Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Happy Father's Day fellas!
Lot of great photos and stories.
Being a great father is a tough job, but we're tough men :nthat:

I usually stay off NT on the weekends, so Happy belated Father's Day to all you true father's out there.

My daughter's due within the next 3-4 weeks from now so yesterday, I built the changing station, bassinet, installed the car seats and hooked up our baby washing machine. So excited!

Last edited:
Damn I'm over my rep limit.

Belated happy Fathers Day to my fellow NT pops. 
nthat.gif

Belated fathers day to NT dads.

Me and my dad went to church then had a family hang out afterwords.

Happy belated fathers day everyone. I have one on the way (later this year). Still trying to wrap my head around it lol

happy belated fathers day to yall on here... my birthday landed on fathers day, it happens every now and then...
kids picked out this thingy to keep my beer cold .. great kids :lol:

Not official yet, but we had our first major ultra sound to determine the sex of the baby. Looks like I may be a father to a baby girl.
embarassed.gif

We have to go back next week, because my wife went pee before her appt. and NO ONE told her about it. Luckily, the doctor was real cool and threw her receptionist team under the bus for not detailing the instructions when she scheduled our appt.
mad.gif

Doctor said she was 100% sure it was a girl because of three lines between the legs. But I want confirmation myself when we go back next week.

I'm excited and freaked out at the same time knowing I may be having a baby daughter. How do I prepare to raise a baby girl?!

I'm excited and freaked out at the same time knowing I may be having a baby daughter. How do I prepare to raise a baby girl?!

Congrats, homie. My baby girl is due in two weeks and everything's just starting to hit me now. I lost my collectible room to her, but after having all of her furniture set up this past week, I teared just thinking about everything yesterday and how my wife and I's lives are about to change any day now.

But like Chris Rock said, you have one job...keep her off a stripper pole, or WSHH nowadays :lol:

Congrats Fozz Fozz ! You & your wife will be fine with your baby girl. You'll figure it out & she'll be daddy's lil girl in no time...

Congrats, homie. My baby girl is due in two weeks and everything's just starting to hit me now. I lost my collectible room to her, but after having all of her furniture set up this past week, I teared just thinking about everything yesterday and how my wife and I's lives are about to change any day now.

But like Chris Rock said, you have one job...keep her off a stripper pole, or WSHH nowadays
laugh.gif
Thanks, bro. It didn't help that we watched Inside Out after the appointment too. Straight up made me think of how my relationship with my daughter will be.
Congrats @Fozzy Badfeet! You & your wife will be fine with your baby girl. You'll figure it out & she'll be daddy's lil girl in no time...
I'm shocked because I grew up in a family with all boys and only one girl cousin...and also have a nephew lol. I just thought we'd have a boy too. But either way, I'm really excited.

Time is moving fast...4 months away!

Time is moving fast...4 months away!

Ha, ha, you think time is rolling fast now? Wait until the baby get's here. She'll be 11 moving up from elementary school before you know it. :lol:

I still can't believe my son is 11 going into 6th grade. He's been my hangout partner... We've been to so many movies this year. 'Bout to finally see Jurassic World tomorrow with him but gonna hit 5 & Below's candy isle tonight in advance & cop a ton of candy for tomorrow's flick.

But like Chris Rock said, you have one job...keep her off a stripper pole, or WSHH nowadays :lol:

Update: Officially official. We are having a baby girl. :pimp:

hahahahaha both yall F---'d. I got 2 girls myself, 3 mo and 2 yrs old.

Me and my boys were talkin bout it the other day. One of em has a 2 yr old daughter like me, and the other dude's wife is pregnant with his first kid (boy). Father to be was lamenting the fact that he was having a boy instead of a girl. At first we thought it was a bit weird, as most men want to have a son to pass on their family name and what not. But as he started to explain his reasoning, it made sense.

All of us grew up in fairly strict Asian households (meaning we got our *** beat by our pops growing up). Thats the way we were raised, and quite frankly thats the way we expected to raise our kids. Hell we all turned out pretty good being raised with an iron fist. But when it comes to girls, its a different ballgame man. I'd beat the piss out of my son if he got out of pocket (if i had a son) but how am I gonna do that to my little girl? Man I can't even get mad at my girls for any reason. They just shoot me that look, and I break. My wife gets PISSED at me because she's all about united front, but i'm like "LOOK AT THAT FACE! HOW CAN I BE MAD AT THAT FACE?"

Its scary. My oldest is barely 2 yrs old and she already know she won. I'm an embarrassment. My 2 yr old got her dad on lock down. She tells me jump, I ask her how high. There isnt anything in the world I wouldnt do for my girls.

Me and my boys were talkin bout it the other day. One of em has a 2 yr old daughter like me, and the other dude's wife is pregnant with his first kid (boy). Father to be was lamenting the fact that he was having a boy instead of a girl. At first we thought it was a bit weird, as most men want to have a son to pass on their family name and what not. But as he started to explain his reasoning, it made sense.

All of us grew up in fairly strict Asian households (meaning we got our *** beat by our pops growing up). Thats the way we were raised, and quite frankly thats the way we expected to raise our kids. Hell we all turned out pretty good being raised with an iron fist. But when it comes to girls, its a different ballgame man. I'd beat the piss out of my son if he got out of pocket (if i had a son) but how am I gonna do that to my little girl? Man I can't even get mad at my girls for any reason. They just shoot me that look, and I break. My wife gets PISSED at me because she's all about united front, but i'm like "LOOK AT THAT FACE! HOW CAN I BE MAD AT THAT FACE?"

Its scary. My oldest is barely 2 yrs old and she already know she won. I'm an embarrassment. My 2 yr old got her dad on lock down. She tells me jump, I ask her how high. There isnt anything in the world I wouldnt do for my girls.
See that's the thing. Growing up with all brothers made me prefer to have a baby boy. But when they confirmed I was having a girl...I was SHOOK. lol. I know nothing of how to raise a baby girl. Its crazy. But I'm excited and ready (not really) for all the challenges LOL.

But like Chris Rock said, you have one job...keep her off a stripper pole, or WSHH nowadays
laugh.gif

Update: Officially official. We are having a baby girl.
pimp.gif

haha.....I'm the same way....my daughter knows she got me (she's 3). 

^ im sure youll be fine brother.

I'm the middle of 3 boys and then we have a baby sister who was born several years after my youngest brother. I kinda grew up the same way. It was always the 3 boys, and then here is baby sister. I always thought I wanted my kids to be sons. Hell, when my wife and I went through our pre-marital counseling, one of the things we had to do was this stupid questionaire. One of the questions was "describe your ideal child". My wife wrote stuff like, healthy, happy, loving, etc... etc... I wrote 3 letters. B-O-Y.

All that being said, I wouldnt trade it for anything. You'll get the hang of it. I'm sure your wife will help too hahaha. I'm still mastering the art of playing pretend, singing songs, and dressing up the dolls but its all good. I still do a lot of "boy" stuff with my daughter too like showing her how to shoot a double leg takedown and play wrestling (although she and my wife do not appreciate when I get her in a triangle choke).

Back
Top Bottom