OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
613  BRIGHT CRIMSON/TARP GREEN//WHITE

[table][TR]
[TD]631[/TD]
[TD]UNIVERSITY RED/WHITE//ELECTRIC GREEN[/TD]
[/TR]
[/table][table][TR]
[TD]710[/TD]
[TD]ELECTRIC YELLOW/PURE PLATINUM//WHITE[/TD]
[/TR]
[/table][table][TR]
[TD]713[/TD]
[TD]VOLT/ATOMIC TEAL//WHITE[/TD]
[/TR]
[/table][table][TR]
[TD]611[/TD]
[TD]PINK FLASH/DARK GREY//WHITE[/TD]
[/TR]
[/table][table][TR]
[TD]551[/TD]
[TD]COURT PURPLE/WHITE//MEDIUM VIOLET[/TD]
[/TR]
[/table]

Found some good information from my Nike Rep. here are some of the possible Spring 2013 colorways.  He said these should drop 12/18/12.  Keep you posted on any more news I get.

I was wondering when we were gunna start the "what are the next color-ways" talk. Are you sure that those color-ways are not for the Lunar One?
Pink Flash/Dark Grey/White

Got my Volt Racers in yesterday and once I opened that box :wow: :wow: :wow: :pimp: :pimp:

The quality, detail,and weight of this shoe is something else...$150 is a little pricey, but the detailing is something else :pimp:

I assume Racers are "limited" compared to Trainers,or can we expect more colorways in the Racers?

When it comes down to it, it's really not a big deal to me.  I can easily find sneakers that will perform better and I will return the ones I received.  I even offered to sell my pairs that didn't fit without profit to someone in this thread who didn't know if he could get them otherwise because maybe they'd suit him better.  Should I have asked what his intended use was first and expected that he find a way to try them on?

I was looking forward to new technology...am I not allowed to be critical of Nike's inconsistent sizing?  It's just funny how defensive YOU got over a product that, unless you have some stake in the company, has no bearing on your life...to the point where you made it personal.  None of it applies to me so I'm not personally offended, it just found your response to be absurd.

look man its all good. obviously we each have our own views and in my original comment i never singled anyone out, but you seem to have taken my comment personally otherwise you would not have responded directly to me. and you can be critical of whatever you want. just be prepared for people to call you out on it. Nikes inconsistency? EVERY brand has sizing inconsistencies which is why people try on shoes before they purchase them. ask the person your selling them to what their intended use is? thats silly, a more accurate comparison would be the person who you sell them to turning around and blaming YOU if the shoes dont fit. thats what you are doing..

I was wondering when we were gunna start the "what are the next color-ways" talk. Are you sure that those color-ways are not for the Lunar One?
Pink Flash/Dark Grey/White
product # is 532984 (trainers) i had the rep look up the Lunar One+ but all that came up was the Lunar Eclipse  I will try to get more info on the Lunar One+. 

assuming all the htm models that released have a GR counterpart...is there a possibility that we will see a GR flyknit model with the lunaracer sole?

Oh lord, are we going to start this bickering in the thread? Really? Ok...

Anyway, I tried going to Finishline and stock locating a pair using the exact product style# for blue glow/blue tint, university red & total orange/blue glow trainers, they weren't found in the system however. How are you guys doing this? I'd like to try on the 10.5 before I run in the 10s & make them unwearable haha

I see that they're labeled HTM, but the midsole is pretty generic...not really a stretch to release some pairs with the lunaracer midsole

assuming all the htm models that released have a GR counterpart...is there a possibility that we will see a GR flyknit model with the lunaracer sole?

Sure. There is always a possibility. Whether it will actually happen or not is another thing. Right now, in this thread, there is not concrete or even hint of a lunar racer sole GR release Flyknit Trainer like the HTM's. The two closest items being released in the future are the Nike Lunar One which has a Flyknit Trainer upper and Lunar Glide sole (release at the beginning of 2013)

And a rumored release of a Flyknit Trainer mid with a Lunar Sole

As for the mid, I have heard rumors and just rumors, dont take my word on it. If anyone has any more info on a wider GR lunar racer sole, your information would be much appreciated!

I see that they're labeled HTM, but the midsole is pretty generic...not really a stretch to release some pairs with the lunaracer midsole

I actually like the lunaracer midsole compared to the lunar ones as of now. I'm sure they will grow on me over time.

Also my HTM's just shipped out today so I'm hoping to get them by Monday. Will post pics when I receive them.

I like the look of the Lunar One with the Lunar Glide 4 midsole. Not feeling the Trainer Mids with the Lunar Sole, looks more like a mid-top canvas shoe.

Finally got my account active here (although I'm usually a lurker anyway =P) and figured I'd post in this thread with a quick followup on the couple of reviews of the Flyknit Racer. I pondered putting this in the review section but figured that this would also be an appropriate place to post.

I'm in the middle of a pretty aggressive running program (running between 25-30 miles a week) with an average of a 10k per run. I got the shoes on Saturday and took them out for a run for the first time on Monday for a 6 mile run, then again on Wednesday for a 7 miler. For the past two months that I've been on this schedule, I've run primarily in Lunarglide 3s and Free Run 2s.

I actually found the Trainers to be as narrow as the Racers so half sizing down to accommodate the added length resulted in an overly tight forefoot fit. I therefore went with two pairs of the racers. In retrospect, I wonder if the upper on the trainers might stretch out a bit to fit my wide foot but ultimately, I'm of the belief that if the shoe doesn't fit comfortably on a treadmill run for 3 min, it definitely won't be comfortable over longer hauls. Odd as most people seem to have commented that the Racer seemed to be narrower but that was not my experience.

The upper of the racer definitely feels like a second skin and is arguably the best fitting upper of any running shoe I've owned. As was pointed out earlier, the narrow profile of the sole concerned me that my foot wouldn't sit completely/comfortably on it. Over the course of the 6 miler, I didn't feel anything out of place but the 7 miler included a long uphill stretch and there was some slight discomfort. Ultimately though, it's clear that the upper's wraparound design does help suspend/support my foot. Another note to support another earlier post is that I can loosen the lower laces to get it to fit my wide foot while tying the top lace down tight to effectively eliminate any form of heel slip.

During the run, the shift from a Lunar based cushioning system back to Zoom (I used to run quite a lot in the Zoom Victories back in the day) showed me how far cushioning has progressed with Lunar. The ride was definitely harsher that what I was used to (for obvious reasons) and the lack of support or stability was noticed on the runs. Interestingly enough, the Racer actually felt harsher than even the Free Run 2s that I was running in on easy days, although I'm not sure if that will change over the next week or so as I put some more mileage on them and the shoe breaks in. What was instantly noticeable was the speed increase and lack of effort required compared to the other two shoes. There was definitely more energy return and a faster toe off while running in these than when running in either of my other shoes. I'm not sure if this is due to the fact I had a rest day before both runs or if these being the first racing flat style shoes I've run in made the difference, but my pace according to my GPS readouts put me at almost 10-15sec/km (averaging almost a 5:19/km from a 5:35/km) faster than in any of my previous runs. I don't doubt that weight had some factor in this but that large of a difference points to something else, be it some other aspect of the shoes or the day of rest.

Durability wise, I do wonder if the Racers will hold up over repeated training sessions but I guess I'll find out over the next couple of months. The upper itself seems to be quite resilient, and the only concern I'd have is the outsole potentially not holding up well to large mileage, as well as the seam between the upper and the midsole as was mentioned earlier in the thread. Hopefully the latter was just a freak occurrence.

In the end though, I'm definitely satisfied with the purchase and, despite the higher cost, believe that these shoes do bring an appreciable improvement/change to my current rotation. I feel that these shoes are definitely not something I'd run in everyday, as the lack of cushioning does concern me a bit for long term training and potential injuries. However, the overall fit of the shoe is light years ahead of anything else in my rotation and the fact that I want to see if additional mileage might soften up the overall cushioning means that I'll probably try to fit in the shoe at least two times a week for the next month or so, albeit on runs no more than 7 miles. I'm very interested in hearing other runner's opinions on the cushioning of the Racer vs. the Trainer and if there is any appreciable difference between the two. Ultimately, it's a different kind of shoe for a different running experience that I hope will help improve my running overall by giving me something new to train with/adapt to.

look man its all good. obviously we each have our own views and in my original comment i never singled anyone out, but you seem to have taken my comment personally otherwise you would not have responded directly to me. and you can be critical of whatever you want. just be prepared for people to call you out on it. Nikes inconsistency? EVERY brand has sizing inconsistencies which is why people try on shoes before they purchase them. ask the person your selling them to what their intended use is? thats silly, a more accurate comparison would be the person who you sell them to turning around and blaming YOU if the shoes dont fit. thats what you are doing..
I don't have to be personally offended but still state what I think.  You told people that have fat feet, don't want to run in them, lace them loosely or like roshes better that they have no business speaking up.  I didn't initiate conflict with anyone by saying something about a company but I'll respond to someone who foolishly makes it more than that.

Yes, every brand has sizing inconsistencies, I believe Nike's are glaring.  A sneaker that I want to spend money on (for whatever purpose) but cannot possibly try on surely has the risk of not fitting but I can state that I find that to be one of Nike's faults or any other company as well.

You said they weren't made for everyone and they're essentially strictly for runners, that's absurd when Nike has made a push to show non-runners wearing them in the most visible colorway possible in order to market them to everyone.  [color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]"Its not nikes fault you cannot pull these off casually because nike did not intend them for casual wear[/color][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]its not nikes fault you cannot pull these off casually because nike did not intend them for casual wear".[/color]   If you don't believe they're doing that and they gave pairs to the basketball team, swimmers, gymnasts to show how well they perform in a 10k, I don't know what to tell you.

I'll leave it at that and let the thread be about the shoes from here on.

^those are 3 of the colors they don't carry I listed earlier today what colors Finishline has

The blue glow/black code 410 is one of the pairs I mentioned, they didn't come up though. That's the color I want the most actually. Is there anything special that we have to do to make this order work?

great review by the way, as to BTB, like i said: of course they are trying to market them, thats their job. we as consumers have the responsibility to choose whats best for us even if that means NOT purchasing something that doesnt work for you personally. so again ill say, its not nikes fault they dont fit you they way you want...

As for the mid, I have heard rumors and just rumors, dont take my word on it. If anyone has any more info on a wider GR lunar racer sole, your information would be much appreciated!

i posted the catalog pics of the 3 colors releasing in feb 2013. they're labeled as chukkas.

racers came in. Streak 3's and these = very similar. But these do look nice in person

Are these joints slated to release? or did I miss the boat? No way I'm payin reseller prices for these

edit: nvm seems like i missed major

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom