OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
so the orange are not HTM\\

edit info

Fleet Feet West Hartford

1003 B Farmington Ave.

West Hartford, CT 06107

860-233-8077

has the orange racers in stock but will NOT sell them over the phone.

Well that's a lot of help.. All HTM have a number due to the fact that there are usually only 100 pairs made.

No I haven't tried sockless yet, was never a fan of wearing shoes w/ out socks.

Last edited:
I found this photo today from the Nike Innovation Summit in February. The photo is supposed to be a showcase of whats possible with flyknit.
This is the Nike Lunar Flyknit Ugly Sweater

Pezones, and anyone else out there with both the Racers and Trainers, is there a noticeable difference in sizing between the two? Does the Trainer run any bigger/smaller than the Racers?

Glad there's finally some good release info. They're a little more expensive than I'd hoped for, but they look well worth it. I'm gonna get a pair
as soon as I can.

Pezones, and anyone else out there with both the Racers and Trainers, is there a noticeable difference in sizing between the two? Does the Trainer run any bigger/smaller than the Racers?
Racer feels a lot tighter/narrower in the forefoot than the trainer does in the same size. 

Last edited:
Racer feels a lot tighter/narrower in the forefoot than the trainer does in the same size. 

this..

also
i wear a 10.5
when i tried on the 10's they fit *perfect* HOWEVER i have Sasquatch feet, super flat and wide, and there's no way i could wear the trainers or, racers especially, for any length of time UNLESS they stretched a considerable amount. if, however, i had a NORMAL foot, i most likely could have sized down.

for reference i was wearing my FR2's and my toes almost touch the tip of the frees.

in the 10.5 flys i had at least a quarter inch of room, in the 10's i had no room.

Just tweeted to them thanks! I'm hoping they are able to ship them as I live IL.

Last edited:
Im torn between the Racer and the Trainer, Leaning more towards the Racer i like thinner soles.

Last edited:
Im sorry, I misunderstood what you were trying to say. Makes sense now. My bad.
You say those are releasing 1/1........ as in January 1, 2013?
Where did you find that picture at Ray? And can you order those? I see the "Add to cart" button.

Tracktalk Forums. Apparently, it's what the stores see when they order shoes for their inventory.

First Review:
Today I went on a quick 3 mile run LOL.
It was mainly to test out the FKs.
Cushioning- 9.5/10
The cushioning was superb. The zoom feels AMAZING! It may just be me though, because I've always preferred zoom over lunar. Super responsive and springy. These>Lunar Eclipse +1, Free Run 2,3 , and Lunarglide 2 and 3s
Comfort- 10/10
The FK upper is sooo soft. No break-in needed.
What surprised me the most is that the toe box doesn't crease as much as i expected.
It started to crease after the run but it wasn't bad. It is like a bending a thin carpet.
Heel Support- 6/10
I don't know if it was me (I have super thick orthotics) or just the shoe.
My heel was slipping sometimes during my run and for casual wear.
Another reason why people who will use the stock insole to go a .5 size down!
breathability- 9/10
I watched Batman yesterday and its kinda gross but when I watch movies my feet start to sweat.
My foot felt very cool throughout the whole movie.
Its 85 degrees in H-Town which isn't that hot so I can't comment on its breathability in warm weather.
Fit
People with medium and narrow feet go .5 size down.
wide: go TTS.

Interesting. I wore Zoom when I started running (Victory+). I loved the shoe, but once I tried Lunar, I never turned back. Then again, I definitely DO NOT plan on running in these. :lol:

One more thing, regarding the heel, is it firmer than the rest of the shoe, or does it feel just as soft as the rest of the shoe?

so, this just happened...

still in shock, story to follow......

NICE, pez!

Last edited:

be offline for a while - will try and answer any/all ?'s when i get back!:D

I see your selling a pair on the bay. There are only a few other non-HTM and non-Eugene pairs out there. I think it is safe to say that Houston and CT was the first two places to sell their Flyknits

I see your selling a pair on the bay. There are only a few other non-HTM and non-Eugene pairs out there. I think it is safe to say that Houston and CT was the first two places to sell their Flyknits
I saw that too. I like that orange CW better than the orange HTM CW. :pimp:

Damn I wish one of these stores was by me. I've been fiending for the flyknits since the press conference that announced them.

Havent been on the site since saturday so awesome to see the updated pics and reviews. So stoked about these! Keep them coming guys

A small magazine snip-it I found while reading this morning. I thought it was funny when it said the release date was July 15. :smh:

Last edited:
I love this thread, I love the fact that everyone is helping each other out. Salute. By the way, I'm Jonas and I'm the guy who interviewed Todd Jordan for complex. I've been on this site for a while lurking and just decided to check the thread out. Be real excited, Nike has some awesome colorways planned for flyknit. There will be a special Olympic colorway that will probably be dropping this week, it's the pair with the blue,green and other colors hues blended in together. That pair is HTM, how do I know? I took the pic and wear tested them. Those will be dropping at 21 mercer, POSSIBLY :wink:. You can find me on twitter: @jonastheprince or Instagram:Jonastheprince say what's up. Peace ya'll.

That's awesome!

Other than the Lunar One+, will there be more Lunar based Flyknits (i.e. Jason Lester's FK Trainer upper X LunarTrainer midsole/outsole or even an HTM-esque general release with the Lunaracer base) released to the public as a general release? :nerd:

Ill: the heel is a little firmer than the forefoot, but its still pretty soft. kinda scared to run in these again, the rubber is too thin.. also, i found the pics of my seperated sole. will post when i get home!

So I just finished going thru this thread and saving all the pics possible.... My life has changed forever.... :nthat: Now to find myself a few pairs of w/e I can get lol

my local RRS said they wil have both the trainer and racer on friday. I have already bought a green trainer and the red Olympic Trials pair. I really want the blue HTM racers though

I called almost all of the Fleet Feets. There are very few that are getting them or have even heard of them. None of them wanted to do phone orders. If anybody has any leads on the black, orange, or blue pairs please let me know. Being in Wyoming doesn't help me much. Thanks!

I love this thread, I love the fact that everyone is helping each other out. Salute. By the way, I'm Jonas and I'm the guy who interviewed Todd Jordan for complex. I've been on this site for a while lurking and just decided to check the thread out. Be real excited, Nike has some awesome colorways planned for flyknit. There will be a special Olympic colorway that will probably be dropping this week, it's the pair with the blue,green and other colors hues blended in together. That pair is HTM, how do I know? I took the pic and wear tested them. Those will be dropping at 21 mercer, POSSIBLY :wink:. You can find me on twitter: @jonastheprince or Instagram:Jonastheprince say what's up. Peace ya'll.

Thanks for the info!

Do you have any idea if a Nike.com or Canada release is gonna happen?

Back
Top Bottom