OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD IV THREAD: Galaxy Returning

Grown man checking in that will be rocking my pink kicks
pimp.gif

My chick loves em I like em and $95 cant go wrong and I'm a 12

Originally Posted by ItsaBayThang

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by igniteandexcitee

I'm passing on the Pearls for pretty much the same reason as everyone else. I appreciate the cause that the shoe is supporting and the concept of the shoes, but I just can't see myself wearing 'em. I have to draw the line somewhere, and I rock some pretty bright kicks. I've got Xmas, ASG's, BHM's already and some YOTD's on the way. I want the white N7's and Team Oranges and then I think I'm gonna call it a wrap for the KD line. They've def made it tempting to cop a lot of pairs though with the colorways they've been releasing with the IV's...

So you dudes are doing it for breast cancer awareness and charity?

Dudes always come with that "Im wearing it to support breast cancer".  That's Bull, just an excuse most dudes use to rock that pink.   If you really want to support breast cancer, you can make a donation or maybe give up alittle of your time.  If you want to rock an all pink shoe, thats fine.  Cats need to stop dropping that supporting breast cancer line though as if them rocking a pink shoe actually in some way supports breast cancer. 
+1

pretty sure the Aunt Pearls would sit and hit racks if not limited.  Same can be said of most the pink shoes.  I don't think its any secret that pink doesn't sell to the masses. Why else do you think they are pink besides the obvious connection to FEMALE.  They stand out and are far less prevalent than most other colored kicks, therefore they draw attention to the "cause".

I agree that many are probably using the "cause" as an excuse to rock these and other pink gear, but I am certain there are also plenty of us that have been affected in some way shape or form by cancer and wear them in "remembrance" of someone who they lost or survived.  Either way, rockin' pink kicks is your choice just like rockin' puke green or blood splattered kicks- simply a form of expression just like most other things you wear, and I am not knockin' anyone if thats what they choose.  The shoes probably aren't for me, but I have been known to wear the pink socks most simply because I like them.  I did lose a grandmother and grandfather to cancer, but I will hardly pretend that its the sole reason I wear the socks.

I will say this however, if Nike dropped a HOT PUNCH CW of KD,as opposed to pink , I would be all over it- probably gonna be my first and only ID when I get around to it.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Dudes always come with that "Im wearing it to support breast cancer".  That's Bull, just an excuse most dudes use to rock that pink.   If you really want to support breast cancer, you can make a donation or maybe give up alittle of your time.  If you want to rock an all pink shoe, thats fine.  Cats need to stop dropping that supporting breast cancer line though as if them rocking a pink shoe actually in some way supports breast cancer. 
+1
QFT.

+1

Not using that excuse but wouldn't someone rocking a all pink shoe that has a breast cancer awareness stamped dead on it be more of a donation than just donating? They call it breast cancer "awareness" for a reason what better way than men wearing pink shoes it screams "HEY BE AWare I have on pink kicks" lol people ask about my Nike elite Kay socks all the time even if I'm just putting them on to walk the dog one more person being aware is good no matter what reasoning.Just a thought

Originally Posted by igniteandexcitee

I'm passing on the Pearls for pretty much the same reason as everyone else. I appreciate the cause that the shoe is supporting and the concept of the shoes, but I just can't see myself wearing 'em. I have to draw the line somewhere, and I rock some pretty bright kicks. I've got Xmas, ASG's, BHM's already and some YOTD's on the way. I want the white N7's and Team Oranges and then I think I'm gonna call it a wrap for the KD line. They've def made it tempting to cop a lot of pairs though with the colorways they've been releasing with the IV's...

Hence why I said I won't be copping.. Lol@ guys making judgements on why other people buy their kicks though. Who really cares? The money is donated to breast cancer research regardless of the reason for buying them

People are so quick to put down the pink KD's or who wants to wear them. Who freaking cares, there are people who like and appreciate them so good for them. Real men don't care about what others think. Insecurity runs rampant on Niketalk. It's a cool shoe to me and it DOES support breast cancer, or cancer in general. In October, the NFL wears all pink things from cleats to gloves to caps. Cancer is bigger than worrying about other men wearing a pink shoe. Besides, if God created the color pink, it's fair game for male or female. PERIOD.

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

People are so quick to put down the pink KD's or who wants to wear them. Who freaking cares, there are people who like and appreciate them so good for them. Real men don't care about what others think. Insecurity runs rampant on Niketalk. It's a cool shoe to me and it DOES support breast cancer, or cancer in general. In October, the NFL wears all pink things from cleats to gloves to caps. Cancer is bigger than worrying about other men wearing a pink shoe. Besides, if God created the color pink, it's fair game for male or female. PERIOD.

Pretty much sums it up there. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by VTex23

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

Pretty much sums it up there. 
pimp.gif
+1

I hope NikeTown SF comes through with a size 11 for the Pearls. I sent a DM right when they tweeted the RSVP. If not I might have to hit up the HOH or just take the L and go to the beach at Santa Cruz boardwalk tomorrow 
glasses.gif

Which KD IV should I unDS for the beach?

a. YOTD

b. BHM

c. ASG

Don't the procedes go to breast cancer research or some charity? So in a way you are helping, no?

Don't think I can pull off pink shoes though, but that's a personal preference.

People already lined up at HoH Dadeland
30t6p3b.gif
, looking like a no go on the Pearls for me... did manage to cop the rogue green's (UNDFTD) today at Sole Fly though
smokin.gif
had to go half a size down but they fit alright. A lot nicer in person than in photos, one of my favorites so far.

Looks like I struck out at NTSF. It says the RSVP tweet went out at 2:18. My DM said sent at 2:18 and I still missed out. I don't know what more I can do.

I hope this UNDFTD nickname doesn't catch on and make them harder to get. Hopefully they'll be a GR.

Originally Posted by CaymanCane

People already lined up at HoH Dadeland
30t6p3b.gif
, looking like a no go on the Pearls for me... did manage to cop the rogue green's (UNDFTD) today at Sole Fly though
smokin.gif
had to go half a size down but they fit alright. A lot nicer in person than in photos, one of my favorites so far.

Do you think they're there for the KDs or the IV's?

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

+1
QFT.

It's so much more than that tho. It's not about supporting breast cancer, it's about raising awareness. So picture this for example: 
One of you clowns see's me rocking my kay yow kobe's and you go: "hey man, what's up with the pink shoes bro??". 

I then reply: "It's a shoe Nike released for the Kay Yow foundation and all the proceeds go to it". 

You clowns respond with:  "what's a kay yow foundation". 

Me: "It's a foundation that raises money towards finding a cure for breast cancer".

YC: "Well why are YOU wearing it"

Me: "The disease took my grandmothers life. She would've had a better chance at a surviving if she had detected it earlier"

You clowns go home and tell your mom/spouse/girl/mistress about it and they decide to go get checked. 

BOOM, now a topic you clowns were once ignorant about is a topic you are AWARE of.

Us - 1 Cancer - 0

Back
Top Bottom