OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I have practically beat my fades into oblivion. literally rooms full of shoes, I lost count of how many in my collection several years ago but ive been stuck on these for nearly a month.... needless to say, I need to double up. One of my all time favorites. Great pic
Same here.I need to re-up on them, this time in my true Kobe size lol

My 8s

Easters are beautiful! and Volts are sick too.. at the gym, I can spot someone wearing a pair of Volts from a mile away. Love it

was this a thing??? did anyone get in on any of these?? i keep finding awesome prices and my heart starts beating all fast only to have every single one out of stock. lol

^^this is dsg btw

I hear u bro, I too passed on the easter when it was still at retail, and realizing afterwards that I need it in my life. Ended up having my buddy who lives overseas bought it for me and paid $50 for international shipping. And still come out cheaper than the price on the bays.

if you know someone from JP maybe you can ask them to find kobes for you. In a soccer and baseball loving country, basketball snicks tend to reach the 30~40% price barrier and maybe 20% for size 11 and above.

This picture seemed fitting with the 8 iD nearing its end.

Even the greatest of champions have to hang em up sooner or later.

Hands down the greatest low that I ever did know, for sure.  You will be missed.. 

Last edited:
was this a thing??? did anyone get in on any of these?? i keep finding awesome prices and my heart starts beating all fast only to have every single one out of stock. lol

^^this is dsg btw
Currently stalking DSG right now. Hot diggity dog!

Just called them and they said it might be a glitch because he checked on the Sulfurs and the last time they sold that was Feb of 2013. Hot damn. Getting us all rowled up for nothing.

Here is the link if anybody else wants their heart broken.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/search/index.jsp?origkw=kobe&sr=1&kwCatId=&kw=kobe&pg=1&ppp=36

Last edited:
Just called them and they said it might be a glitch because he checked on the Sulfurs and the last time they sold that was of Feb of 2013. Hot damn. Getting us all rowled up for nothing.

Here is the link if anybody else wants their heart broken.
I would've Lewi'upped on Sulfurs faster than a Nike quickstrike.

I Lewi'd up on the Sulfurs. Well okay just doubled up. Those were my first 8 and probably my favorite in hindsight. I loved this shoe but is onto the 8. Not going to go back and complete the 5 color ways I'm missing.

if you know someone from JP maybe you can ask them to find kobes for you. In a soccer and baseball loving country, basketball snicks tend to reach the 30~40% price barrier and maybe 20% for size 11 and above.
Agreed, take advantage of your connections from overseas if u can. Plenty of kobe 8s still sitting pretty on the shelves. Meanwhile we are here scrapping bottom for it. SMH...

Same here.I need to re-up on them, this time in my true Kobe size lol

What's the sizing you'd recommend for playing?
Does the EM eventually stretch even for a bit after a few games?

I'm worried 'cause I got a pair in my (almost) exact foot size and went up half a size in another.

What's the sizing you'd recommend for playing?
Does the EM eventually stretch even for a bit after a few games?

I'm worried 'cause I got a pair in my (almost) exact foot size and went up half a size in another.
I go TTS, first 2 times I wore them for play I had some nasty hotspots on the lateral side of my feet right behind the little toe and the top of my foot. After that though, it was golden and the only problem I deal with is my foot slipping from too much traction and thin socks. If you go up a size you will slip like crazy if they don't fit well. Regarding the EM, mine hasn't stretched out and I've worn them at least 10 times for at least 30+ hours of basketball. It's a really flexible material so if anything like my pair it'll mold around your feet to fit better. Those first couple times with all the hotspots are probably due to the mesh just not broken in yet.

I go TTS, first 2 times I wore them for play I had some nasty hotspots on the lateral side of my feet right behind the little toe and the top of my foot. After that though, it was golden and the only problem I deal with is my foot slipping from too much traction and thin socks. If you go up a size you will slip like crazy if they don't fit well. Regarding the EM, mine hasn't stretched out and I've worn them at least 10 times for at least 30+ hours of basketball. It's a really flexible material so if anything like my pair it'll mold around your feet to fit better. Those first couple times with all the hotspots are probably due to the mesh just not broken in yet.

Definitely could feel the hotspots by just wearing them.
I went half a size up for my HD2012s which fits me fine.
They fit almost the same, right (with the 8's having some additional width relatively)?

Don't know how the HD2012 are but I know for a fact my 2013 are slightly more narrow than the Kobe 8s but I went tts on both and they fit me perfectly

Back
Top Bottom