Official Orlando Magic Season Thread Vol. 58-23 Offically 2nd Best Record in the L!!!!

Hell no.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
Best record??

I didn't know the Lakers aren't in the league anymore.

Someone who admitted that they quit on their team and gave minimal effort after signing a big contract and did everything possible to get traded from theirteam doesn't deserve to ever be mvp.

It can happen. But the NBA uses the MVP award to market players. They don't give it to the person that rightfully deserves it that year

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

laugh.gif
Best record??

Someone who admitted that they quit on their team and gave minimal effort after signing a big contract and did everything possible to get traded from their team doesn't deserve to ever be mvp.
the magic do have the best record rght now tied with atl and thats counting Rashards 10 game suspension, 4 game absense by VC, Bass and Pietruswith the Flu, 2 missed games by Meercat........we are the deepest team team in the league

Not a chance.

Dwight would bring home the MVP for that team. He was 4th last year in votes behind Lebron, Kobe, and Wade.

Even if the Magic finish with top record in the league, Dwight will be the leading rebounder, shot blocker, FG%, and could certainly be the leading scorer. Hewould win it over Vince easily. Now if they win the championship, Vince getting the Finals MVP is much more likely.

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

laugh.gif
Best record??

Someone who admitted that they quit on their team and gave minimal effort after signing a big contract and did everything possible to get traded from their team doesn't deserve to ever be mvp.
the magic do have the best record rght now tied with atl and thats counting Rashards 10 game suspension, 4 game absense by VC, Bass and Pietrus with the Flu, 2 missed games by Meercat........we are the deepest team team in the league
their deep don't get me wrong but if anyone on the team were to get mvp it would be dwight. i like orlando though even though i'm alaker fan i like a lot of the guys they have on that team. out of the top three teams in the east i think they would be the toughest match up since theiryoung, deep, and got a taste of the finals stage and probably want more.

while i have my opinion on vince carter though off of what went down at the end of his time in toronto, i think he's a good fit for orlando and will do agood job with them, i don't know about mvp though.

I love VC as much as the next guy, but:

Since when does 18.7 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 2.2 APG @ 41.2%(his 2nd worst shooting percentage ever) equate to MVP even if they Magic have the best record?

He wins MVP if the Magic have a top Record and he ups his numbers to something like his 3rd year in NJ ( 25.2 PPG, 6.0 RPG, 4.8 APG @ 45.4%), otherwise hell no

1. It's "most likely" that the Magic will finish with the best record in the league? Really? It's a longgggg season, and a number of teamscould finish with the best record.

2. Vince is not even remotely close to being in the (early) MVP race right now. He's not in the top 20 in ANY STATISTICAL CATEGORY other than free throwpercentage.

Originally Posted by blaxoid

I love VC as much as the next guy, but:

Since when does 18.7 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 2.2 APG @ 41.2%(his 2nd worst shooting percentage ever) equate to MVP even if they Magic have the best record?

He wins MVP if the Magic have a top Record and he ups his numbers to something like his 3rd year in NJ ( 25.2 PPG, 6.0 RPG, 4.8 APG @ 45.4%), otherwise hell no
the percentages are going up (career 45%) and Stan has announced to give VC the green light ever since the start of the boston game so his numbersare definitely goin up his last 2 games (25,7,4)

Again, it's certainly possible, but highly unlikely. If those numbers go up, which won't be a certainty, especially considering the Magic are winningwithout those numbers from Vince, THEN it's a topic of discussion with some merit.

Nothing has really stopped VC from having the green light right now anyway. His assists should be much higher right now, he doesn't drive enough when hehas the ball, he could become more aggressive on a daily basis, but the team really doesn't need it.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Again, it's certainly possible, but highly unlikely. If those numbers go up, which won't be a certainty, especially considering the Magic are winning without those numbers from Vince, THEN it's a topic of discussion with some merit.

Nothing has really stopped VC from having the green light right now anyway. His assists should be much higher right now, he doesn't drive enough when he has the ball, he could become more aggressive on a daily basis, but the team really doesn't need it.
I feel you.......VC has been a 5 assist per game type player the last 5 years but Stan hasnt started doing high pick n rolls until recently whichis why his assists are down

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

would VC finally get his well deserved MVP votes after a 11 year wait.?? lets be honest here Dwight impacts the team the most cause of his defense but IT IS EVIDENT IN THE LAST 3 GAMES that VC is the one that seals the game and the WIN for them.

OKC (clutch 3)
Boston (bucket after boston timeout, another and 1 after boston timeout, post up fadeaway on pierce to seal the win after timeout) friggin ridiculous, 3 timeouts by boston and 3 buckets by VC
Raps (hits 2 free throws and then daggers a game winner with 33 secs left)

My boy is CLUTCH

So at the end of the season hes the leading scorer of the best team in the NBA.........wouldnt that make him MVP ?
bro i think you gettin too hype about these past couple of games...

it's waaay too early in the season for you to determine we'll most likely have the best record in the league...

vince is clutch...but i highly doubt he'll get mvp consideration and if anyone on the team were to get the award it would be dwight...no questions asked

and vince knows his role on the team...and it isnt to gain personal accolades

Back
Top Bottom