*** OFFICIAL ONLY BUILT 4 CUBAN LINX 2 THREAD ***

One of the albums I've been anticipating all year. That House of Flying Daggars joint is something serious

Hopefully those Dre tracks aren't cut. It seems like anything reported having to do with Dre becomes a pipe dream, even though he kept this on thebackburner for s long.

NaS on it would have been the topping on the cake, but hey you can't get everything you want... see SpaceJam release!

Rae said he was tryna get Nas on the album....I mean, they on the same damn tour. That would be some ho @!$% if Nas got on some bullshhh...

A must cop for me. I won't have my hopes up too high, but I'm quite sure that this one will deliver.

Nice to see some Dilla production on this...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm so hyped for this album. Rae has really been a beast as of late and I feel he would never let this album be a disappointment.

I'm not even going to listen to House of Flying Daggers until I cop the album, I want to hear it all at once.

Oh and I don't think that's the real album cover either.

Some info on the album:
http://blog.hiphop.de/spit-tv/45636/
http://blog.hiphop.de/spit-tv/45636/
this hiphop journalist from Germany just listened to the album and this is what he had 2say:

the album is FULL of shaolin vocals from kung-fu movies

the whole vibe of the album is pure Wu-Tang 96' style, but theres also a couple of tracks that are kinda 'untypical'

House of flying daggers sounds like a RZA beat, but RZAs 'Godfather' track sounds like a Dre beat

Dre's '@!++% Me' track will not be on the album because Dre wasnt satisfied with his beat (! lol), this was the sample of the track

that other Dre track 'Catalina' is boring

Pete Rocks 'Sonny's Missing' is AMAZING! it sounds like a real oldskool pete song but at the same time got that real WU feeling

Marley Marls 'Pyrex Vision' is just a 90 seconds LOOP

Scram Jones ''Walk With Me'' sounds like hes trying to imitate Just Blazes beat on Jay-z's Blueprint album

another Scram Jones track samples a high-pitched Elton John voice

GZAs son got a Pete Rock sounding beat but they're !$+#+%% SINGING Queens 'We Will Rock You' on the track, only highlight of the song is Slick Rick

with the exception of the tracks mentioned above: the rest of the album sounds as hardbody Wu-Tang as possible, u wouldnt even notice that theres a 15year gap between the first CL and this 1

lyrically RAE is the same as in 95'

Only correction is that Rae said on his twitter that _ Me will be on the album.

Here's the possible tracks as well:
1. "Return To The North Star" (featuring Poppa Wu) BT
2. "House Of Flying Daggers" (featuring Inspectah Deck, Ghostface Killah, Method Man, GZA) J. Dilla
3. "Sonny's Missing" Pete Rock
4. "Pyrex Vision" Marley Marl
5. "Cold Outside" (featuring Ghostface Killah, Suga Bang Bang) ATL
6. "Godfather" (featuring Inspectah Deck) RZA
7. "New Wu" (featuring Ghostface Killah, Method Man) RZA
8. "Penitentiary" (featuring Ghostface Killah) BT
9. "Criminology 09" (featuring Ghostface Killah) BT, RZA
10. "Fat Lady Sings" RZA
11. "Canal Street"
12. "10 Bricks" (featuring Cappadonna, Ghostface Killah) J. Dilla
13. "G-hide" (featuring Ghostface Killah) Necro
14. "Rockstar" (featuring Inspectah Deck, GZA) RZA
15. "Catalina" (featuring Busta Rhymes) Dr. Dre
16. "40 Deuce" (featuring Jadakiss, Styles P) Scram Jones
17. "Walk With Me" Scram Jones
18. "We Will Rob You" (featuring GZA, Masta Killa, Slick Rick) Allah Justice
19. "Have Mercy" (featuring Beanie Sigel)
20. "Surgical Gloves" The Alchemist
21. "@!++% Me" Dr. Dre
22. "Mean Streets" (featuring Inspectah Deck) Allah Mathematics
23. "Kiss the Ring" (featuring Inspectah Deck, Masta Killa) Scram Jones
24. "Ason Jones" J. Dilla

BEYOND hyped for this release, the only album I was lookin' forward to in '09. Been waiting for this for 4 years, but it takes time to make classicmusic.

Just checked the snippets out.

Not like the first, but CLEARLY will be the most complete album of the year.

Back
Top Bottom