OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
If it makes you any more confident, I ordered the blue/greens in the wrong size and reordered two weeks later. Both were unpadded.

I'm good either way. it's a deal on a cw I've been wanting since it wasn't available in my size. I don't doubt what you're saying is true, but a fsr in all those sale colors is the kicker.

why did my order have to be cancelled :frown:

the thing is, in my confirmation email, it listed them as reg price but with a promotion discount. that's making it hard to figure out.

it's like a girl who cancels on dinner but then drunk texts you later when she's with her friends saying she hopes to get a drink sometime and wants her friends to meet you.

I don't know why the wording of the discount would have anything to do with them being old or new production.

Last edited:
that wont' happen. those colorways have been on sale for months.

I get that. but that's just how the price breakdown reads in the confirmation email. first time i've seen that they've used a promotion discount on an item marked at retail. why not just say it's on sale?

I get that. but that's just how the price breakdown reads in the confirmation email. first time i've seen that they've used a promotion discount on an item marked at retail. why not just say it's on sale?

ah i see what you're saying. maybe they do that with all purchases made from the clearance section.

ah i see what you're saying. maybe they do that with all purchases made from the clearance section.

other clearance items I've bought in the past just say clearance.

a lot of what I've been posting is just thinking aloud and pre-empting the inquiries of whether these are new/padded ones or not. there really is no way to tell unless a customer rep is called and asked. but even then they might not even know.

First pair of Flyknits and I'm loving them. These shoes feel like they were meant to be worn without socks. I wear my Prestos and my Roshes sockless too.

It looks like the multicolor lunars are trickling into boutique shops, may mean the trainers and racers will be in soon too. Anyone know what other shops may carry these, particularly in the Bay Area? I don't mind outside stores either if I can do a phone order. I'm looking for a pair of the racers.

Hey guys, I ordered a half size up because I have wide feet but I've been experiencing these kinds of creases. Will steaming help with this?

Definitely, man. Steaming should get rid of the creases and give you a much tighter fit.

Hey guys, I ordered a half size up because I have wide feet but I've been experiencing these kinds of creases. Will steaming help with this?
maybe try this?

shove the shoe inserts/tissue snug against the toebox so that the dimples/creasing go away and it keeps the toebox's shape in place...and then steam the whole shoe for a quick 15-30 seconds.

i've never done it myself, but i'm planning to try it out once i start noticing toebox dimples.

can someone let us know if this procedure may be a problem?

Last edited:
maybe try this?

shove the shoe inserts/tissue snug against the toebox so that the dimples/creasing go away and it keeps the toebox's shape in place...and then steam the whole shoe for a quick 15-30 seconds.

i've never done it myself, but i'm planning to try it out once i start noticing toebox dimples.

I don't see why not. there was talk of Niketowns providing that service to their flyknit customers

maybe try this?

There shouldn't be some of us have already done it with a steamer. I did mine without the inserts and they were a good snug fit and also remove the toe box issue

Steaming with tissue in there doesn't seem like the best idea. Better to do it with something that might not get wet/fall apart.

There shouldn't be some of us have already done it with a steamer. I did mine without the inserts and they were a good snug fit and also remove the toe box issue
I'm wondering if there's an issue with keeping the shoe inserts/tissue in while steaming. In theory that should be the best way to form fit the Flyknit's toebox back to its original flat position and remove toebox dimples.

Steaming with tissue in there doesn't seem like the best idea. Better to do it with something that might not get wet/fall apart.
That's what I was thinking would be a problem. What about wrapping the shoe inserts in plastic?

Back
Top Bottom