OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
you guys got me worried now :lol:

Trust me, I was too. I went to NikeTown and called a few ppl and no one knew what was going on. My own theory is that they planned to restock some of the colorways and in the second production of the shoe they decided to make subtle changes.

Run.com is a legit retailer, they are an affiliate of finishline.

Whoa didn't know I could upload via mobile, so here are some comparison pics I took when I realized some differences.

Box tag was also weird (keep in mind this is for my lady):

Trust me, I was too. I went to NikeTown and called a few ppl and no one knew what was going on. My own theory is that they planned to restock some of the colorways and in the second production of the shoe they decided to make subtle changes.

Run.com is a legit retailer, they are an affiliate of finishline.
Yea I know they are legit, they still look the same from what i can tell and I actually prefer the extra padding. Its just I was confused as to why I am one of the only ones with these changes.

Yea I know they are legit, they still look the same from what i can tell and I actually prefer the extra padding. Its just I was confused as to why I am one of the only ones with these changes.

I agree with the padding it's a welcomed change, my gripe is with the laces. They feel suuuuper flimsy/cheap.

Whoa didn't know I could upload via mobile, so here are some comparison pics I took when I realized some differences.

holy crap, they did that for the black/white Flyknits, too?! i mean i like my first run of black/white Flyknit Trainers, but i could definitely use the extra padding on the 2nd run...

holy crap, they did that for the black/white Flyknits, too?! i mean i like my first run of black/white Flyknit Trainers, but i could definitely use the extra padding on the 2nd run...

If you look back a few pages, others received the pairs without the padding and different laces from the same stock. So take that for what it's worth.

i wear a size 10.5 should i buy true to size (TTS) or sizing up or down for the Flyknit Trainers??? Thanks in Advance.

i wear a size 10.5 should i buy true to size (TTS) or sizing up or down for the Flyknit Trainers??? Thanks in Advance.

Feels like I'm spamming the thread haha. Anyways, for me personally, I went with true to size. .5 size smaller was still okay, just a little snug. Definitely do not go .5 size up.

I have a pretty normal, not toooo wide of a foot. Hth.

Feels like I'm spamming the thread haha. Anyways, for me personally, I went with true to size. .5 size smaller was still okay, just a little snug. Definitely do not go .5 size up.

i agree. go tts. i went half size up as Road Runner Sports suggested but they were too big. went to my normal size and they fit great.

By sizing .5 down will they loosen up and fit better over time???

Co-sign. I feel like TTS is best and now I might order the white/black pair because I wouldnt mind the extra padding

Man I ordered a half size down and now just finding out there's the extra padding I hope it's not too snug.

New laces plus extra padding? I guess this will accommodate those who got blisters for wearing them w/ no show socks or w/o socks at all.

I imagine it'll be heavier though? Can you guys confirm?

i'm glad my 2 pairs from run.com were from the 1st batch cuz i dont like the the padding and shoelaces on the newer ones

Damn! I like that extra padding...can we get a picture of the whole shoe? To be honest I'm liking the midsole non lunarlon more over the 2013 F1s, just has more of a unique look over them...the 2013 looking so much like a LG4 I didn't even see it sitting on the shelf...lol

WOW! As much as I disliked the ZFKs, that extra liner makes me want to give these a second chance. If the Volt cw returns revised with that extra liner, they'll be copped! The way that cw was put together is too dope! :wow: :nerd:

Last edited:
Welp, now that I know they have the liner, run.com doesn't have my size in the colorway I wanted. >:
Gotta stick with my initial pair of blue glow/volt.

Frankly, the fact that some but not all of the new trainers have the extra liner annoys me. I'm not planning any purchasing any more of these, but like BOSS was saying, I'd probably have to go back to TTS. Not a problem if you know what you are getting, but of course at this time there is no way to know for sure unless you are in store.

Looks like someone just asked @nikestore what the deal is, so hopefully they will provide a definitive answer as to whether this will be on all trainers going forward. Too bad about the shi*** laces though.

Those fettuccine laces and the OG laces are both cheap. I guess I'm just used to thicker laces Nike uses. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
I actually have to give Nike some props on the liner change.

A BIG grip from the running community about this shoe was that the heel was hard, and caused blisters while running.

:smokin

Rocked the volts today

Last edited:
^Nice! Wish mine were that clean. No matter how much I clean them they still get all dirty haha. I should probably stop using them as my training/running shoe :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom