OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

If you feel comfortable playing in lows, do it - if you don't, then wear mids/highs. Nothing else really needs to be said.
Yup.  I stopped trying to convince people a loooong time ago.  People have weird sports habits and beliefs.  It ain't that serious for most of us.  I play at a gym where guys rock runners and trainers, along with limited edition Kobe VIII's and top of the line performance shoes.  It's hard enough to convince some people not to play in runners, let alone low-top basketball shoes.
Mine Grey 25% off at DSG. I wish there were better looking Kobes I would have def copped. Sitting on the fence on the Mines for that price point.
Repped.  Thanks for posting.  Finally got my first pair on the way.  Eastbay will probably let the coupon kick in tomorrow, but the deal at Richard's is still better.  Was just waiting for a coupon w/ free shipping.  Nice.  Ironic too, since in store at both locations I went too, they didn't do anything for Black Friday.

W
What's worse, Nike Australia had an online release also at 8am!!! Only found out about it at 10:30am.. They only had 16 pairs and were long gone

I always forget about nike.com.au always.
When do you reckon nike is gonna pull their fingers out and give us nike id ovr here

ive landed on peoples feet and what not plenty of times. my ankles are strong now where i just bounce back without pain.

i used to have very weak ankles years ago, a slight turn and i would be in major pain.

since wearing kobe lows, ive turned them PLENTY of times but no serious injury or pain. Ive done it once where it actually caused me to sit out but i was fine the next day.

its all about how strong your ankles are. not about how hard you play, i go hard but im a PG/SG, stil board. jump around and play tight defense.

its all about the ankles and strength, no shoe is gonna save your ankles period. If you think that then you're a fool.
Right it's all about how strong your ankles are. I guess i built up a defense to ankle sprains or a high tolerance to pain. I usally want to play more than the sprain can make me sit out.

Also if you know how to land right and just be coordinated. It's just that simple. There are freak accidents but thats just being unlucky I guess.

But what about the Kobes. Who has a RSVP slot for me?

science has proven theres no difference between mid and low, mid offers no protection, you roll, twist, or do anything to your ankle it will feel and do the exact same thing, you think cm thick fake leather or rubber is gonna protect you?
laugh.gif

you must be new to the game or basketball or sports in general.
SPOT ON.
nthat.gif

Wouldn't exactly say 100% "no protection"... but when it comes to actually rolling the foot, it's gonna happen regardless.

kind of crazy for me to ask this question at this time, but are you guys going true to size on these? or .5 up? 

Last edited:

I play basketball all day everyday and never sprained an ankle in my life. It don't matter high or low top. I play mostly in XI lows though.  If you're ankles are frail and you are not coordinated on the court you probably will roll your ankle..... Frail boys!

But seriously, what HOH's are getting the WTK? One guy I know in DC says people been lining up for them since last night! I heard some HOH are doing FCFS but I don't believe it.

Then you should consider yourself lucky... Rolling your ankle has nothing to do with being coordinated. If you play hard and go for a lot of rebounds, its only a matter of time before u land on someones foot. If you play basketball all day everyday then you would know this. Unless you sit in the corner all day jackin up shots.. then yeah, most likely you're not gonna be rollin much.

Thats the thing

Most of these guys who love lows more than highs are "guards" who just jack up perimeter shots with an occasional drive, they probably aren't jumping for rebounds in high traffic areas, trying to block shots or making power moves in the post

Those are the areas I lose confidence in playing lows. Lows aren't for everybody at all

Last edited:

I play basketball all day everyday and never sprained an ankle in my life. It don't matter high or low top. I play mostly in XI lows though.  If you're ankles are frail and you are not coordinated on the court you probably will roll your ankle..... Frail boys!

But seriously, what HOH's are getting the WTK? One guy I know in DC says people been lining up for them since last night! I heard some HOH are doing FCFS but I don't believe it.

Then you should consider yourself lucky... Rolling your ankle has nothing to do with being coordinated. If you play hard and go for a lot of rebounds, its only a matter of time before u land on someones foot. If you play basketball all day everyday then you would know this. Unless you sit in the corner all day jackin up shots.. then yeah, most likely you're not gonna be rollin much.

Thats the thing

Most of these guys who love lows more than highs are "guards" who just jack up perimeter shots with an occasional drive, they probably aren't jumping for rebounds in high traffic areas, trying to block shots or making power moves in the post

Those are the areas I lose confidence in playing lows. Lows aren't for everybody at all
I used to wear basketball shoes with air max 360, e.g., CB34 line, Duncan's, and more recently 2010 HyperMax, and would roll my ankle on occasion.  But sometimes, when I forgot my basketball shoes, I would wear my Kobe V's (and subsequently Kobe VI's).

I never sprained my ankles when wearing the Kobe V's and started thinking that my ankle sprains were, in part, due to the the higher, air max sole being less rigid/stable than the lower, air zoom sole.  I know with LeBron's line Nike supposedly strengthened the outer wall of the air max unit, but I'll never go back and ball in anything air max.  LeBrons are strictly comfortable walking/standing shoes.

kind of crazy for me to ask this question at this time, but are you guys going true to size on these? or .5 up? 
TTS for me, too.

I think the consensus is that you go .5 up if you have an extra wide foot, otherwise, stick with your true size.

You could always go try a pair on since the Mine Greys are more than likely sitting at your local stores.

I used to wear basketball shoes with air max 360, e.g., CB34 line, Duncan's, and more recently 2010 HyperMax, and would roll my ankle on occasion.  But sometimes, when I forgot my basketball shoes, I would wear my Kobe V's (and subsequently Kobe VI's).

I never sprained my ankles when wearing the Kobe V's and started thinking that my ankle sprains were, in part, due to the the higher, air max sole being less rigid/stable than the lower, air zoom sole.  I know with LeBron's line Nike supposedly strengthened the outer wall of the air max unit, but I'll never go back and ball in anything air max.  LeBrons are strictly comfortable walking/standing shoes.
Kobes sit LOW to the ground, thus lessening the chance to roll. 

If y'all want to talk about a low cut shoe that you'll roll your ankle in, try the KD6. You're asking for problems wearing a low cut shoe that sits higher up due to the zoom air units. Not to mention they're absolutely atrocious, IMO.

Last edited:
If you attack the rim, regardless of your size, you have rolled your ankle playing ball. The shoes don't matter. It's inevitable. You will eventually land on someone's foot.

that could be,

although 639522-001 was thought of as the xmas 2.0 earlier thats why, because of the date

Last edited:

Why all the hate for the Mine Greys?
Look dope on feet IMO.
Love the snake pattern.
The swoosh isnt part of the upper mesh either like some CW's. Its more solid like the Christmas 8 and Area 72.

Back
Top Bottom