OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

YOTH pattern is very uninspiring. Easy pass. YOTH Venomenon 4 > YOTH 8. Like the blue translucent sole though.

T
check your local fb sneaker groups. now is a good time for some kid who doesn't have money for all the holiday releases to sell for the low before prices go up again
that's basically how I got mine, but through craigslist/paypal. Guy basically wanted to get rid of the 10+ pairs to get gift money to spend. PayPal has my back if it's a scam but I don't think it is, but it's already shipped and tracking updated.

Actually, people are under a false impression that paypal gives you iron clad protection, when in fact it does not.

If a seller takes your money out of his account before you open a claim, its gone. Paypal will not even go after the scammer legally because its just not feasible financially to pay to prosecute for $200-$500 and scammers know that. You may luck up and ebay decide to reimburse you out of their pocket but the scammer keeps your money. So it actually is beneficial to the scammer, that is why they do it.

You may wanna review the Paypal agreement every member signs. The update to the user agreement in Spring 2013 made your bank account accessible to be withdrawn from in these cases. Paypal will most certainly reach right in and take that money back out of your account. The scammer would have to withdraw all of his money from his bank account and close the account (and also not care about his credit, but couldn't continually do this). Paypal then would do like any financial institution and make your account negative and initiate collections; and Paypal will without a doubt report to credit agencies. They'll pay out of pocket in the mean time so no loss to you, but they will do this process for any amount of money that they side against you over. Didn't use to be like that until earlier this year though. There was a thread in general about Paypal scams and this change was brought up and it was why they sent out the new user agreement last Spring.

And for me, I'm fine paying $310. Wasn't going to drop around 5 bills on them. Damn size 12 prices 
Lol thats size anything price on the WTK

You didnt HAVE to pay anything, more so you wanted to pay $160 over just lke we all want to pay retail originally

At the end of the day as long as you're happy with the way you spent your money is all that matters

Ser
Ebay? I'm thinking about putting in an offer. Never did that any tips? I can see multiple sellers saying that is a lowball offer even if it's double retail + tax.....
I had zero luck with eBay offers...lowest BIN for a size 12 is always around 500-550, so it's almost not even worth offering them 400 or so. Just gotta get lucky and find someone trying to get rid of them for the holidays. $310....had to jumppp on that

Actually, people are under a false impression that paypal gives you iron clad protection, when in fact it does not
If a seller takes your money out of his account before you open a claim, its gone. Paypal will not even go after the scammer legally because its just not feasible financially to pay to prosecute for $200-$500 and scammers know that. You may luck up and ebay decide to reimburse you out of their pocket but the scammer keeps your money. So it actually is beneficial to the scammer, that is why they do it.
I disagree with ya ... unless there is some backdoor way of withdrawing money from you PP account then they sure as hell can take the money back. At some point someone has some kind of financial institution tied to there account, if necessary PP can take the money back from you. Unless you got some issues and rest your PP account on a empty bank account which also I dont see happening because most banks these days charge you monthly unless you have a minimum amount or direct deposit of xx dollars. (when I said you I was not referring to YOU per say, just in general)

Im not saying there arent times that someone might not get their money back because im sure that has happened but to say that the scammer has the advantage simply because they empty their PP account balance is wrong

Last edited:
The red yoth look good to me. I was hoping for real horse hair like we discussed. Ah well

Anybody knew what the arrow print upper is about?

:lol: taking the money out of your PayPal account isn't gonna stop anything. Even if you close your account, I'm sure PayPal would follow up with a collections agency etc. to make sure they get the money somehow or your credit gets ruined.

:lol: taking the money out of your PayPal account isn't gonna stop anything. Even if you close your account, I'm sure PayPal would follow up with a collections agency etc. to make sure they get the money somehow or your credit gets ruined.

Yea they have a card or bank account on file for them to pull from. The money has to go somewhere when you withdrawl.

Nah
And for me, I'm fine paying $310. Wasn't going to drop around 5 bills on them. Damn size 12 prices 
Lol thats size anything price on the WTK

You didnt HAVE to pay anything, more so you wanted to pay $160 over just lke we all want to pay retail originally

At the end of the day as long as you're happy with the way you spent your money is all that matters
Not complaining about spending on the resell price, I know how the game goes, I know I don't HAVE to even buy anymore shoes but I still do because it's a hobby whether my bank account likes it or not lol. However, it's a lot harder to find a good deal for a size 12. Just is and will always be.

Nah
Not complaining about spending on the resell price, I know how the game goes, I know I don't HAVE to even buy anymore shoes but I still do because it's a hobby whether my bank account likes it or not lol. However, it's a lot harder to find a good deal for a size 12. Just is and will always be.
Check your PM

310 is low enough to be suspicious. Hope they come through and all is good bro, just saying. Nice to have the buying protection afforded by eBay/PayPal in those cases.

You may wanna review the Paypal agreement every member signs. The update to the user agreement in Spring 2013 made your bank account accessible to be withdrawn from in these cases. Paypal will most certainly reach right in and take that money back out of your account. The scammer would have to withdraw all of his money from his bank account and close the account (and also not care about his credit, but couldn't continually do this). Paypal then would do like any financial institution and make your account negative and initiate collections; and Paypal will without a doubt report to credit agencies. They'll pay out of pocket in the mean time so no loss to you, but they will do this process for any amount of money that they side against you over. Didn't use to be like that until earlier this year though. There was a thread in general about Paypal scams and this change was brought up and it was why they sent out the new user agreement last Spring.

Actually, people are under a false impression that paypal gives you iron clad protection, when in fact it does not
I disagree with ya ... unless there is some backdoor way of withdrawing money from you PP account then they sure as hell can take the money back. At some point someone has some kind of financial institution tied to there account, if necessary PP can take the money back from you. Unless you got some issues and rest your PP account on a empty bank account which also I dont see happening because most banks these days charge you monthly unless you have a minimum amount or direct deposit of xx dollars. (when I said you I was not referring to YOU per say, just in general)

Im not saying there arent times that someone might not get their money back because im sure that has happened but to say that the scammer has the advantage simply because they empty their PP account balance is wrong

You both are more than welcome to falsely believe what you read in agreements and promises. I'm a powerseller on ebay, have been for 10 years. I dont make this stuff up. If you truly believe just because a bank account is attached to a PayPal account that there is no way to get the $ out and make sure they can't recoup it, that is great, but doesnt make it correct.

Things aren't as simple as you believe. And trust scammers know all the angles. But by all means, feel free to believe paypal is this magical service which will always protect you and you have nothing to worry about.

You think a scammer who has set up an account with someone else's info, using someone's elses bank account, and is tarnishing someone else's credit cares?

I'm done, you all clearly have no idea just how easy it is to scam with no recourse. Believe what you wish.

Yeah $310 is suspicious...realized that. Sounds almost too good to be true, but still feeling real good about it with my overall interactions with this seller

A lot if times even if you close a banking account actions taken such as a paypal dipping in on refunded transaction csn cause it to reopen... A few years back something similar happened to a BoA account I had when living in KC, wasn't a paypal related thing but a auto draft was setup to come out monthly. Thought I had switched it to the bed account but ended up an overdraft notice on the account and it was reopened do had to get it all ironed out and go through process again. I would imagine this would be similar . And like what was stated above.. If all else fails there's always collections.

Back
Top Bottom