Official OVO x JB Thread

or even worse, when your vending at a sneakershow and someone walks up and starts negotiating and talking about the price of one of my shoes than at the end of it says thanks im just trying to see what i should price my pair at. Or I'll think about it or yeah let me go get my wallet and you never see them again. 

The worst I have seen is I met 2 different dudes who show up and are twice as big as me and unDS the shoe that I need to unload and try it on to see if it fits . Luckily it has but those moments are intense . And they unDS the shoe faster than the words "no" can come out because I am frozen from shock .

FAMILY IM IN RALEIGH, REP THE 919 
roll.gif

At 410 id buy them all day, don't even know how it's a question. There's lowball and then there's fugazi pricing, that right there sounds fugazi to me

Done venmo to split a check with friends when out ... Not sure I would use it outside of the circle. It works but very few structures in place in case the deal he's hincky.
I don't think Venmo has protection for money being sent since it's more of a service designed for friends to transfer money?  I could be wrong but if selling, I would recommend just sending a Paypal invoice.  

The days when NT had more collectors rather than kids, idiots, and "sneaker heads" are long gone SMH...

Everybody is a comedian...

You can be a collector. That's fine. I'm a collector. But still it's just shoes. And my common sense dictates that if I can't get a shoe for RETAIL..... I'm not giving nobody RESALE value for said shoe. Another shoe will drop. I am good!

Guess I'm not invested then.... Whatever that means. :lol:

We're getting off track. I can't even remember the original discussion.

In short, sometimes I have a desire for the rarer shoes. I don't always have access to them as allocation sometimes skips Cleveland. If I want the shoe, my only hope is a reseller. If I don't like their price, I'm not forced to buy. However, I thank God that I have the means to sometimes afford the hefty price tag. Doernbechers, various PE's, my size 12 OVO's, etc., these were all acquired by me with the HELP of a reseller.

It's good that you have the discipline to skip a shoe that you can't get for retail. For me, 9 times out of 10 the shoe I have my mind set on is a piece I absolutely need for my collection. I am collecting every retro 10. It would be kinda hard to complete that task without OVO's so getting these was a definite regardless of price. Again, I thank God I have the means to splurge this much on shoes.

In short, I wish you the best. Take care...

If I miss out on a release I'm able to wait on the next one, but there are some sneakers that I just love enough that I'm willing to pay resell for if I missed. For me, recently, it's been fear 5s, black Lance mountain 1s, and the black ovo 12s if they release

Wasn't too smart to buy from a re seller and then turn around and resell. It doesn't work that way :smh:

Get a load of this genius. It doesn't work like that he says. SMH. You got no clue what you're talking about, you're just rambling. Yea, it does work like that. I purchased a ton of Bred 1's for $300 days after they dropped. Before I could even snap pics of them they were out of hands at $450 a pop. I profited $1600 more or less playing middle man.

Here's another example. I'm locked in for 30 pairs of Supreme 5's (12 Camo, 12 Black, 6 White). My cost will either be $400-$450 depending on their difficulty copping the pairs. If the shoes go for $500+ which they most likely will, I cash out and go buy $4000 Oregon 4's.

Have even the slightest bit of an understanding of what you're talking about before giving your $.02...

I generally pay resell on older hard to find stuff. Almost any release nowadays I can touch multiples with ease

Get a load of this genius. It doesn't work like that he says. SMH. You got no clue what you're talking about, you're just rambling. Yea, it does work like that. I purchased a ton of Bred 1's for $300 days after they dropped. Before I could even snap pics of them they were out of hands at $450 a pop. I profited $1600 more or less playing middle man.

Here's another example. I'm locked in for 30 pairs of Supreme 5's (12 Camo, 12 Black, 6 White). My cost will either be $400-$450 depending on their difficulty copping the pairs. If the shoes go for $500+ which they most likely will, I cash out and go buy $4000 Oregon 4's.

Have even the slightest bit of an understanding of what you're talking about before giving your $.02...
you clearly saw multiple resellers taking preorders at 700-800 why would you assume the shoe would increase in value when they already being maxed out on profit on the resell market. yes you could occasionally come up on a reseller who needs the quick cash. (i purchased royal 1s for 325 look at the market now). just take the L next time dont cry on NT for your actions just move in silence. Have a nice day     

you clearly saw multiple resellers taking preorders at 700-800 why would you assume the shoe would increase in value when they already being maxed out on profit on the resell market. yes you could occasionally come up on a reseller who needs the quick cash. (i purchased royal 1s for 325 look at the market now). just take the L next time dont cry on NT for your actions just move in silence. Have a nice day     

Fragments and Yeezy's go for $1000+. Here we have one of the biggest stars of today collabing with an ACTUAL JORDAN LINE MODEL. On top of that, 20 or so stores getting them nationwide. Release SCREAMED "$1000+ shoe". I figured if I cop 6 pairs for resell and make as lil as $140 a pair, I'd cover my 2nd pair I paid $820 for. Logic was indeed on my side and I took a gamble that didn't pay off as well. It happens...

What is this "L" you're referring to? For the last time when it's all said and done I got a pair of $815 sz.12 OVO's FOR FREE! What are y'all missing? I won, there is no "L". I didn't break even. I made $815 out of all of this aka got a free pair of shoes.

You new guys are frustrating. All you want to do is argue instead of actually reading and looking at facts smh.

They weren't that limited. More available than Chicago 1s

Demand dropped because people realized they weren't the cash cow they were looking for
on Rd they were scary, only ended up winning one pair. Chicagos I had a lot more of

Also with time these ovos will go up. Almost sure in a while from now dudes are gonna be kicking themselves for not copping while prices are decent

You feeling the need to drop $4,000 on ANY SHOE ends any additional conversation from me.

:rofl:

God bless you.....

Back
Top Bottom