OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
Seeing those HTMs just make me more mad at nike. Those are just about the greatest shoes they have ever produced... visually and comfort wise. The fact that they would only make a few pairs of those things is just ridiculous.

jesus. those HTMs literally might be the greatest shoe I have ever seen.

:rofl: dragicon dragicon I swear I read your post after I wrote mine

Last edited:
Those are actually my least favorite HTM Trainers :lol:. Still an awesome shoe though.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.  Repped.

On a side note, seems as though Nike hasn't really produced any new runners that is catching everyone by storm as of late.  Everyone is all up on the uncaged boost or NMD life by adidas.  

I think Nike was completely caught off guard by the rise of Adidas Boost tech. Boost seems to be in a league of it's own right now and you better believe Nike is throwing tons of money at R&D for new tech.

In a way Nike kind of deserves it for using Lunarlon for all these years and using Zoom as a standard for almost 2 decades. This definitely stifled innovation for them.

I think Nike was completely caught off guard by the rise of Adidas Boost tech. Boost seems to be in a league of it's own right now and you better believe Nike is throwing tons of money at R&D for new tech.

In a way Nike kind of deserves it for using Lunarlon for all these years and using Zoom as a standard for almost 2 decades. This definitely stifled innovation for them.

2012-2014 when the flyknits were first introduced and nike sportswear and tech wear were being released i thought nike couldn't be beat. feeling like nike has just been riding their flyknit wave, slapping it on everything in recent years, lacking innovation and products that are "must haves". i mean even the racer and trainers are 4 years old now. props to adidas for stepping up and giving consumers a new look, healthy competition that i'm sure will make way for products to get excited about again (hopefully). just my .02. unds since its hot in texas.

28165261072_f6b90abaa7_c.jpg

Last edited:

No innovation? I don't think they were caught off-guard by Boost, I just think they were too busy to care

http://news.nike.com/news/nike-innovation-2016 

No innovation? I don't think they were caught off-guard by Boost, I just think they were too busy to care

Lol this is all based off of old and existing tech.. Are you seriously trying to argue that Nike has created any cushioning as innovative as Boost recently? Nike is killing it in terms of sales but they haven't YET developed anything like Boost.

None of that is going to translate into anything cool for regular consumers. The lunar epics have my attention...the flyknit prestos are awesome. otherwise, nike is resting on their good old retros. Not interested anymore. 

I'm glad Adidas is FINALLY taking shares and lighting fire under Nike's bottom, Nike has been LAZY for many years now with no real competition
This. Competition is goof for us, the consumers. Nike still absolutely dominating but the last 2 years have been a bit of a wake up call IMO

Lol this is all based off of old and existing tech.. Are you seriously trying to argue that Nike has created any cushioning as innovative as Boost recently? Nike is killing it in terms of sales but they haven't YET developed anything like Boost.
Yes, expanding on technology that they have created over the years. Pushing the bounds

What else has Adidas done in terms of innovation? Nike has various silhouettes that compete with the comfort of UB, including the new Lunarepic which is amazing & much better in terms of performance

I'm not saying Adidas isn't doing some good things lately, they have def gained cool points. But like you said... Nike is killing it in terms of sales which is the goal for any company in this market.

None of that is going to translate into anything cool for regular consumers. The lunar epics have my attention...the flyknit prestos are awesome. otherwise, nike is resting on their good old retros. Not interested anymore. 
They are going to be able to do A LOTTT with the vapor max. Have you ever considered the fact that retros are still flying off the shelves for a reason? Because they are still able to be relevant today. I think that speaks to the fact that the designs being great enough to stand the test of time. 

Yes, expanding on technology that they have created over the years. Pushing the bounds

What else has Adidas done in terms of innovation? Nike has various silhouettes that compete with the comfort of UB, including the new Lunarepic which is amazing & much better in terms of performance

I'm not saying Adidas isn't doing some good things lately, they have def gained cool points. But like you said... Nike is killing it in terms of sales which is the goal for any company in this market.

Why do I keep repeating myself? What new tech does Nike have to compare to Boost? (as far as cushioning goes)

The Lunarepic might be a great shoe but it relies on existing cushioning tech. Nike has been relying on Lunarlon, Zoom, Air, etc. Etc. and, although these products make them a ton of money, none of this cushioning tech is innovative anymore because it's been around for so long.

This discussion is simply about recent innovation (specifically in cushioning), not sales.

Last edited:
Why do I keep repeating myself? What new tech does Nike have to compare to Boost? (as far as cushioning goes)

The Lunarepic might be a great shoe but it relies on existing cushioning tech. Nike has been relying on Lunarlon, Zoom, Air, etc. Etc. and, although they make them a ton of money, none of this cushioning tech is innovative anymore because it's been around for so long.
The lunar has been updated and is not like any other lunarlon sole before it. The laser siping adds cushion & flexibility along with the new pressure mapping of the outsole. Each pod acts as its own cushioning system and combine for the smoothest ride of any lunar ever. So actually no, it doesnt rely on existing tech

That's what i'm trying to tell you. It's not old technology, it's the next step in the progression of the lunarlon series. Just like the Vapormax is the next progression of the AM series. 

Innovation doesn't necessarily mean a new product all together. It also means a new & improved method which is what Nike has done with both of these lines.

The lunar has been updated and is not like any other lunarlon sole before it. The laser siping adds cushion & flexibility along with the new pressure mapping of the outsole. Each pod acts as its own cushioning system and combine for the smoothest ride of any lunar ever. So actually no, it doesnt rely on existing tech

That's what i'm trying to tell you. It's not old technology, it's the next step in the progression of the lunarlon series. Just like the Vapormax is the next progression of the AM series. 

Innovation doesn't necessarily mean a new product all together. It also means a new & improved method which is what Nike has done with both of these lines.

Okay but, according to what you're saying, Nike has updated existing tech to innovate.. What NEW (as in not based on any existing tech like Lunar or Zoom) cushioning tech has Nike developed recently? Boost wasn't an evolution from any existing tech when it came to the market (as was Nike Air when it first released decades ago).

What recent Nike cushioning tech does not have roots in Air/Zoom/Lunar? Boost has no roots in any existing tech.

Last edited:

Okay but, according to what you're saying, Nike has updated existing tech to innovate.. What NEW (as in not based on any existing tech like Lunar or Zoom) cushioning tech has Nike developed recently? Boost wasn't an evolution from any existing tech when it came to the market (as was Nike Air when it first released decades ago).

What recent Nike cushioning tech does not have roots in Air/Zoom/Lunar? Boost has no roots in any existing tech.

What is your larger point here? I don't get why it matters if nike does or doesn't release new cushioning. They already have many different types of cushioning that have been extremely successful. The flyknit racer was hyped up beyond belief, and they had basic cushioning... and some would even say it is undesirable as an everyday shoe. The reason the ultra boosts and NMDs are hyped up is because people like the way they look, and they are the current trend. Roshes were hyped up beyond belief and I thought they sucked in every way (cushioning, grip, style). I don't think Nike really cares about Adidas much, they are probably more concerned with steph curry and under armor since all the kids like wearing that stuff.

What is your larger point here? I don't get why it matters if nike does or doesn't release new cushioning. They already have many different types of cushioning that have been extremely successful. The flyknit racer was hyped up beyond belief, and they had basic cushioning... and some would even say it is undesirable as an everyday shoe. The reason the ultra boosts and NMDs are hyped up is because people like the way they look, and they are the current trend. Roshes were hyped up beyond belief and I thought they sucked in every way (cushioning, grip, style). I don't think Nike really cares about Adidas much, they are probably more concerned with steph curry and under armor since all the kids like wearing that stuff.

I guess my point is that there is nothing new and exciting in Nike's current tech. All of the products you mentioned have roots in Air/Lunar/Zoom which we've all probably wore at one point of another. When I got my first lair of Boosts last year (PB), in terms of cushioning, it felt like nothing I had ever worn before.

I guess my point is that there is nothing new and exciting in Nike's current tech. All of the products you mentioned have roots in Air/Lunar/Zoom which we've all probably wore at one point of another. When I got my first lair of Boosts last year (PB), in terms of cushioning, it felt like nothing I had ever worn before.

Why does it have to be new to be exciting? Improving on solid foundations and advancing already proven technologies is exciting if you ask me.

Just because Adidas has literally only come up with 1 new thing in the past 10-15 years doesn't mean Nike is falling behind. When in reality Adidas is and always will be trying to catch up. Even if it means they have to steal innovative ideas (Primeknit... Cause that's something new & innovative that Adidas thought of right?)

Last edited:
Why does it have to be new to be exciting? Improving on solid foundations and advancing already proven technologies is exciting if you ask me.

Just because Adidas has literally only come up with 1 new thing in the past 10-15 years doesn't mean Nike is falling behind. When in reality Adidas is and always will be trying to catch up. Even if it means they have to steal innovative ideas (Primeknit... Cause that's something new & innovative that Adidas thought of right?)

Because new products that are well-received are inherently exciting? I never said Nike is falling behind but they simply don't have a new cushioning tech that isn't rooted in existing tech. Nike is known for recycling old products-and it's worked out great for them, in terms of sales.

Almost all the most expensive sneakers, in terms of resale value, have been Nike retros-because those products have stood the test of time. But, to that point, do you think anyone is going to care about the Air Max 2015 (a flagship model, mind you) in 20 years? Look at the KD8, Lebron 13 and Jordan XXX-all of those flagship models sold terribly at retail. Nike Basketball has even had to change it's strategy as well because retailers (not Nike) took huge losses and complained.

Nike, at the end of the day, essentially prints money but doesn't necessarily dictate design culture like it used to.

Last edited:

I will admit that the only thing really keeping me with the swoosh is nostalgia. The All out flyknit,lunar epic,flyknit mercurial etc interest me, but the box prices have me circling certain colorways waiting for sales. None of the new models give me the "must have" feeling like the lunar1 and racers did.

Despite how I feel about the new models, I think nike is doing the right thing by progressing the tech that works. Articulated zoom for example, is a beautiful thing IMO. I'm sure they're in the lab cooking something new up and once they feel its ready..... we'll see it. Nike tends to do a lot of stupid mashups of new tech on old kicks and most of the time it doesn't work out. I much rather see new silhouettes with updated tech or even wait for the new innovation.

Adidas isn't really hurting Nikes pockets, but they outdid themselves in the last 2-3 years. The UB is the most comfy casual shoe IMO. The NMDs are dope and it seems like the alphabounce will do pretty good too. BUT if no one had taken the pic of Kanye in the all whites, we wouldn't even be having this convo. Boost would be flooding the outlet stores along with the Zx and Sl series (Fine by me. more for the taking).

From my understanding tho, flyknit only released before primeknit. Everyone thinks Adidas copied nike but thats not the case. Adidas started developing it earlier and nike beat them putting it out. Thats why Adidas won the lawsuit. IMO comfy = primeknit Colorway = flyknit

Last edited:
^ this lawsuit that you speak of was Nike saying Adidas infringed on Nike's flyknit patents. The courts determine that was not the case, and it was thrown out. They've both been developing them long before they released.

Thats the hardest time I've had turning down a purchase. I just couldn't get myself to do it... I have so many racers, I feel like I wouldn't wear them before any of my other low-rotation racers.
I hear that. Would have been in the same position if that Nina was available

Back
Top Bottom