OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
All easy passes (just too feminine for me).  Only semi-interested in those green ones if they hit disco. Racers are sitting in my area big time.  Time to give the racers a long breather and get back to the trainers.

Last edited:
How do these run compared to UB?
I just snagged my first (and probably only --- they are inferior to UBs in every regard) pair at size 9, and def. am gonna go back to the store and see if they have a 9.5 or even 10.  They run smaller than UBs, and the flyknit doesn't stretch much, if at all.  I wear a size 9 UB for reference.  

Last edited:
I just snagged my first (and probably only --- they are inferior to UBs in every regard) pair at size 9, and def. am gonna go back to the store and see if they have a 9.5 or even 10.  They run smaller than UBs, and the flyknit doesn't stretch much, if at all.  I wear a size 9 UB for reference.  

FOH

what a weird post to read lol

Hey, they look cool at least. 
tongue.gif

what a weird post to read lol

:lol: this

1. You can actually run in Flyknit Racers. Much preferred for anything over 2 miles over UBs.
2. I wear an 11 in UB 2.0s and 1.0s....my FKRs are an 11 and fit great....

I realize I'm going to offend some people but I've got to say something. Most people that are buying UB and Flyknit racers are buying them for casual wear. 99% of people I've seen wearing UB are not wearing them to exercise and quite frankly look like they've never been to the gym (not in a bad way, just don't look like they exercise). Most people forget Nike created the Flyknit racer as a premium performance shoe for marathoners. They did not have in mind, everyone who loved the look as a casual shoe. But because they've been so popular, people have been buying them in various colors and have grown a fan base much like the UB lovers. To compare them is idiotic as adidas never says the UB is a performance shoe (not that I know of) and the Flyknit racer has never been advertised as a lifestyle shoe. So people who compare UB's comfort are comparing it to a performance shoe. It's like comparing the comfort of a Ferrari to the comfort of a rolls Royce. Just a waste of time.

wait wait so people are saying don't use UB for marathons? I have a 10k  coming up and was debating if I should wear UB. I'm not a runner just doing this for charity so pardon my ignorance. 

I realize I'm going to offend some people but I've got to say something. Most people that are buying UB and Flyknit racers are buying them for casual wear. 99% of people I've seen wearing UB are not wearing them to exercise and quite frankly look like they've never been to the gym (not in a bad way, just don't look like they exercise). Most people forget Nike created the Flyknit racer as a premium performance shoe for marathoners. They did not have in mind, everyone who loved the look as a casual shoe. But because they've been so popular, people have been buying them in various colors and have grown a fan base much like the UB lovers. To compare them is idiotic as adidas never says the UB is a performance shoe (not that I know of) and the Flyknit racer has never been advertised as a lifestyle shoe. So people who compare UB's comfort are comparing it to a performance shoe. It's like comparing the comfort of a Ferrari to the comfort of a rolls Royce. Just a waste of time.

Just watched the Boston Marathon, didn't see any FKRs. Also, now that you mention cars I've never experienced I totally get it now.

wait wait so people are saying don't use UB for marathons? I have a 10k  coming up and was debating if I should wear UB. I'm not a runner just doing this for charity so pardon my ignorance. 

Wear em. Wore mine for my triathlon and loved it.

Adidas definitely advertised the UBs as the best running shoe ever created and many UB lovers will fight you to prove it :lol:

In all seriousness, I am sure UBs work as great running shoe for others but it is not the best, far from it.

And as far as buyers of both UBs and Racers, I don't have the stats to prove it but I think it is safe to say that more than 90% of the pairs bought are worn casually.

If you plan to run a marathon, I'd definitely give UB a few test runs because you might want to cut off your feet halfway through a marathon if it is the first time you are running in the shoes and that could go for any shoes.

I wouldn't take anybodies word on it no matter who they are because everyone's feet are different, you got to experience it yourself and your body will tell you exactly what you need to know.

Last edited:
Why do people have to fight over which shoe is better? Flyknit racers suit the needs of a different type of runner than ultra boosts do. Being mad about what someone else wants to wear casually makes even less sense.

FKRs may be better to run in than UBs, but ... to be honest, you're probably not going to see a super serious runner in either. That's more Asics, Brooks, Newton, Saucony, Mizuno etc territory. Can't tell you I've seen any buddies that run marathons or triathlon or people in general in those types of races in either model . Strong chance if they're a professional and they are, they're being sponsored. May not have been intended to be lifestyle shoes by either brand, but that's what they've become for the vast majority.

I have plenty(at least 30+ of each) of both model and UBs are more comfortable, but I wear FKRs more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom