Official Niketalk DJ Thread vol. NO REQUESTS

I've just started playing around with DJ mixer pro which is nice! :smokin I made some pretty nice mixes. Anyone else use this? Didn't check other posts

got this for house parties haha. loads of fun.

numark-idj-live.png

hey guys, good to see the page is up after the move.
well here is my latest mix. open format.

(sorry no clue how to embed with the new site)

i recently did a hiphop mix with a friend aswell, the first half is mine

the rest of my mixes are on

http://www.soundcloud.com/killaka5

Last edited:
I surely do hope some of you cats are still doing it the traditional way like myself with just vinyl.

I know I know, keep up with the new s*** but it just doesn't feel right to me.

Last edited:
the only vinyl i use now is a serato control record lol.... i still have a few crates though in the house... mostly stuff from the 90's i cant find to part with

Latest routine mashup of Calvin Harris - We'll Be Coming Back vs Major Lazer - Pon de Floor. Using Kontrol S2 and Traktor.

Dunno what it's like for the Mixtrack, but I tried to put these on my S2, such a pain in the *** to remove the knobs.
Super-easy to remove the knobs and faders in the MixTrack pro, so I guess it's also easy to put the new ones on.

I had a gig this past weekend. It was super chaotic.
-Grand opening night
-No needles
-No headphones
-No cable to connect mixer to speakers/amp.
-Club owner told me he had EVERYTHING just bring laptop ( I only took some serato vinyl because i had bought new ones that same day)
-I got stuck in the Latin room which i wasn't feeling that night

-Security guard kept checking up on us and was SUPER coked out lol

Super-easy to remove the knobs and faders in the MixTrack pro, so I guess it's also easy to put the new ones on.

i been meaning to get these knobs, wanted the neon ones, but they were sold out.
i think the white/neon/bright ones are essential on a 57 if you're djing in a dark booth.

I had a gig this past weekend. It was super chaotic.

-Grand opening night

-No needles

-No headphones

-No cable to connect mixer to speakers/amp.

-Club owner told me he had EVERYTHING just bring laptop ( I only took some serato vinyl because i had bought new ones that same day)

-I got stuck in the Latin room which i wasn't feeling that night
-Security guard kept checking up on us and was SUPER coked out lol

that sucks, but sorry to say this but this is your fault. when they say they have everything, they dont.
you should always carry your needles, records (serato cd) and headphones. no matter what people tell me they got.
i bring everything i think i should need.
its always better to be over prepared than missing stuff.
i always carry a serato box, rcas, long rcas (with rca-1/4 converter) power strip, extension cord, XLRs, laptop stand. unless i have already dj somewhere i bring all this, you never know what to expect. hope things work out next time,

Yo if you're in hollywood this Halloween and want to party, HIT ME UP. Myself and another dj will be spinning the whole night.

Last edited:
i been meaning to get these knobs, wanted the neon ones, but they were sold out.
i think the white/neon/bright ones are essential on a 57 if you're djing in a dark booth.
that sucks, but sorry to say this but this is your fault. when they say they have everything, they dont.
you should always carry your needles, records (serato cd) and headphones. no matter what people tell me they got.
i bring everything i think i should need.
its always better to be over prepared than missing stuff.
i always carry a serato box, rcas, long rcas (with rca-1/4 converter) power strip, extension cord, XLRs, laptop stand. unless i have already dj somewhere i bring all this, you never know what to expect. hope things work out next time,
Yea. I Dj'd for them before and didnt have a problem so i figured it would all be good this time around as well. 
"You live and you learn"
lol i dj'd down the street from that party up there^^^^^^ on Hollywood and Ivar

So me and my roommates all DJ in SF and every Thursday we have a live UStream show from 7-12pst. If you guys ever wanna check it out go on keepitmovinsf.com every Thursday. You can see all of our past shows on there. Tomorrow will be our 9th consecutive week. We have guest DJs weekly so if any of you in the Bay Area ever wanna be a guest let me know.

I started DJing like last December. I started with a MixTrack and now have an S4. We also have 2 CDJ-2000s and a DJM-900Nexus.

Here's one configuration of our setup:
29xu9zl.jpg

So me and my roommates all DJ in SF and every Thursday we have a live UStream show from 7-12pst. If you guys ever wanna check it out go on keepitmovinsf.com every Thursday. You can see all of our past shows on there. Tomorrow will be our 9th consecutive week. We have guest DJs weekly so if any of you in the Bay Area ever wanna be a guest let me know.

I started DJing like last December. I started with a MixTrack and now have an S4. We also have 2 CDJ-2000s and a DJM-900Nexus.

Here's one configuration of our setup:
29xu9zl.jpg

Will try and tune in. What kind of music?

Here are the Chroma Caps installed, they feel great!

Have to cop the DJTT USB cabel, having problem with the stock one that came with the MixTrack Pro :frown:

Back
Top Bottom