OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
I'm confused why people don't like these in the gym. They're my go to gym shoe for everything other than squats :rolleyes

lmfao at people calling those sherberts the vomits! haha too good.

Racers are terrible gym shoes in my opinion. No ankle support and super narrow, just begging for injury. I use them for walking in the city to be honest. Flyknit lunars are great for training as well as lunar glides..

So say I use the pillow case method, do I just throw the laces and soles in there with them or hand wash the laces/soles?
Laces, Ill typically hand wash or I suppose you could throw in the pillow case, I just don't know if it would do much to be honest. If they are white sometimes I'll let them soak in a cup of bleach for an hour or two.

Haven't really discovered a great way to clean insoles yet. If you throw them in the washer they hardly look different when they come out and legitimately stay wet for over a full day. I suppose just hand washing/ scrubbing is the best method.

Last edited:
i exercise in my black/white trainers for a over 2 years. they held up. replaced them with blue trainers

Last edited:

Used to run in  them but not quite enough stability for my liking.. volts are one of my go to day drinking kicks and seem to hold up pretty ok. Always amazes me how great they look after a wash no matter how dirty they get. 
smokin.gif
Love the volt racers. I wish i had those instead of my volt trainers. Was thinkin of sellin em to get some cash for the racers..

For those that said tysons HOH had Oreos. Did they go out of stock immediately? I asked the guys there and they said they never stocked any colors other than the bright ones.. Thinking they might be keeping them in the back

Off the topic of Sherbet Vomits, do any of you use your racers for things other than looking pretty? Day 2 of using the Blue Lagoons at the gym and i feel they'll fall apart. Anyone given them consistant gym usage? How do they hold up after a while?
I've lifted in my B/Ws and Hot Cheetos/Orange Slices for as long as I've had them and, while they don't have great ankle support and are pretty narrow, I like them for upper body days/straight line sprints. They've held up well so far and I love the lightweight feel and how they keep my feet cool. I wouldn't suggest squatting/deadlifting/doing any balance activity with them, however, because they just aren't as stable as other options. I prefer my Flyknit Free 3.0s for those days. Hope this helps! 

Off the topic of Sherbet Vomits, do any of you use your racers for things other than looking pretty? Day 2 of using the Blue Lagoons at the gym and i feel they'll fall apart. Anyone given them consistant gym usage? How do they hold up after a while?

Aside from doing lunges and squats, they're my go to shoes for the gym and daily use. All my pears have held up perfectly fine. And happy flyknit Friday.

My racers arent meant for gym use.  They just aren't as comfortable as my flyknit lunars.  Those I use as my gym kicks and they are awesome.

Are you not using them to look pretty in the gym? Since you are taking a marathon running shoe to lift....

Are you not using them to look pretty in the gym? Since you are taking a marathon running shoe to lift....
Not many people really use Racers for marathons honestly. Most people prefer at least marginally more supportive shoes for that distance... If anything, I would say that the Racers are best used for straight-line sprints given their weight and narrowness.

Racers are generally used to flex on IG and threads like this, so why is it so bad that someone is actually using a shoe meant for physical activity for *God forbid* physical activity and not hanging off skyscrapers/standing in puddles to get likes? 

FTL in cerritos played that shady game today. They received the oreos yesterday, but lied and told everyone that they were receiving them today in the morning and they sold about 5-6 pairs before telling everyone that they sold out. waited for all the employees to get theirs before letting everyone else have the few pairs leftover smh

Not many people really use Racers for marathons honestly. Most people prefer at least marginally more supportive shoes for that distance... If anything, I would say that the Racers are best used for straight-line sprints given their weight and narrowness.

Racers are generally used to flex on IG and threads like this, so why is it so bad that someone is actually using a shoe meant for physical activity for *God forbid* physical activity and not hanging off skyscrapers/standing in puddles to get likes? 
I'm hating on him because he wants to use is racers at the gym. I was merely commenting on what seems like his elitist mentality on what to use racers for since he is using them at the gym when there are clearly also better shoes to lift in.  

To me, this just the same thing as climbing a skyscaper and taking pics in your racers, was that not a physical activity to get up there?  I'm not sure if taking pics of your shoes standing in the gym > taking pictures of your shoes while standing outside.

Back
Top Bottom