Official PC thread.

I'm not buying SimCity. I'm not supporting EA's anti-consumer practices. Pay $60 for a game that HAS to be online and the servers don't even work? And the "city" limits are just way to damn small.

Ayo! who got SIM CITY? Ive been on since release night! Orgin ID: TheadoreLoxley! As usual ive been naming my regions NIKETALK.

I'm not buying SimCity. I'm not supporting EA's anti-consumer practices. Pay $60 for a game that HAS to be online and the servers don't even work? And the "city" limits are just way to damn small.

feel the same way but it looks so good.
in about 5 years when they decide to shut down the servers & have it on sale for $10 i might bite.

:lol: I'm still going to buy it eventually. I've been looking forward to it for too long not to.
But yeah you should def check out Tomb Raider.

Finally replaced my 7 year old keyboard :nthat:

Logitech G710+

Last edited:
^yo man, you should do yourself a favor and get a better keyboard than that logitech.

www.wasdkeyboards.com offers a better product for a comparable price

that would be my primary suggestions, but there are many other brands with varying prices that can offer you a better product so you can get the best bang for your buck.

filco is expensive but very highly regarded albeit a little difficult to get in the US but can be found on www.amazon.com depending on what model you're looking for.

the CM storm quickfire rapid / pro / TK models are all good too at a lower price point which can be found on amazon, newegg and most major retailers.

the list can go on for a while, but these are just my primary suggestions.

i been in the market for a new keyboard so i been doing a lot of research recently and i just wanted to pass on some knowledge. fwiw, i most likely will be getting the WASD when i feel like the funds are ready.

^yo man, you should do yourself a favor and get a better keyboard than that logitech.

that would be my primary suggestions, but there are many other brands with varying prices that can offer you a better product so you can get the best bang for your buck.

filco is expensive but very highly regarded albeit a little difficult to get in the US but can be found on www.amazon.com depending on what model you're looking for.

the CM storm quickfire rapid / pro / TK models are all good too at a lower price point which can be found on amazon, newegg and most major retailers.

i been in the market for a new keyboard so i been doing a lot of research recently and i just wanted to pass on some knowledge. fwiw, i most likely will be getting the WASD when i feel like the funds are ready.
I know i know trust me. but I am a Logitech fan boy when it comes to mouses, so I just went with the g710+ to match. Also, it comes with everything I ask for.

Brown switches - CHECK
Backlit - CHECK
G Keys - CHECK
Dampered keys - CHECK
Media keys - CHECK

This keyboard is the quietest mechanical keyboard i ever heard. I also got it for only $100.

worst game launch in recent memory?
lulz didnt even know amazon stop selling the downloadble copy till now.

not sure if i should donate.

Last edited:

^ what switches are you planning to go with? Customizeable keyboards are :smokin

Been wanting to switch to a backlit Ducky keyboard with Mx Brown switches for quite some time now. Would be a complete waste of money, though, considering my Tt eSports Meka G1 is built like a tank, and has been great (albeit being a little stiff to my liking -a little used to it nowadays) since the day I've bought it. Backlit keys would be soooo nice, too. Sigh. :lol:

What ever happened to NT's keyboard elitist, CWrite78? :nerd:

Yeah, passing on Sim City until it goes on sale. I could wait a few more months.

Last edited:

EA Employee Chastizes Company Over SimCity in Public Letter

“To the executives at EA, from one of your employees

I am deeply embarrassed by the troubled launch of Sim City and I hope you are too. When I walk around our campus and look at the kind of talent we’ve collected, the amenities we have access to and the opportunities working at such a big company affords us, I can’t imagine how for release after release, EA continues to make the same embarrassing, anti-consumer mistakes. We should be better than this. You should not be failing us so badly.

Another thing I see when I walk around our campus are massive banners that display what are said to be our company values. They are on posters on every floor, included in company-wide emails and hanging above the cafeteria in bright colors. You even print them on our coffee mugs so we see them every day. But somehow when planning the launch of Sim City, you threw them all out the window.

Most important of the values you are ignoring is Think Consumers First. What part of the Sim City DRM scheme, which has rendered the game unplayable for hundreds of thousands of fans across the globe, demonstrates that you are thinking about consumers before you are thinking about yourselves? Does “first” mean something different in boardrooms than it does to the rest of us? Does the meaning of that word change when you get the word “executive” in front of your title?

You can’t even pretend that you didn’t know consumers would be angry about this. Common sense aside, consumers complained about this during your public betas. In fact, when one of them posted his criticisms on the forums, he was banned! You tried to silence your critics. The same thing is happening now as users write in to demand refunds. What part of this behavior aligns with our company value to Be Accountable?

What you’ve demonstrated with this launch is that our corporate management does not believe in our core values. They are for the unwashed masses, not for the important people who forced this anti-consumer DRM onto the Sim City team. This DRM scheme is not about the consumers or even about piracy. It’s about covering your own *****. It allows you to hand-wave weak sales or bad reviews and blame outside factors like pirates or server failures in the event the game struggles. You are protecting your own jobs at the expense of consumers. I think this violates the Act With Integrity value I’m looking at on my own coffee mug right now.

On behalf of your other employees, I’d like to ask you to fix this. Allow the Sim City team to patch the game to run offline. If Create Quality and Innovation is still a core value that you believe in, then this shouldn’t be a hard decision. Games that gamers can’t play because of server overload or ISP issues are NOT quality. Be Bold by giving the consumers what they want and take accountability for the mistake.

Finally I’d like to ask you to follow the last company value on the list in the future: Learn and Grow. When you made this mistake with Spore, the company and all your employees suffered for it. You didn’t learn from that mistake and you are making it again with Sim City.

So please, learn from this debacle. Don’t do this again. Grow into better leaders and actually apply our company values when you make decisions. Don’t just use them as tools to motivate your staff. With the money, talent and intellectual property available to EA, we should be leading the industry into a golden age of consumer-focused game publishing. Instead we’re the most reviled game publisher in the world. That’s your fault. Things can only change if you actually start following the company values and apply them to every title we launch.

Sincerely,

A Disappointed But Hopeful Artist at EARS”

Link
:lol: :smh:
even if its not real, the message is. :smh:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/395212/ea-halts-simcity-marketing-support/

:rofl: :smh:

Last edited:
Any of y'all been keeping up with Haswell? I'm going to go ahead and get a new motherboard and CPU when it comes out.
Wish I had the funds for a completely new build, mine is still pretty relevant today though, just my motherboard is on it's last leg and they don't make it anymore to just replace

Last edited:
havent read much on it but if its only 10% better than ivy bridge i'll just stick with my sandy i5.
perhaps i'll upgrade next year when they finally put out the crappy gta 5 port that'll require an overclocked haswell i7 just to be playable.
i hope they really upgraded the graphics for the mobile haswell chips.
-------------------

so close to selling my soul & buying simcity :smh:
sc4 just looks so :x now

Last edited:
havent read much on it but if its only 10% better than ivy bridge i'll just stick with my sandy i5.
perhaps i'll upgrade next year when they finally put out the crappy gta 5 port that'll require an overclocked haswell i7 just to be playable.
i hope they really upgraded the graphics for the mobile haswell chips.
-------------------

so close to selling my soul & buying simcity :smh:
sc4 just looks so :x now

yeah waiting for haswell for the next round of convertible ultrabooks for work. still good with my sandy for home. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom