Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

nice pics fellas :smokin

So i need gift ideas for my daughter for Christmas. ANyone wanna share me their top 5 or top 3 toys that they recommend.

As much as i love my daughter, this is why i need a boy :smh:

Being that my daughter just turned 11, her gift list is usually short.

Bday, she got her party which cost us over $700.
Beats headphones
Clothes
Hoverboard

She came strong with her holiday list:

Mac Book Pro or Air
Apple Watch

Mind you she's only 11 :lol:

:rofl: wayniac211 wayniac211 , you my man 100 grand but c'mon son. You were expecting something like Apocalypto from a disney cartoon? :rolleyes :tongue: :lol:

Beautiful family though. Why does lil man on the right look pissed? He just get yelled at to get in the pic? :lol:

At my rep limit, but will hand some out when it expires.

lucho lucho , your baby girl looks adorably precious. You're going to have to watch out for the fellas. >: :lol:

Can't believe my son will be 13 next month. Imma have a teenager. :x He's a great kid though, growning up to be a good dude. In 7th grade now & 5th straight quarter on the honor roll.

First day of kindergarten to first day of 7th grade.

View media item 2243575
Joined a new club/travel team this year. First time playing striker. Didn't do too bad considering he (the team) played up a year. Almost all of the defenders he played against wree head & shoulders taller than him. My son isn't fast but he's really really quick in short spaces. Defenders had trouble containing him because of his quick cuts & dribbling. Old dude in the pic couldn't do anything but constantly hold him....

View media item 2243577

Bro, it looks like your little guy is playing against grown men lol. He's another Freddy Adu.

Of course not Disney bruh :lol:
But my kids do know that their angry side comes from pain in the past. Always schooling them to think out the box. But they rather do the "u yo daddy son" dance :stoneface: .
And my youngest be mugging 24/7. Always standing up for himself from the elders.

Btw.. A1 avy you got there :smokin

Funny you mentioned the "angry side". Not to long ago, I explained the Korean "Han" to my son & it's state of being. We always try to expose him to his Korean & black side. He;s in 7th grade now, but before he embarked on middle school, he got accepted into a really really nice private school but even with financial aide, we just couldn't make it work. Fast forward to a couple of week's ago, he said he's glad he goes to his pubic middle school because he felt like it helped him connect to his black side. :lol: He said he felt like if he went to the private school, he would've been "white washed". Proud of him for doing so well in school. :smokin

Beats headphones
Clothes
Hoverboard

Mac Book Pro or Air
Apple Watch

Ish is indeed getting expensive.

My son wants an iPad pro 12.9 for Christmas with the apple pencil. :rolleyes

He draws/doodles/sketches alot & since he does so well in school on top of being a great kid, we had to get it for him.

Ended up getting him the 128gb one. He'll be stoked.

:rofl: wayniac211 wayniac211 , you my man 100 grand but c'mon son. You were expecting something like Apocalypto from a disney cartoon? :rolleyes :tongue: :lol:

Beautiful family though. Why does lil man on the right look pissed? He just get yelled at to get in the pic? :lol:

At my rep limit, but will hand some out when it expires.

lucho lucho , your baby girl looks adorably precious. You're going to have to watch out for the fellas. >: :lol:

Can't believe my son will be 13 next month. Imma have a teenager. :x He's a great kid though, growning up to be a good dude. In 7th grade now & 5th straight quarter on the honor roll.

First day of kindergarten to first day of 7th grade.

View media item 2243575
Joined a new club/travel team this year. First time playing striker. Didn't do too bad considering he (the team) played up a year. Almost all of the defenders he played against wree head & shoulders taller than him. My son isn't fast but he's really really quick in short spaces. Defenders had trouble containing him because of his quick cuts & dribbling. Old dude in the pic couldn't do anything but constantly hold him....

View media item 2243577

Bro, it looks like your little guy is playing against grown men lol. He's another Freddy Adu.

My son's team should be playing U13 ball now but are playing up at U14. Some of those boys are close to or 15 so they're big. :lol:

Last edited:

Beats headphones
Clothes
Hoverboard

Mac Book Pro or Air
Apple Watch

For an 11 year old, i could see why she wants those stuff. Also i learned females develop maturity faster so it can be that too. Babygirl is 3, acts like a 10 year old....

But jeez i thought i was spoiling my daughter and i see ur list and i cant even compete :lol:

Man I dared to ask my parents/grandparents for anything.

I think my dad got me one expensive thing... a STOLEN Nintendo
roll.gif

Last edited:
Lol you and your wife look like kids too. Had to double look.
Me and my old lady not in the pic :lol:
Funny you mentioned the "angry side". Not to long ago, I explained the Korean "Han" to my son & it's state of being. We always try to expose him to his Korean & black side. He;s in 7th grade now, but before he embarked on middle school, he got accepted into a really really nice private school but even with financial aide, we just couldn't make it work. Fast forward to a couple of week's ago, he said he's glad he goes to his pubic middle school because he felt like it helped him connect to his black side. :lol: He said he felt like if he went to the private school, he would've been "white washed". Proud of him for doing so well in school.
that's what's up. Sucks regarding higher edu and how politics tie into it. But that's another convo. Bout to send my eldest son to his gramps next september back in the islands. Get him some third world exposure/appreciation.
Man I dared to ask my parents/grandparents for anything.

I think my dad got me one expensive thing... a STOLEN Nintendo :rofl:  
:lol:.. my first bike was a tight *** mongoose from the liquor store parking lot. Til this day my pops still shakes his head towards my love for sneakers. Always saying "stupid toofbrush **** shoes" :lol:

Congrats @jrp44  !!

Anyone in here doing the elf on the shelf this year? This is our first year. It's pretty funny but finding a different spot until Christmas will be challenging.

My kid is bout to turn 2 and he usually gets his DHA vitamins from them enfagrow toddler milks but I kinda wanna start pulling him away from that. He's just not feelin it as much since he started drinking real milk
laugh.gif

What vitamins are y'all giving your kids? Not really trying to go through a bunch of experiments cause they're hella expensive
laugh.gif
I need to know the same thing. My daughter is going back to only really wanting milk. She eats a lil bit of food but eventually she wants some milk and won't eat anything other than chips. I recently got some lil snacks for my 6 month old from Gerber and she likes those so I'll prob try to get some snacks from them so I know she's getting some kind of nutrition
They said the same thing about my boy. He was always on the move but would always be camera shy.

Keep positive vibes especially wit your girl, shes under the most stress.

Side note- i think this is the best place to ask.

Would yall take a job, not a job offer, but take a open job with a 100% chance of hiring in the oil field 3-5 hrs away full time, workin 60+ hrs a week in an oil field town?

With the opportunity to see your wife and kid on an off weekend?

Im thinkin bout it only cuz im tryna build a more secure financial foundation.

My son is 1.

I will be missing out on a lot.

My girl has a good paying job.

Mine is decent compared to hers.
I couldn't do it. I have talked to more than enough people at my job who worked in oil who were either laid off temp or laid off entirely when them gas prices dropped. Or even guys who were not getting paid cause they were on strike. It's good money but if you have young kids (I'd say younger than 8) I wouldn't. There's so much that will be missed and they may not even understand why you're gone.

But as stated before, if it's between me being here everyday and us starving and me "visiting" and we eatin' good, babies daddy'll be back, he's gotta get this work.

I need to know the same thing. My daughter is going back to only really wanting milk. She eats a lil bit of food but eventually she wants some milk and won't eat anything other than chips. I recently got some lil snacks for my 6 month old from Gerber and she likes those so I'll prob try to get some snacks from them so I know she's getting some kind of nutrition

I couldn't do it. I have talked to more than enough people at my job who worked in oil who were either laid off temp or laid off entirely when them gas prices dropped. Or even guys who were not getting paid cause they were on strike. It's good money but if you have young kids (I'd say younger than 8) I wouldn't. There's so much that will be missed and they may not even understand why you're gone.

But as stated before, if it's between me being here everyday and us starving and me "visiting" and we eatin' good, babies daddy'll be back, he's gotta get this work.

I got two kids, My son is 2 years 6months, and is picky AF. We used traditional methods to feed him. Now we have to meal prep for him every time we go out because he only likes specific finger foods.

My daughter is 6months we started using this book and I can vouch for it. My daughter loves to eat all kinds of food now.

Baby-Led Weaning:

Amazon product ASIN 161519021X

As for the taking a job where you are more away. Yeah it sucks that you won't get to play with your kid as much as you would like to, and at a young age they probably would be sad by it. But one day they'll understand why you spent so much time away and why you worked so hard. It's about the sacrifices you make to make for your kids. I guess a big part is making your child understand the purpose

Last edited:
Man they tripping with these 70 dollars school picture packages

Here's the plan I laid out to my wife, but she refused to follow it. I'm not sure for your school, but in ours we can put a deposit down on the pics. Bring them home to pick and choose, then return the ones we don't like. The plan was when the pics are at home, just scan them.. Then return them all. Those school portrait folks are making a killing off our little ones.

Congrats @jrp44  !!

Anyone in here doing the elf on the shelf this year? This is our first year. It's pretty funny but finding a different spot until Christmas will be challenging.
I hate it.  My kids will wake up EXTRA early just to find that little bastard, then be grumpy all day cuz they're tired, which leads to bad behavior and I gotta lie to them about the plastic elf watching them and sh*t.  Wife seems excited about it though...

Back
Top Bottom