OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

sorry if this has already been discussed, but everyone is talking like it has been confirmed that the Fireworks/Sparks will not be sold in the US.  where was this confirmed? 
I don't think it's been confirmed anywhere yet, still just assumed. But some of the preorder sites that said they'd be getting them have cancelled their Fireworks orders, and prices at the few places that do have them keep rising, like Kicks-Crew. The retail release for the Fireworks just in China by itself was already kinda limited since the only confirmed place that released them in-store was the main Nike store in Shanghai, otherwise you had to get them on NDC China.

I mean, you can never say never with these things until the Kobe 9 drops since there's still Sept to Nov. But I know a few dudes were hoping the Year of the Dragon Kobe VIIs would drop stateside last year, and they never came. He's had multiple China/Asia exclusives dating back to the Kobe Is.

Last edited:
sorry if this has already been discussed, but everyone is talking like it has been confirmed that the Fireworks/Sparks will not be sold in the US.  where was this confirmed? 
I'd been told a while back that they were rumored to release around late Sept/ early Oct, but the same sources seem somewhat skeptical now as time has moved on.  Apologies to NT for getting anyone's hopes up.  Feeling like Chris Broussard over here.

Also I've yet to see where it's been confirmed that they aren't releasing, although at this point no news appears to be bad news.  Word on the street is that they were some kind of 'Clot' collab exclusive.  Who's Clot?  Anyone know?

Has anyone seen any demands for the Amnesty outside of Niketalk? I have not, AT ALL. Even from other friends who mess with sneakers. Of course the name was mostly given here but I don't ever hear anyone asking about the black laker cw Kobe wore, 2 times?

^^CLOT is a lifestyle brand based in Hong Kong/China I think.

And in case there was still any doubt left about Pit Vipers = Purple Dynasty, I just saw this article about Nike doing a "Purple Dynasty" pack, and the shoes in this pack have the same exact type of colored upper as the Pit Vipers.

http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/sneakers/nike-purple-dynasty-pack/

So I guess of remaining colorways, it's Tony the Tigers, Pit Vipers, Mine Grey, and that Halloween/Green Glow colorway? Or are the Green Glows the same as the Pit Vipers? Seems like news keeps changing about the last few colorways.

Last edited:
^^CLOT is a lifestyle brand based in Hong Kong/China I think.

And in case there was still any doubt left about Pit Vipers = Purple Dynasty, I just saw this article about Nike doing a "Purple Dynasty" pack, and the shoes in this pack have the same exact type of colored upper as the Pit Vipers.

http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/sneakers/nike-purple-dynasty-pack/

So I guess of remaining colorways, it's Tony the Tigers, Pit Vipers, Mine Grey, and that Halloween/Green Glow colorway? Or are the Green Glows the same as the Pit Vipers? Seems like news keeps changing about the last few colorways.

like I said, green glow + purp D = pit V

I'm not familiar with another green glow pair.

I'd been told a while back that they were rumored to release around late Sept/ early Oct, but the same sources seem somewhat skeptical now as time has moved on.  Apologies to NT for getting anyone's hopes up.  Feeling like Chris Broussard over here.

Also I've yet to see where it's been confirmed that they aren't releasing, although at this point no news appears to be bad news.  Word on the street is that they were some kind of 'Clot' collab exclusive.  Who's Clot?  Anyone know?
CLOT collab?
you mean this article?
http://www.theheatcheck.com/2013/08/clot-x-kobe-8.html

i don't think so cause every clot collaboration with nike they will have CLOT logo on it and in here (shanghai) they will hype it for sure. CLOT brand itself is very famous in china especially in shanghai becoz it's owned by Edison Chen (HK artist) and they already done numerous collaboration with other brand including nike, adidas, converse, etc

I don't think it's been confirmed anywhere yet
ok. i swear i remember seeing someone post a link or a video and said "well i guess its official, no Fireworks in the US" but i was busy at the time and couldn't check the video, now i cant find it

I wish there were more kobe 8's coming out then the possible 3 pairs we have left. This is the first shoe group I can honestly say that I have enjoyed collecting and I'm gonna hate 2 see it go!

Last edited:
So as far as you know it's a wrap after Deep Royals, Pit Vipers, and Mine Greys?

Trust green glows are coming in november

20 - KOBE 8 SYSTEM/GREEN GLOW 555035-304

That is the code

Edit: found some shoes that match color code 304

And since they are titled green glow kobe 8s im really expecting a bright, loud colorway, something like those fakes

Last edited:
I swear I'm gonna kick my self in the *** if the fireworks don't drop in the US and I end up not getting because I was too cheap to drop the 300.

was looking around for sulfurs and os life doesnt have them in stock, but says "coming soon"

waiting game is on..

Finally got my FTL rewards ive been waiting on for months... had to call a few times. Ultimately, they accused me of being an employee and had denied me my points. Had to explain I hadn't done FTL work in 2 years. I think I still got shafted out of some points but I got emailed 3 $20 certs.

Im debating on the navy LeBron soldier 7s or a TB, I mean PP, KB8. Soldiers are $25 cheaper and seem like they will be better for ball. Beast in me wants them black/blue PPs tho. Decisions :x

Last edited:
The ONLY downside to the kobes is they do just that. Unless your socks are high enough, the tongue cuts right into your leg. It sucks because I prefer no show socks.

Back
Top Bottom