Official PC thread.

mwuczs108jdb.jpg

This picture has just emerged at Reddit. It supposedly shows reference design of GTX 1060, a new Pascal based graphics card that is expected to hit the market shortly after Radeon RX 480.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 will most likely use GP106 GPU with at least 1280 CUDA cores. Earlier rumors suggested that GTX 1060 might get 6 GB GDDR5 memory and 192-bit memory bus.

GTX 1060 will compete with Radeon RX 480. Whether that’s a fight for the best price or the number of frames per second, we don’t know yet.

According to Benchlife, NVIDIA is planning two models, 3GB variant with GP106-300 GPU and 6GB variant with GP106-400 GPU.

Nvidia has decided to start selling its GeForce GTX 1060 products, which were originally set to launch in August, in the near future to defend from the competition

Can someone recommend me a router? Budget is around $200.
As of right now I am looking at the Linksys 1900ACS or the Netgear 1900 nighthawk.

Put together a build on pcpartpicker.com and that joint was ~$1400, didn't even include a monitor. This is gonna be hard :lol:

Might cop the 1060 for my brother if he behaves this year.

1070 is too nice... Got everything ready to go then my work week started 
mean.gif

Haven't had much time to test it but from the games i've tried it on... (Fallout 4, AC: Syndicate, Witcher 3, Skyrim) it was too nice. Max settings and stupid high FPS.

Still not use to it.

Put together a build on pcpartpicker.com and that joint was ~$1400, didn't even include a monitor. This is gonna be hard
laugh.gif
Here's an example of a redditor's build.
[table][tr][th=""]Type[/th][th=""]Item[/th][th=""]Price[/th][/tr][tr][td]CPU[/td][td]Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor[/td][td]$197.99 @ SuperBiiz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Motherboard[/td][td]MSI H110M Pro-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard[/td][td]$49.99 @ Micro Center[/td][/tr][tr][td]Memory[/td][td]Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory[/td][td]$73.99 @ Amazon[/td][/tr][tr][td]Storage[/td][td]Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive[/td][td]$92.00 @ Amazon[/td][/tr][tr][td]Storage[/td][td]Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive[/td][td]$47.49 @ OutletPC[/td][/tr][tr][td]Video Card[/td][td]Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8GB Video Card[/td][td]Purchased For $240.00[/td][/tr][tr][td]Case[/td][td]NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case[/td][td]$59.99 @ Newegg[/td][/tr][tr][td]Power Supply[/td][td]EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply[/td][td]$74.99 @ Amazon[/td][/tr][tr][td]Monitor[/td][td]Asus VX238H 23.0" Monitor[/td][td]$109.99 @ Micro Center[/td][/tr][tr][td]Keyboard[/td][td]Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse[/td][td]$19.99 @ Newegg[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][td]Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][td]Total (before mail-in rebates)[/td][td]$1006.42[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][td]Mail-in rebates[/td][td]-$40.00[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][td]Total[/td][td]$966.42[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][td]Generated by PCPartPicker2016-07-02 10:05 EDT-0400[/td][/tr][/table]

GeForce GTX 1060 announced - July 19, 6GB, $249 MSRP/$299 Founder's
DQcUXbU.jpg

For the July 19th launch, much like their higher end cards NVIDIA is going to be launching with two designs and two price points. Officially the GTX 1060 starts at $249; this will be for partner custom cards, and I expect this will be for the usual single/dual fan open air cooler designs that we saw with the GTX 960. Meanwhile at $299 NVIDIA is launching a Founders Edition card, which implements a full blower.

However this is where the similarities end. Unlike the GTX 1080/1070 launch, the 19th is a hard launch for both the GTX 1060FE and for partner custom cards, and NVIDIA is expecting the bulk of the cards sold to be these custom cards. In this sense the GTX 1060 launch is more akin to the GTX 960 launch, as NVIDIA has more often than not opted to pass on producing reference cards for their mainstream cards.

In fact NVIDIA’s partners won’t even be selling the GTX 1060FE; the card will only be available through NVIDIA’s website. NVIIDA is calling the GTX 1060FE a “special limited edition” card, and though the company isn’t commenting on the matter, I strongly suspect that the GTX 1060FE is a limited run that NVIDIA will only be selling for a couple of months or so. NVIDIA has done similar things in the past, though ultimately when they curtain production is entirely up to them. I do wonder how NVIIDA’s partners feel about the company competing with them in the etail market, but with NVIDIA charging a significant $50/20% price premium, the partners have a lot of room to play with and improve on the NVIDIA reference design.

Ars Technica

Put together a build on pcpartpicker.com and that joint was ~$1400, didn't even include a monitor. This is gonna be hard
laugh.gif
Are you going to cut back on the games you buy on PS4 and buy them cheaper thru steam/other retail? Also get some of those Xbox exclusives?

What kind of graphic card are you running with? My PC always comes out to $600-$800 before the monitor.

Put together a build on pcpartpicker.com and that joint was ~$1400, didn't even include a monitor. This is gonna be hard :lol:
Are you going to cut back on the games you buy on PS4 and buy them cheaper thru steam/other retail? Also get some of those Xbox exclusives?

What kind of graphic card are you running with? My PC always comes out to $600-$800 before the monitor.
Maybe. I'll definitely get my multi-player games on PS4 since that's where my brother and friends play. I want to play more single player games like The Witcher 3, Dark Souls etc. on PC

I had picked the 1070 GTX cause it was the hotness and cheaper than the 1080 :lol:

Last edited:
Maybe. I'll definitely get my multi-player games on PS4 since that's where my brother and friends play. I want to play more single player games like The Witcher 3, Dark Souls etc. on PC

I had picked the 1070 GTX cause it was the hotness and cheaper than the 1080
laugh.gif
fov set to 110
eek.gif

05582419-photo-fov-110.jpg

12188-0-1461138636.jpg

so what it do? :nerd:

It was actually running like crap the first two days I was benchmarking and gaming which was a major bummer :lol:. GPU usage would spike like crazy and sometimes hit 0%. Ruled out any driver issues, throttling and bottlenecking. Long story short a fresh reinstall of Windows fixed my issues. I suspect it was some registry issues.

Since reinstalling Windows this thing literally runs everything I've thrown at it at 60 fps on ultra at 1080p. The Division, Witcher 3, GTA5, Overwatch, MGSV all buttery smooth. Hasn't even hit more then 60 C at full load with the fans at like 40%.
Planning on getting a 27in 1440p monitor soon to really push this thing :smokin

Last edited:
It was actually running like crap the first two days I was benchmarking and gaming which was a major bummer
laugh.gif
. GPU usage would spike like crazy and sometimes hit 0%. Ruled out any driver issues, throttling and bottlenecking. Long story short a fresh reinstall of Windows fixed my issues. I suspect it was some registry issues.

Since reinstalling Windows this thing literally runs everything I've thrown at it at 60 fps on ultra at 1080p. The Division, Witcher 3, GTA5, Overwatch, MGSV all buttery smooth. Hasn't even hit more then 60 C at full load with the fans at like 40%.
Planning on getting a 27in 1440p monitor soon to really push this thing
smokin.gif
I was about to say "isn't the 1070 a 1440p card?"

1440p gaming has been worth it so far. 

1080p looks slightly blurry now. 

Can't wait to say the same thing when 4k gets cheaper.

TERRY CREWS PC MASTER RACE

Case: Phantom 820
Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 1200 p2
Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 Liquid CPU cooler
Motherboard: ASUS X99 Sabertooth
Processor: Intel Core i7-6800k
GPU: GTX 1080
Audio Card: Xonar Essence STX
1 TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD
Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX
Monitor: ASUS Predator X34
32 GB RAM
HTC Vive VR system

Last edited:
 Originally Posted by Nawzlew  

TERRY CREWS PC MASTER RACE

Case: Phantom 820
Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 1200 p2
Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 Liquid CPU cooler
Motherboard: ASUS X99 Sabertooth
Processor: Intel Core i7-6800k
GPU: GTX 1080
Audio Card: Xonar Essence STX
1 TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD
Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX
Monitor: ASUS Predator X34
32 GB RAM
HTC Vive VR system

MediaHandler.ashx

Terry Crews doesn't f--- around. Even that SSD is the best of the best. 
laugh.gif

That build =
smokin.gif

Last edited:
finally got around to installing my wifi, also did some cable management and installed hue+.

still waiting on my sleeved extensions for my video card. might need to order some wire combs too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom