Official PC thread.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Could someone help me out?

Would you guys say this is worth $370 (I got a $50 gift card)? It's for my parents and it's just going to be used for internet, looking at pictures, etc. (no gaming or anything). My price range is around $400 but I'm willing to spend more if this isn't going to be reliable enough. Thanks guys.

http://www.amazon.com/HP-...F8&qid=1323098082&sr=8-4

build your own & save money.

however, i'd pick this gateway>>>> that hp tho.
better cpu/gpu(A6>>Pentium 630)
more HD space( 1TB>750GB)
USB 3.0 support
& its $30 cheaper. Only thing the HP has over it is that it has Wifi & the Gateway doesn't.

sick.gif
alien.gif
@ what slade posted. $260 for some nasty refurbished machine with a  P4

my man slade trying to hook it up with that HS library swag with that set up
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at work i saved us 20,000 , all the ALL in one PCs we was buying from DELL = 840 .00 then they have them in the clinics on the desk an crazy people be walking out with them

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Would you guys say this is worth $370 (I got a $50 gift card)? It's for my parents and it's just going to be used for internet, looking at pictures, etc. (no gaming or anything). My price range is around $400 but I'm willing to spend more if this isn't going to be reliable enough. Thanks guys.

USB 3.0 support
& its $30 cheaper. Only thing the HP has over it is that it has Wifi & the Gateway doesn't.

sick.gif
alien.gif

my man slade trying to hook it up with that HS library swag with that set up
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at work i saved us 20,000 , all the ALL in one PCs we was buying from DELL = 840 .00 then they have them in the clinics on the desk an crazy people be walking out with them

USB 3.0 support

sick.gif
alien.gif
About how much do you think it would cost to build a computer with similar specifications to that gateway or hp? 
case = 15.00
power supply = 30.00
mobo CPU combo = 80.00
memory = 30.00
HDD = 100
add that up

USB 3.0 support

sick.gif
alien.gif
About how much do you think it would cost to build a computer with similar specifications to that gateway or hp? 
case = 15.00
power supply = 30.00
mobo CPU combo = 80.00
memory = 30.00
HDD = 100
add that up

USB 3.0 support

sick.gif
alien.gif

You could build a better computer than both the Gateway or the HP with $400.

Get yourself an Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo, a Western Digital Caviar HD and some DDR3 RAM for that price.

This thread brings back old memories... when I build my computer it was an AMD 5000+ and 4GB DDR2, I thought I was doing it for that price
laugh.gif

USB 3.0 support

sick.gif
alien.gif

Get yourself an Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo, a Western Digital Caviar HD and some DDR3 RAM for that price.

This thread brings back old memories... when I build my computer it was an AMD 5000+ and 4GB DDR2, I thought I was doing it for that price
laugh.gif

USB 3.0 support

sick.gif
alien.gif
actually nevermind, i'd stick with the gateway. I forgot how damn expensive hard drives are these days
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
80GB for $80
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by scshift

laugh.gif

what is up with you guys and these old cpu? A6>>>>>>That Core 2 Duo.
& a reasonable WD drive @ newegg is like $95 (320GB).  Unless you have a frys or microcenter near you I honestly wouldn't really bother with hard drives being so expensive now. 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
things were so good just a couple of months ago.

USB 3.0 support

sick.gif
alien.gif
actually nevermind, i'd stick with the gateway. I forgot how damn expensive hard drives are these days
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
80GB for $80
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

& a reasonable WD drive @ newegg is like $95 (320GB).  Unless you have a frys or microcenter near you I honestly wouldn't really bother with hard drives being so expensive now. 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

USB 3.0 support

sick.gif
alien.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
80GB for $80
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I think there was a flood at the WD plant in Thailand so the prices shot up expectantly.

When I got mine WD Caviar Black 500GB a few years ago it was like $65
ohwell.gif

And yeah I haven't been staying up to date with PC parts, the E8400 was the top of the line CPU back when I was interested. Now, I'm looking into Core i5.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I think there was a flood at the WD plant in Thailand so the prices shot up expectantly.

ohwell.gif

And yeah I haven't been staying up to date with PC parts, the E8400 was the top of the line CPU back when I was interested. Now, I'm looking into Core i5.

Thanks for the help guys. Ending up copping the Gateway (I almost got it on black friday at bestbuy.com also but was hesitant because I don't really trust Gateways but it got decent ratings so I'll take my shot.)

Thanks for the help guys. Ending up copping the Gateway (I almost got it on black friday at bestbuy.com also but was hesitant because I don't really trust Gateways but it got decent ratings so I'll take my shot.)

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

ohwell.gif

I had the E8400 at 3.6ghz, then got a i5 2500k, really noticeable when gaming from having a quad core. Also with the same video card my fps jumped by 20+, I would get 20fps with the E8400, then with the 2500k I'd get 40+ with more settings turned up.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

ohwell.gif

I had the E8400 at 3.6ghz, then got a i5 2500k, really noticeable when gaming from having a quad core. Also with the same video card my fps jumped by 20+, I would get 20fps with the E8400, then with the 2500k I'd get 40+ with more settings turned up.

Man, haven't been in this thread for a while.

Yup, WD's plant in Thailand got flooded, which also affected a lot of other industries (e.g., automotive plants - a ton of cars and car parts come from Japan and Thailand; definitely feeling the effect over here
30t6p3b.gif
). I heard Seagate's plant didn't take a hit, but it benefiting from the increase in price. It's ridiculous how much the prices spiked.

Good thing I copped my WD 1TB Black Caviar HDD a month before. Cost me less than $100 back then.
Now I see it going for $240 on Newegg.
sick.gif
http://www.newegg.com/Pro...spx?Item=N82E16822136533

This might be a stupid question, but is there any way to transfer my OS and other programs that I already have installed on my rig to another hard drive (planning to cop an SSD in the near future), other than reinstalling everything again (which is a pain in the #$@ to do)?
nerd.gif

Yup, WD's plant in Thailand got flooded, which also affected a lot of other industries (e.g., automotive plants - a ton of cars and car parts come from Japan and Thailand; definitely feeling the effect over here
30t6p3b.gif
). I heard Seagate's plant didn't take a hit, but it benefiting from the increase in price. It's ridiculous how much the prices spiked.

Good thing I copped my WD 1TB Black Caviar HDD a month before. Cost me less than $100 back then.
sick.gif

This might be a stupid question, but is there any way to transfer my OS and other programs that I already have installed on my rig to another hard drive (planning to cop an SSD in the near future), other than reinstalling everything again (which is a pain in the #$@ to do)?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

30t6p3b.gif

sick.gif

nerd.gif
Norton Ghost or  EaseUS Todo Backup should work. Your SSD will probably come with software.

sidenote:
sick.gif
@ how slow regular hard drives are compared to SSD's, hopefully they send me a new 830 soon
tired.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

30t6p3b.gif

sick.gif

nerd.gif
Norton Ghost or  EaseUS Todo Backup should work. Your SSD will probably come with software.

sidenote:
sick.gif
@ how slow regular hard drives are compared to SSD's, hopefully they send me a new 830 soon
tired.gif

Just built one... what do you guys think?
Case --- Fractal Design R3 

CPU ---- Intel i3 2120 

Motherboard -- ASUS P8Z68-V LX 

RAM --- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24

Power Supply --- Cooler Master Silent Pro M700

Hard Drive --- Seagate 1.5TB 5900 RPM & Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB 

Everything came out to a little under $600 after the various taxes, fees & rebates.

Just built one... what do you guys think?
Case --- Fractal Design R3 

CPU ---- Intel i3 2120 

Motherboard -- ASUS P8Z68-V LX 

RAM --- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24

Power Supply --- Cooler Master Silent Pro M700

Hard Drive --- Seagate 1.5TB 5900 RPM & Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB 

Everything came out to a little under $600 after the various taxes, fees & rebates.

I think imma have to settle for a $500-600 build. Was shooting for a $1200 one but something always happens
30t6p3b.gif

I think imma have to settle for a $500-600 build. Was shooting for a $1200 one but something always happens
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom