OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters

For those who actually run in these, any noticeable difference between the racers and trainers?

Thanks.
Trainers have a much thicker feeling sole IMO, as well as the flyknit material feels thicker than racers. I love them both though. I couldn't see putting lots of miles on the racers, they feel more like a race day shoe to me (obviously).
I agree with the feel of the sole being the main difference... I think the racers are great to use if you want to do a quick speed workout on a track and if they are laced up good they really feel like a second sock 

Trainers have a much thicker feeling sole IMO, as well as the flyknit material feels thicker than racers. I love them both though. I couldn't see putting lots of miles on the racers, they feel more like a race day shoe to me (obviously).
Interesting. The racers are much more popular though, yes? (but perhaps that's simply due to celeb endorser, Kanye)
yeezy only wore the trainers

Interesting. The racers are much more popular though, yes? (but perhaps that's simply due to celeb endorser, Kanye)

Kanye has been seen in trainers as far as I know, not racers. But the racers are more popular because the silhouette of them is wonderful, they're very light, and a perfect summer shoe with or without socks. Honestly, not many people that I know actually use the zoom fk's for running, they use them for casual wear which still is :pimp:

Agree with what's been said.  The racers to me feel a lot less stable and wouldn't really be that great as an everyday workout shoe especially for cross fit or plyometrics.  Just running.  I actually prefer the more stable feel of the trainers just wish there were some available in the new blue.  Racers are similar to Roshes IMO - casual wear with people falling all over themselves to wear them for fashion, but not that great of a workout shoe if that is what you are after.  

There is a lot of bounce to the racers. Went for a run in them, really digging the grip, but I second the statement that they are unstable. The vent-like toebox really helped with keeping me cool. Still, aesthetically these are great. Really liking them thus far.

Agree with what's been said.  The racers to me feel a lot less stable and wouldn't really be that great as an everyday workout shoe especially for cross fit or plyometrics.  Just running.  I actually prefer the more stable feel of the trainers just wish there were some available in the new blue.  Racers are similar to Roshes IMO - casual wear with people falling all over themselves to wear them for fashion, but not that great of a workout shoe if that is what you are after.  

I purchased a pair of Racers from the outlets for $70 last December with the pure intention of running in them, especially for the price. I just couldn't stand how they felt, so I sold them ASAP. I guess once you've been running in Lunarlite (now Lunarlon) for a few years, your feet become spoiled. Any thing over $100 for the Racers is just a robbery, IMHO. If you want to use the Racers for performance, I'd definitely look at the Lunaracer3, which are a fraction of the price and feel so much better. The Trainers, on the other hand, I can stomach. :tongue: Again, I understand we all have our preferences. :D

Last edited:
I purchased a pair of Racers from the outlets for $70 last December with the pure intention of running in them, especially for the price. I just couldn't stand how they felt, so I sold them ASAP.
Red/Volt. Then again, I feel that the Racers are uncomfy and ugly. *shrugs
I think the Racer is the ugliest Flyknit
Agreed! I had the Racers, and I placed them up for sale immediately
Co-sign. I'm a fan of the FK tech and how these look, but they DEFINITELY are not worth retail. 
We get it bro, you dislike the Zoom FKs
laugh.gif

With that being said, since I've started wearing Racers I can barely stand or force myself to wear the one pair of Lunars I have. Yes, they may be slightly more comfortable to certain people, but in terms of overall look and style, the Lunar sole is far less attractive (not to mention the added padding of the entire FK1 shoe).

Last edited:
I purchased a pair of Racers from the outlets for $70 last December with the pure intention of running in them, especially for the price. I just couldn't stand how they felt, so I sold them ASAP. I guess once you've been running in Lunarlite (now Lunarlon) for a few years, your feet become spoiled. Any thing over $100 for the Racers is just a robbery, IMHO. If you want to use the Racers for performance, I'd definitely look at the Lunaracer3, which are a fraction of the price and feel so much better. The Trainers, on the other hand, I can stomach.
tongue.gif
Again, I understand we all have our preferences.
happy.gif
completely agree with the lunars.  i've been using lunarglide 3s to run in and love it.  tried running in racers once, but agree with vader and others, they're pretty unstable to me, personally, as i don't always run on the balls of my feet.

We get it bro, you dislike the Zoom FKs :lol:  

With that being said, since I've started wearing Racers I can barely stand or force myself to wear the one pair of Lunars I have. Yes, they may be slightly more comfortable to certain people, but in terms of overall look and style, the Lunar sole is far less attractive (not to mention the added padding of the entire FK1 shoe).

awesome pics...can't wait for them.are those the new balance laces?how many inches long?

We get it bro, you dislike the Zoom FKs FK Racers :lol:  

:lol: Fixed. :tongue:
It's just the Racers that I dislike. The Trainers, I can stomach. If they only had colored outsoles, I'd have definitely own more than one right now.

completely agree with the lunars.  i've been using lunarglide 3s to run in and love it.  tried running in racers once, but agree with vader and others, they're pretty unstable to me, personally, as i don't always run on the balls of my feet.

I love running and am a forefoot runner. I've run only three official races though; two Fulls (PR: 3:30) and 1 Half (PR: 1: 36). When I get a shoe for running, I have good sense what shoe can help me perform better, and the Racers feel so obsolete compared to the other runners Nike has available, imo. I feel like I'd get injuried running in them.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
Fixed.
tongue.gif

It's just the Racers that I dislike. The Trainers, I can stomach. If they only had colored outsoles, I'd have definitely own more than one right now.
I love running and am a forefoot runner. I've run only three official races though; two Fulls (PR: 3:30) and 1 Half (PR: 1: 36). When I get a shoe for running, I have good sense what shoe can help me perform better, and the Racers feel so obsolete compared to the other runners Nike has available, imo. I feel like I'd get injuried running in them.
oh you're a REAL runner lol.  i only run on the treadmill and the track so your conclusions are much more credible than mine hahah

oh you're a REAL runner lol.  i only run on the treadmill and the track so your conclusions are much more credible than mine hahah

Sorry, bro. I didn't mean it to be like that. :wow:

Let's get this thread back on a positive vibe... More collection/pick-up pics, please! :D........ more of the Trainers though, jk!

I feel like I'd get injuried running in them.

+1 on this - I feel the same way.  If you have ever twisted an ankle (basketball injuries from the past for me) I'd recommend staying away from the racers.  They really are just some fancy flimsy fabric on top of some cushioned soles.  Great looks but that's it.  

Last edited:
Sorry, bro. I didn't mean it to be like that.
embarassed.gif

Let's get this thread back on a positive vibe... More collection/pick-up pics, please!
happy.gif
........ more of the Trainers though, jk!
haha nah man, no offense taken

but yea, back on topic.  i finally receive my yellow and chlorine blue racers on wednesday from RRS.  can't wait to get those

Here you go. My full OG trainer set (I don't wear white).

Will post better pics later in the week.

That's what I'm talkin' about! :smokin You've got all the best ones (Volts, Red, Glows and Total Oranges), imo. Are you settled with the Trainers now?

Back
Top Bottom