Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Anybody have this and care to give their opinion on it ? was thinking about scooping this up... seen it for $46 and some change
Its a Gourmand(food, chocolate, vanilla type notes) fragrance.  The opening can be a little harsh to some(there's a slight tar note) but they have dialed the opening back quite a bit lately.  The drydown is where this really shines.  Ladies love it.  Good Winter fragrance, projects well, lasts a long time. Wouldnt rock in spring/summer as it is can get strong.  Definitely sample first before you buy. As Trav T said, its not for everyone.

Last edited:
Just picked up Creed Pure White...
pimp.gif
Please give us a review, mainly on longevity and projection, because the scent alone is one of the most pleasant things I've ever smelled.

shouldn't you have a round up of da best from da 2011 thread before this thread gets any bigger?
Designer:

Acqua di Gio

Viktor & Roth- Spice Bomb

Paco Rabane- 1 million

Dolce & Gabana- The One

Prada- Amber/Intense

Thierry Mugler A*Men, Pure series/Malt, Havane, Leather, Coffee

Bleu de Chanel

Chanel- Allure/Homme, sport, blanche, extreme

Chanel- Egoiste/Plat Egoiste

Dior-Homme/sport, intense

Dior- Farenheit

Versace- The Dreamer, Pour Homme

Yves Saint Laurent- L'homme, La Nuit de L'Homme

Issey Miyake- l'eau D'issey

L'instant de Guerlain- extreme

Van Cleef & Arpels - Midnight in Paris

Hanae Mori- HM

anyone could add to it..

Anybody have this and care to give their opinion on it ? was thinking about scooping this up... seen it for $46 and some change
View media item 223352

Too chocolaty and sweet for me, but a lot of guys really like it. You should go to Macy's and test it first. It's definitely a love or hate kind of cologne, IMO. If you like Givenchy Play Intense, you'll probably like this one.

Yeah no matter how many times i sample it in macy's, it's a hate.

Designer:
Acqua di Gio
Viktor & Roth- Spice Bomb
Paco Rabane- 1 million

Dolce & Gabana- The One
Prada- Amber/Intense
Thierry Mugler A*Men, Pure series/Malt, Havane, Leather, Coffee
Bleu de Chanel
Chanel- Allure/Homme, sport, blanche, extreme
Chanel- Egoiste/Plat Egoiste
Dior-Homme/sport, intense
Dior- Farenheit
Versace- The Dreamer, Pour Homme
Yves Saint Laurent- L'homme, La Nuit de L'Homme
Issey Miyake- l'eau D'issey
L'instant de Guerlain- extreme
Van Cleef & Arpels - Midnight in Paris

Hanae Mori- HM

anyone could add to it..

I would say Terre D'Hermes as well.

I got a sample of Hermes and that ish is crazy.. That's my next purchase, sorry guilty.

I dislike every Hermes that I've tried..

But Terre d'Hermes deserves to be on the list people love it..

Been wanting to pull the trigger on Green Irish Tweed and Aventus, GiT can be had for cheap new/used, but I absolutely don't like the smoky batch of Aventus.. Which is making me burn through my samples real quick.

I dislike every Hermes that I've tried..

But Terre d'Hermes deserves to be on the list people love it..

Been wanting to pull the trigger on Green Irish Tweed and Aventus, GiT can be had for cheap new/used, but I absolutely don't like the smoky batch of Aventus.. Which is making me burn through my samples real quick.

If you find a great deal on GiT lemme know, i need to re-up.

Perfumania Pre-Valentines Sale

25% off use code VDAY25

$10 off $50 use code SAVE10

Codes stack, so you can get a pretty decent deal.  Copping that Varvatos Artisan for $49.  
pimp.gif
Repped. good looks about to go grab something right now

Last edited:
25% off fragrances at CVS, extra 30% off over 50 bucks with YOURDEAL. Not a huge selection, but good.

Ended up getting The one and L'homme for 62 bucks. Not bad.

Last edited:
Hmmm...

I have a few that I use, but if I want to capitalize on that perfumania deal, what would be one to recommend? My current ones are:

Spice Bomb
Blue de Chanel
Yves Saint Laurent- L'homme
Lacoste Red
Vera Wang Men (Christmas Gift)
Unforgivable (Small gift set bottle)

I was looking at Gucci Guilty, but I see a few do not like it too much. I smelled some of the Givenchy colognes over the weekend, and the only one I liked was the Pour Homme Blue (the rest were :x to me). So far, you guys have been spot on with the recommendations because I got the Spice Bomb and YSL after reading them here and then trying them out in store. Figure I will try for another one with you guys help...

Hmmm...

I have a few that I use, but if I want to capitalize on that perfumania deal, what would be one to recommend? My current ones are:

Spice Bomb
Blue de Chanel
Yves Saint Laurent- L'homme
Lacoste Red
Vera Wang Men (Christmas Gift)
Unforgivable (Small gift set bottle)

I was looking at Gucci Guilty, but I see a few do not like it too much. I smelled some of the Givenchy colognes over the weekend, and the only one I liked was the Pour Homme Blue (the rest were
sick.gif
to me). So far, you guys have been spot on with the recommendations because I got the Spice Bomb and YSL after reading them here and then trying them out in store. Figure I will try for another one with you guys help...
You gotta work your self out of them scents, slowly.. Something between upper designer to niche quality (not Gucci Intense) or just look up some cheap gems where you could grab 3-4 classic frags for under $100.

stilln- Dior Homme Intense is enough for me at night and going out, I know most people swap for the DH during the day, but i would rather switch it up completely.

I remember when I started one of the first of these cologne threads, good to see it's still going strong. Picked up Bleu de Chanel for Christmas, yikes does that smell good. Spicebomb is next.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom