OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters

looks fake. What i sold a forum member here recently.
MrSuave, the pair you sold (green insoles) is in fact legit correct? Because I just bought a pair which looks exactly like yours off of eBay but was thrown off by the inconsistencies of the two toebox's as well as the black stitching above same. Please and thanks.

MrSuave, the pair you sold (green insoles) is in fact legit correct? Because I just bought a pair which looks exactly like yours off of eBay but was thrown off by the inconsistencies of the two toebox's as well as the black stitching above same. Please and thanks.

What black stitching are you talking about? All the weaves on mixed patterns are unique, which explains the inconsistencies in your toeboxes.

Post pictures of the shoes you bought. Oreo 1 should have volt insoles.

(re)Turning to two-tones.

Exactly mate. SMH. at least...at least have them in stores. I went to two Nike store here in Melbourne CBD when the day the platinum was released and they said they aren't getting them in-stores. I took an L but good thing a friend of mine in UK got one for my size.
The FK allocation for Australia has been taken up by other models that have been introduced  (Lunarepic, Streak, Peg, Presto, etc) and the Racer doesn't make the cut. Considering most doors outside of the US are independently owned/franchised it doesn't make much sense to buy and stock a model that isn't easily sold through.

Maybe someone a little higher up the chain can confirm, but with there being a limit on how many models/units Nike will make using FK, maybe the Racer has less units being made? Just a thought.

The FK allocation for Australia has been taken up by other models that have been introduced  (Lunarepic, Streak, Peg, Presto, etc) and the Racer doesn't make the cut. Considering most doors outside of the US are independently owned/franchised it doesn't make much sense to buy and stock a model that isn't easily sold through.

Maybe someone a little higher up the chain can confirm, but with there being a limit on how many models/units Nike will make using FK, maybe the Racer has less units being made? Just a thought.
Makes sense on the introduction on the new models you have mentioned but I don't agree that FK racers ain't easily sold through here down under. Lunarepic, streak and Prestos been sitting on the shelves for months but the Racers are sold easily. Well in Melbourne that is not sure on other Australian states.

FK Racers is pretty much similar to Adidas Ultraboost/NMDs in terms of hype here. 

Congrats @Roadnail1 on completing your MC collection. Digging the rope laces on the MC 3.0... I've actually been thinking about throwing some grey 3M ropes on one of my MC 3.0.

Last edited:

Makes sense on the introduction on the new models you have mentioned but I don't agree that FK racers ain't easily sold through here down under. Lunarepic, streak and Prestos been sitting on the shelves for months but the Racers are sold easily. Well in Melbourne that is not sure on other Australian states.

FK Racers is pretty much similar to Adidas Ultraboost/NMDs in terms of hype here. 
Not so. Racers never really sold that well and were always ordered on pretty small quantities. They're a niche shoe now and only some running stores still carry them in very small number to suit race day wearers, but even that is a pretty small market.

Not so. Racers never really sold that well and were always ordered on pretty small quantities. They're a niche shoe now and only some running stores still carry them in very small number to suit race day wearers, but even that is a pretty small market.
People here doesn't really use them for running. People use them more for casual wear which isn't really comfortable in my experience especially if you walk several hours on them. I wear and run my Racers but the hypebeast kids here are crazy. Will buy them and resell them to make profit. But I totally agree with you, it is a niche shoes if you use them for what they are meant to be. 

But the demand for them is high for them hypebeast!

Congrats @Roadnail1 on completing your MC collection. Digging the rope laces on the MC 3.0... I've actually been thinking about throwing some grey 3M ropes on one of my MC 3.0.
Thanks man! Yeah I had to go with the Grey rope laces. They look better imo.

Last edited:
I've actually become quite fond of running in racers. For a while I was only running in lunar but the MC3s have been in my running rotation pretty heavy as of late. 

Dope shoe to run in, especially when its sunny out.

As running shoes, the FKRs work really well for me, as the forefoot Zoom suits my footstrike.

Last year, I was running pretty exclusively in Lunar. This year, I made the switch to Zoom Air. I've noticed my pace for the majority of my runs have been significantly faster. I'm not sure if I've become a better runner or if Zoom Air makes that much of a difference.

Pics for reference...

Last Year: Lunar

Lunaracer3

2016: Zoom

Zoom Elite 8 (same Zoom set-up as the FKRs)

Last edited:
retailers must have had their earth tone shipments delayed. not a single place outside of snkrs has dropped them.

The heels and tongues on the "mercurials" don't look right in those pictures. And look at the horrible glue/paint job on the red one.

Last edited:

Yes, bought from NDC.  Toe box on my flyknits are inconsistent, from racers to max but I am not sure about the stitching's. Maybe post a picture of the racers you bought and someone here can confirm?

hand washed my b/w racers recently with just hot water (no soap) to try and get some dirt stains off and this happened - the black colouring can literally be rubbed off. I washed the other side in cold water and it was fine. Just a heads up, probably best not to use water that's too hot. 

anyway, what paint is best to touch these up? I know angelus but is there a particular type? Acrylic?

Back
Top Bottom