OFFICIAL PATRICK EWING/ EWING ATHLETICS THREAD. VOL. THEY ARE OFFICIALLY BACK!

Vote on the Ewing Model you would like to see return!

• Asphalt

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Boomer

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Concept

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Eclipse

• Extreme

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Key

• Kross

• Orion

• Prizm

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Rogue

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Street New York City

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Swatt

• Total voters
My Knicks colorway has none of the issues you mentioned. I'm happy with both pairs ..

Both pairs look good. However, it still could very well be an isolated problem, but the video I saw was from a dude who was at the initial launch release at Kith. His pair was jacked up! :x

I dunno, depending on how the reds look in person, I might go back for the Knicks colorway...don't really need another white shoe, but Ewings are not a shoe that you see everyday either.

K, your argument has derailed completely and now you're resorting to other tactics. Go back to being "done" with me boss.
Blocked. Peace.

:lol: Right.

Your comments are the only "tactic" I need. Now I'll let you go back to pretending that I was "derailed" and that you were around for the shoes original release, that you really knew what was going on at the time, and that you weren't just being general when you made all your statements good day sir.

Last edited:
The problem isn't getting into a Finishline or Footlocker its being able to fulfill their order requirements which usually costs a lot of money. Same thing for Dr. Jays and VIM which is probably why they wont be carried in those stores for now.

This seems to suggest the choice was deliberate and was made based on the scale of this initial run or how capitalized the brand is at this point, which is fine. If this is the case, then the brand's original plan of heavily leveraging their web store was absolutely bang on. At the same time, if this is the case, then it's unfortunate this plan was not emphasized and reinforced to potential customers.

I am sure for those who would like to get their hands on a pair of 33 Hi, they would rather place an order from the brand's web store and be told up front that there is a waiting period due to heavy demand than having to go through one of the usual kicks hunting routines or even having to come to the realization they may have to pay $200 for a pair on eBay.

Speaking for myself only, if I had waited 3 years (or was it 4? I know I was top 5 or 6 to respond to that original post about the brand was purchased by someone) for these awesome retros, I can wait a bit longer knowing my pair is on its way to me.

You gotta figure, between people waiting too long and canceling their order with the brand directly and the pairs being returned to retailers because they can't fetch $200+ peeps are speculating on eBay PLUS the disatisfaction people may harbor because of all these line ups/hyped prices, the former has to create a less harmful impact to the brand and it also seems a lot easier to manage with open communication - it's just better customer experience imo.

Again, I think even with resource constraints, the challenge for the brand is to manage hype and not let hype dictate how their business operates. There are always strategies that will mitigate these risks so I really hope they can recognize this and actively seek to minimize this threat.

:lol: Right.
Your comments are the only "tactic" I need. Now I'll let you go back to pretending that I was "derailed" and that you were around for the shoes original release, that you really knew what was going on at the time, and that you weren't just being general when you made all your statements good day sir.

I'm 28. Once again, wrong wrong wrong.... Hop off, Peace

This first release is the can of worms. People will buy now by just to resell. The white and orange color way is the only must for me, the reds where just a bonus. I can do without the next 2.

Can we all just get a long?! lol

Nostalgia , doesnt really matter if people hate on these back in the day, jordan knockoffs. whatever u wanna call it.

but them shoes is part of the sneaker world
nothin u can do.

for example, a lot of people loved air force ones. back in 90s- 06, a fresh pair of uptowns would make u look fresh as hell.
today , here in seattle, people would just say, " i dont really **** with forces" while at NY, " ya them **** is hot bro"
at the end of the day, there still part of the sneaker culture, history.

but seriously, no need to argue guys. lol

FYI - There were many models other than the 33-High in the Ewing line. This particular model doesn't really look all that much like a specific Nike shoe, IMO - not to the extent I'd call them a direct bite. If anything, I see influence of the Force line with the high cut and very supportive, cushy upper. The 33 High silhouette bears some similarity to the Air Force 180 Max high.and probably most directly the Air Delta Force. That said, lots of shoes in that era had similarities to those shoes - basically the entire LA Gear basketball line. ...The Reebok Blacktop pumps too, perhaps.

But, anyway, the model that did bite the Jordan line heavy was the Orion. Here's a pic of the low cut

ewing-sneakers-orion-white-black-1.jpg

...I'm not really trying to insert myself in another person's argument, but as for remembering these in person and their associated cache (or lack thereof) accurately - I'd say age 28 is borderline. I believe the 33 high came out in about '91/'92 (though I may be wrong and I'm happy to be corrected). So, do the math and draw your own conclusions...

Last edited:
Can we all just get a long?! lol
Nostalgia , doesnt really matter if people hate on these back in the day, jordan knockoffs. whatever u wanna call it.
but them shoes is part of the sneaker world
nothin u can do.
for example, a lot of people loved air force ones. back in 90s- 06, a fresh pair of uptowns would make u look fresh as hell.
today , here in seattle, people would just say, " i dont really **** with forces" while at NY, " ya them **** is hot bro"
at the end of the day, there still part of the sneaker culture, history.
but seriously, no need to argue guys. lol

All love here bro. I don't take anything on here seriously, I got my son for my stress lol.... But yeah, debate is debate, nothing personal on my end.

Last edited:
Good turn out at Undftd Las Vegas today... No funny **** went down

Anyone have any idea if we will see these anytime int he future? 

Last edited:
FYI - There were many models other than the 33-High in the Ewing line. This particular model doesn't really look all that much like a specific Nike shoe, IMO - not to the extent I'd call them a direct bite. If anything, I see influence of the Force line with the high cut and very supportive, cushy upper. The 33 High silhouette bears some similarity to the Air Force 180 Max high.and probably most directly the Air Delta Force. That said, lots of shoes in that era had similarities to those shoes - basically the entire LA Gear basketball line. ...The Reebok Blacktop pumps too, perhaps.
But, anyway, the model that did bite the Jordan line heavy was the Orion. Here's a pic of the low cut
ewing-sneakers-orion-white-black-1.jpg

...I'm not really trying to insert myself in another person's argument, but as for remembering these in person and their associated cache (or lack thereof) accurately - I'd say age 28 is borderline. I believe the 33 high came out in about '91/'92 (though I may be wrong and I'm happy to be corrected). So, do the math and draw your own conclusions...

Dear baby Jesus, I would KILL for a pair of those. I had them in high school and all my buddies used to jock them HARD. Loved those shoes!!

Peace,
J

Man It Seems Like Most People Here Copped Thru Packers ...Wonder If They Have Enough Pairs And Wont Start Canceling Orders 

Really They Take 4ever To Ship ...I Live Like 20mins From Them 

um. no. there dead in ny too.

Classics never die. Anywhere!

AF1s, Chucks, Shell Toes, AJIIIs, IVs, Vs, XIs, AM95s, Construction Timbs...

You know what are NOT classics on that level, and actually are dead though? Foams. It's like the Sixth Sense of there... they're dead (except to real OG heads), but most of those chasing them just don't know it...

Man It Seems Like Most People Here Copped Thru Packers ...Wonder If They Have Enough Pairs And Wont Start Canceling Orders 

Really They Take 4ever To Ship ...I Live Like 20mins From Them 

Nah you good homie, I ordered online but cancelled my order when I was able to purchase in the store. They had more than enough pairs in both colorways plus they had a separate inventory for the midnight online orders. Those who ordered online will get their pairs.

Back
Top Bottom