OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

What a shame that it peels off.  I thought the upper was actual scales, not a thin sheet of plastic.  I was really in love with the SS until I saw these pics.  I don't understand why they did that.  They should either make it permanent, or not have it at all.  

I'm glad I didn't rush and pre-order these.  Still a nice shoe, but not a "must have" anymore.

If I can get for retail or around retail, I will buy it.  But I won't kill myself over these.
It IS Permanent.  Look at the stitching on the throat. The lack of stitching on the sides is a design feature so it's more comfortable, the scales and mesh can move independently so you are strapped into a plastic shell. 

Add me to the group that will pass on the SS because of those damn plastic scales.
At first I thought it would be quite cool but after seeing these photos I have decided to pass.

My connect at FtL promised me one pair of the Xmas kicks - at first I thought it would be the Kobe SS but after seeing these photos it's the Lebron.

Rocked the Sparks to grab the Gammas.

info all over the place lol.

Just wondering if I should keep the Kickscrew preorder at $245,cancel it or take my chance at the $160 if they are widely available.

also just got in a nike gift card which would make it cheaper.

info all over the place lol.

Just wondering if I should keep the Kickscrew preorder at $245,cancel it or take my chance at the $160 if they are widely available.

also just got in a nike gift card which would make it cheaper.

Plus shipping I believe the pre order will run you close to 3 bills. I would just wait as I don't see the resell going higher than that a day after release (if you miss out at retail). Have to wait for shipping and maybe even a customs charge too.

I found my Christmas 8s later in the day of release on craigslist for $250.

That's just disrespectful to the Sparks :lol:

You guys see videos of the kids fighting over gammas? Man we never used to fight going to pick up our j's. Whats up with these kids?!

I guess all the hype invested in these J's got everyone thirsty for them. If people would take the time and effort to get what they want we wouldn't have this. But back to the 8's....bout the Xmas spikes? Haha.

Last edited:
Kids always trying to prove something, never understood why people get so worked up over shoes, but if they're lame enough to be camping out for shoes why not lol

Back
Top Bottom