been meaning to pick up the LG4 though), so I'm not sure how well they hold up over time. I'm sure it's definitely improved since older shoes that used lunar like the Kobe IVs though.

Last edited:
a 'lil late, but better than never... got these in on friday, but finally able to break them out and swap the laces. the black is staying on. big fan of the kobe 8s. looking forward to this seasons lineup.

I love lunar. My only reservation about it is durability. I haven't really owned the more recent lunar shoes, especially the runners (been meaning to pick up the LG4 though), so I'm not sure how well they hold up over time. I'm sure it's definitely improved since older shoes that used lunar like the Kobe IVs though.

It has. My LG3 has been crazy comfy for a while now (more than a year) and
they're my beaters. Still bouncy. Imagine the strides they've made in 2 years
with the K8System. I'm not even worried at all, they'll for sure last a year minimum.
Inspect the foam, it's SUPER DENSE.

Black laces FTW. I mean the crimson laces look nice, but I like the subdued look with black laces. Cleaner look.

I believe so, I personally have never done it before and was just helping with the SKU.
Double check with infam0usP or someone else who knows/has done it before.

thnx

I thought kobe got divorced? Cuz she wasn't wit him shootin in the gymmm

If you want a shoe that's "toned down" and/or simple, why are you guys buying the Christmas in the first place? Black laces look good, but I prefer the OG laces...

I'm a HUGE fan of Lunar, and I own three pairs of LG4s, and they feel $@(*$ heavenly with the EM all over the upper and the new Lunarlon density set-up. FWIW, I have almost 1,200 miles on the original LunarEclipses from 2010. If this is any indication, Lunarlon in 2013 will have no issues whatsoever in terms of durability. Like I said before, I know I'm evaluating a running shoe, but I'm sure the Lunarlon system in the KBs is similar.

It has. My LG3 has been crazy comfy for a while now (more than a year) and
they're my beaters. Still bouncy. Imagine the strides they've made in 2 years
with the K8System. I'm not even worried at all, they'll for sure last a year minimum.
Inspect the foam, it's SUPER DENSE.

Bro, if you think the LG3s are crazy comfy, try on the LG4s. I'm sure you'll be able tell the difference right away! I'll admit the LG3s are the better looking though.

I wore my xmas 8's to hoop for the second time last night. Felt a bit of pain on the arch of my foot after playing 4 games. I think I need to hoop in them more to really have it broken in to my liking. Don't think this will be a problem the next time I play though but we'll see.

If you want a shoe that's "toned down" and/or simple, why are you guys buying the Christmas in the first place? Black laces look good, but I prefer the OG laces...
THIS

The bright laces give it that pop 
eek.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom