Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Has anyone smelled these:

Diptyque Eau Duelle
Mona di Orio Les Nombres D'or Vanille
Acqua Di Parma Mirto/Essenza

Hahaha. Yeah when I first got it I took a big whiff and kind of gagged. I haven't smelled it since. I thought it would be some masculine rose scent. It legit smells like blood
Did you try out cape heartache? I'm REALLY liking this right now, wow really good

Everything he mentioned is top ten for many? Really? Nope.

You can do better than a comment like this. Clearly taste doesn't factor into it right>?

I dunno guys. I really like this thread, but I think you are all sipping the bond no 9 kool aid. 

I feel exactly the same as the person you're all attacking. I would never spend (even the discounted or split price) money on bond no 9. I've been given every bon-bon sample they offer. Other than bottle design, it rarely stacks up favourably against any of my heavy hitters.

To call bond no 9 high quality....it comes across as a good designer for niche prices. That's obviously not just my opinion either.

Regardless of how you feel, you guys should be a little more welcoming of discourse. 
I agree with @Lamont...I think bond no 9 is a bit overpriced and overrated. I couldn't see myself buying a bottle of anything besides Wallstreet and maybe HTTP but its similarities to Aventus won't allow that to happen.

There have been so many other amazing fragrances from all the splits in here that I would prefer over the majority of bond no 9. Just my opinion tho
I really only liked the HTTP and noticed that as well.

@Baise tonCanape  I wouldnt mind trying tom ford colognes as well.

@Lamont  I agree bond colognes seem to really have great longevity.

Last edited:
NSJ, maybe Ralph Lauren Purple Label? I remember people speaking highly of it in here and wanting to try it.

@Lamont, I didn't like the bonds when I first tried them. I came back to them and found a few that I liked. If you check basenotes, fragrantita, or YouTube, you'll find the same bonds on many of those top ten lists. Was only trying not to discourage him from trying again. Nothing negative or attacking in my post.

Just got DHI in (thank you @Baise tonCanape).

Smells great but almost dead on to Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille 
laugh.gif

@Lamont, I didn't like the bonds when I first tried them. I came back to them and found a few that I liked. If you check basenotes, fragrantita, or YouTube, you'll find the same bonds on many of those top ten lists. Was only trying not to discourage him from trying again. Nothing negative or attacking in my post.
you're probably right. 

One I definitely like I may not have mentioned is fire island. Even though it doesn't smell "expensive" to me, I do like the sun screen vibe it gives off a lot.

Shouts to NSJ for the HTTP bottle and some juice.

Lamont, we're on the same page, but I think it stems from beginners in the game being 'suaded to go the Bond no. 9, Creed route as their introductory to niche. Just take a look at fragrantica, basenotes, youtube, Facebook groups, etc.. I think Robes08, who is "proclaimed" the GURU will still to this day recommend Creed/Bond9 to anyone trying to get into niche. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, I think that those two are the most easily and accessible brands out there (throw Tom Ford in there) in the niche/disigner market. Why would I or anyone else recommend Parfums de Marly, Guerlan, Nasomato, Atelier Cologne, to anyone right off the bat, a little over a year ago those were completely obscure brands to me so I know that feels, I shyed away from them simply because they weren't HYPED up and Aventus, Green Irish Tweed, and Bond9 as a brand were.

Creed, other than their sketchy adverts and history is pure quality, Tom Ford,  hats off to him, because if I had the loot, I'd own 90% of what he creates in the private blend, prices are shhhh tho. Now for Bondno9, I wouldn't pay half off their retail prices for anything other than Andy Warhol w/ face, to me, they create their scents as a marketing game/scheme and less an art or extension of perfumery. It seems as tho, they use minimum alcohol and say "smell this!" in the malls, "you see how it doesn't smell synthetic and more quality than Sephora and dept. store perfumes, our perfumes come with better, natural ingredients" Right... doesn't mean better ingredients, you just don't dillute them to the point that mass produced offerings in Sephora are.

It's easy to fall into those traps, add when you have your favorite rapper/athlete IGing pictures of their Bond9 collections saying "You ain't got these, I smell better than you, $350 for a bottle of cologne" lol

Not everyone is going to do it, because most are just trying to replace their bottle of Fierce, L'homme, Polo black, ect, but venture out from the annoying  Creed/Bond9 counters in Saks Fifth and the likes.
Yeah fair enough. You make a number of good points, the best of which being is that it and creed are the most accessible of the higher end brands. Especially if you don't live a larger city.

Also if someone was looking to replace a bottle of fierce (pretty sure that's the worst cologne ever, if only because of the aggressive sprays a+f use. Ruins malls), a bond would be a significant step up, there's no denying that. 

I really like the andy warhol you mentioned. Probably one of the best bonds overall. That's worth the money, I'll definitely concede that.

Last edited:
Big Lots seems to be a waste of time looking for frags. Went to one, they didnt even have anything. Another only sold this Chinese company that copies popular frags. Ross and Marshalls are hit or miss with Marshalls(at least in my area) having the best selection. Did manage to get Beckham signature for $13 tonight which is what I've been looking for per recommendations in here.

Was tempted to cop Quorom. Anyone here every try it?

Are there any other places similar to these that sell frags?

Last edited:
Big Lots seems to be a waste of time looking for frags. Went to one, they didnt even have anything. Another only sold this Chinese company that copies popular frags. Ross and Marshalls are hit or miss with Marshalls(at least in my area) having the best selection. Did manage to get Beckham signature for $13 tonight which is what I've been looking for per recommendations in here.

Was tempted to cop Quorom. Anyone here every try it?

Are there any other places similar to these that sell frags?
I used to love Quorum back in the day. I haven't tried it in a bunch of years, don't really know what it smells like now. I do remember getting compliments. Another oldie was Musk for Men I used to borrow from my gramps :lol:

props to @UNIQUEKICKZ for hooking it up with some Bleecker st out of his personal collection. and also for throwing that atelier sample in there. much appreciated man! :pimp:

Anyone seen any deals or splits for tom ford tuscan leather or noir de noir? Tested them at neimans and loved them.

Back
Top Bottom