:::[Official] Oakland Raiders 2010 Offseason Thread::: Report: Justin Fargas Cut!!!!!

[h1]Raiders sign RB Rock Cartwright[/h1] The Associated Press
Published: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 7:24 p.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 7:24 p.m.

ALAMEDA, Calif. - The Oakland Raiders have signed free agent running back Rock Cartwright to a contract.

The move announced Wednesday gives Oakland needed depth. Cartwrightcan play halfback, fullback and return kicks. The Raiders cut halfbackJustin Fargas last month and are thin at fullback.

Cartwright ranfor 228 yards on 64 carries last season. He also averaged 22.3 yardsper kickoff return. He has 889 yards rushing in eight seasons. He hasscored nine career touchdowns.

Looks like we've turned the corner on a bad chapter in our history, Raider Nation.

I'm stoked for this season, moreso than I've been since the offseason we got Randy and LaMont Jordan. We honestly should expect a respectable performance from the team THIS season, no more waiting for the future.

nerd.gif

I said I had a good feeling before last season started and was dead wrong but man I really feel good about this upcoming season especially since we got rid of JaMarcus Russell's negative energy, Al Davis did some good things this off season, I really think he is letting other people do their jobs finally because I don't think he wants to die losing games his way, I think he wants to really win before he dies and go out on top.
pimp.gif

So, since this thread isn't that active I thought I'd try and spark some life in this @%!*+.
laugh.gif

Who do you guys think is gonna make the team out of the rookies this yr?

So, IMO here are the dudes who're gonna make the team this year
TheOakland Raiders rookies had their first chance to show what they can do at the recently concluded mandatory minicamp. The early buzz had been almost universally positive about the Raiders draft. their early picks did not disappoint during minicamp.

Houston_d_line_me.jpg

Insert photo caption or credit here

Rolando McClain:

McClain was selected to be a vocal leader, and he has been seen making adjustments on the defensive alignments during the drills. He also has an aggressive streak.

Lamarr Houston:

So far, Houston has looked to be not only a strong leader, he has also shown a mean streak that has been missing from the Raiders defense for quite some time. In one sequence he had a mock sack and on the next play was blocked out of his helmet and jersey and just kept going. He also got in an altercation with offensive tackle Langston Walker. He went right at the biggest man on the offense as if to say, "I'm here don't mess with me."

Jared Veldheer:

Veldheer is big. It is hard to get a clear idea because it was a noncontact camp, but it looks like he has a way to go.

Bruce Campbell:

Campbell looks like he is chiseled out of granite. He is adjusting on making the move inside from tackle to guard. Can't tell too much with it being a noncontact camp.

Jacoby Ford:

Ford had better hands than Darrius Heyward-Bey's rookie minicamp. He showed his speed clearly. He finished camp with a long catch and run for a simulated touchdown. He beat the defense to the outside, and they could not run him down.

Walter McFadden:

McFadden was beaten a few times, but didn't really make an impression

i think the raiders value speed wayyyy too much to cut Walter Mcfadden or Jacoby Ford, and I think we need o-lineman so badly that we're not gunna part ways with campbell or Veldheer.
As for lamarr & rolando, they'll obviously make the team no matter how they perform.your thoughts?

Jacoby is going to stay because Johnny Lee-Higgins can't get over Week 1 of last year.

McFadden might stay, just because we're short on corners, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go.

Everyone else is staying, guaranteed. At worse, they've not had no negative press. At best, McClain is giving us some positive feedback from the media with his immediate command of the line.

This is kinda corny but whatever. Im starting to feel like we are getting guys that know the Raider tradition and you know proud to be a Raider. We're done bringing in big money free agent busts, and Jamarcus' negative non caring $!! attitude isnt an issue anymore. We're getting veteran leadership from guys that have been career long Raiders like Nnamdi. If you think about all the great Raiders teams we always had veteran Raiders on the squad not just some over paid free agent. Hopefully the Cable guy can get us atleast 7 wins so he can stick around.

i haven't been this happy with my team in a while. getting rid of bums, signing position needs, overall not making stupid and unprofessional choices.

can't wait for the season to start. us fellow raider fans may have something to look forward to come september.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Has anyone seen Jacoby Ford in college? I know he's more of a speedster but is he at least a better prospect then DHB?

Originally Posted by 7 sh0wTime 7

Has anyone seen Jacoby Ford in college? I know he's more of a speedster but is he at least a better prospect then DHB?
I read that he looked better than DHB did in mini camp.
laugh.gif
 So yes he is a better prospect than DHB at WR.

As for his return skills, they are superior to any other player on the Raiders right now, so as an overall prospect he's a lock to make the team.

BTW, I found this awesome site for 24/7 Raider news.

http://www.sbreport.net/

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

This is kinda corny but whatever. Im starting to feel like we are getting guys that know the Raider tradition and you know proud to be a Raider. We're done bringing in big money free agent busts, and Jamarcus' negative non caring $!! attitude isnt an issue anymore. We're getting veteran leadership from guys that have been career long Raiders like Nnamdi. If you think about all the great Raiders teams we always had veteran Raiders on the squad not just some over paid free agent. Hopefully the Cable guy can get us atleast 7 wins so he can stick around.
I feel the same way.  It's only been a few weeks but I love what I've heard about Lamaar and Rolando.  Especially Lamaar, this dude out there pissing off veterans going too hard. I love that kinda *++!.

I really think last year was the year we turned the corner, by virtue of Cable and guys like Nnamdi.  I said it back then and I'll say it again now, when I left the Coliseum on opening night, I hadn't felt that good walking away from a game on opening day in six years, despite the L. Unfortunately JR seriously hampered any shots we had at a respectable season while he was starting but we're past that and we are truly on the rebound now.

I wouldn't be surprised if all our picks make the 52 man roster.  Jacoby Ford will be immediately competing for the 3rd/slot WR spot simply because we're just not that deep there.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Especially Lamaar, this dude out there pissing off veterans going too hard. I love that kinda *++!.
I hated fools like these when I played in HS
Damn practice heroes trying to brown nose the coaches
grin.gif

It's all good if he's doing this on the Raiders though, I can appreciate that.
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom