OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
I just bought a pair of the trainers in blue & volt. Im wearing them now. IDK I'm less WOW'D by them now that I'm actually wearing them. The sales person talked me out of a pair of racers which is why i ended up with the trainers. I'm having buyers remorse right now, maybe I'll return them tomorrow. For me they seem stiff, but they're tight in the forefoot and loose on the heel. I was told to keep a 10.5 because the foot expands when I run, but there isn't enough lockdown for me

Love the slim silhouette of these, probably the reason why I passed on the trainers and stuck with the racers, time to hunt for the volts, amazing pair of sneakers on foot.

Finally got to try on a pair of Trainers...definitely pretty narrow, especially coming from a Vomero(!).  Didn't even bother trying on the Racers...those were ridiculously light, pretty much mesh and a sole...and VERY COOL LOOKING.  I use to wear size 10 Nikes back in the day, then 9.5, and with the Trainers I was definitely a 9, the heel was slipping in the 9.5s and I had some room in the toe but the 9s fit great in the heel.  Cushioning was better than expected (but then my Vomero 4s are ancient and worn down), but like I said before, it was very narrow in the front, but not uncomfortably so, I'm sure I could get use to it...kinda feels like I was on rollerblades or ice skates!

Anyway, I might wait for different colorways or different type of a sole.  I really like the idea of flyknit, but I'm not quite sure it's for me yet...we'll see...

BTW:  THe Chicago Fleet Feet on Wells got a new batch of Trainers in (the Volt and the Orange) and I think they have some Racers left too...

As an SF Giants fan, love the Total Orange/Barley Orange-Dark Grey colorway. My pair is coming in this week. I went with a 9.5. Hope it fits well.

ahhhhh you got em man! so jealous. the knit on those is the nicest to date by far imo. sick, sick pair. just wish you could have gotten me one in my size.

Hey illy how easy do you think it would be to sole swap a pair of lunar racer sole to a flyknit upper

One more pic!  Have always loved special makeups for the Olympics.  These will go down as two of my all-time favorites.

One more pic!  Have always loved special makeups for the Olympics.  These will go down as two of my all-time favorites.

I love how dudes are going crazy in the Lebron and KD thread, yet we're taking a look at some of the rarest shoes in the world at the moment. What are there, 4 pairs world wide plus maybe a couple of extras?

Good lookin out Grizzly

Ordered a black pair off of Portland Running....Anyone know of any places in PA that have them somewhere around Philly maybe? Looking for the blue joints.

i can't get enough of these trainers.

when comparing the length from the trainers to the racers, the trainers are noticeably longer. IMO trainers run a 1/2 size large and racers are TTS.

i got a pair of volt racers a half size down and i'm regretting it... still looking to find one in my size.

Didn't realize how good the volt trainers look with khaki pants. From now on when I go to fancy places flyknits> sperrys LOL

Finally got to try on a pair of Trainers...definitely pretty narrow, especially coming from a Vomero(!).  Didn't even bother trying on the Racers...those were ridiculously light, pretty much mesh and a sole...and VERY COOL LOOKING.  I use to wear size 10 Nikes back in the day, then 9.5, and with the Trainers I was definitely a 9, the heel was slipping in the 9.5s and I had some room in the toe but the 9s fit great in the heel.  Cushioning was better than expected (but then my Vomero 4s are ancient and worn down), but like I said before, it was very narrow in the front, but not uncomfortably so, I'm sure I could get use to it...kinda feels like I was on rollerblades or ice skates!

Anyway, I might wait for different colorways or different type of a sole.  I really like the idea of flyknit, but I'm not quite sure it's for me yet...we'll see...

BTW:  THe Chicago Fleet Feet on Wells got a new batch of Trainers in (the Volt and the Orange) and I think they have some Racers left too...

The thing with the flyknits is that they are very stiff the first few wears. The more you wear them, the more comfortable they become as they form to your feet. I wore in my Volt Trainers wearing them almost 2 weeks straight during the olympics. I forgot how stiff they started until I broke out my black/white trainers and they hurt my feet the first day until they were broken in. I went a half size down in both the trainers and racers. I am happy with my sizing choice for the trainers, but I have yet to wear the racers for a whole day yet.

The thing with the flyknits is that they are very stiff the first few wears. The more you wear them, the more comfortable they become as they form to your feet. I wore in my Volt Trainers wearing them almost 2 weeks straight during the olympics. I forgot how stiff they started until I broke out my black/white trainers and they hurt my feet the first day until they were broken in. I went a half size down in both the trainers and racers. I am happy with my sizing choice for the trainers, but I have yet to wear the racers for a whole day yet.
I'm curious how the steaming process would impact that. Obviously it's something Nike had in mind for them though it wasn't widely offered.

Back
Top Bottom