Official PC thread.

Okay. Plans to get the SSD have been delayed for a while.
tired.gif
Saw and copped this instead. Great impulse buy. Advance birthday present for myself.
laugh.gif

The Cooler Master Cosmos II Ultra Tower
ja86ep.jpg

Got it for around $340 locally (introductory offer; practically a steal over here), so I said what the hell. It retails here cheaper than the Corsair Obsidian 800D, which I wanted back then, too.
smokin.gif

Thing is HUGE! Weighs a ton, too!
pimp.gif

Still got to fix the wiring, though. Maybe this weekend. I think I need a few Molex splitters for this thing. My non-modular power supply FTL.

I already sold my old modded chassis (left) to my cousin's friend, btw.

Okay. Plans to get the SSD have been delayed for a while.
tired.gif
Saw and copped this instead. Great impulse buy. Advance birthday present for myself.
laugh.gif

The Cooler Master Cosmos II Ultra Tower
ja86ep.jpg

Got it for around $340 locally (introductory offer; practically a steal over here), so I said what the hell. It retails here cheaper than the Corsair Obsidian 800D, which I wanted back then, too.
smokin.gif

Thing is HUGE! Weighs a ton, too!
pimp.gif

Still got to fix the wiring, though. Maybe this weekend. I think I need a few Molex splitters for this thing. My non-modular power supply FTL.

I already sold my old modded chassis (left) to my cousin's friend, btw.

I need help picking a new Laptop , any recommendations, somewhere around $1000, i was looking at the new ultrabooks, any word on how they perform ?

I need help picking a new Laptop , any recommendations, somewhere around $1000, i was looking at the new ultrabooks, any word on how they perform ?

wow that case is huge compared to your elite lol

35b5hd4.jpg

thought i'd post this here
happy.gif

my humble keyboard collection

wow that case is huge compared to your elite lol

35b5hd4.jpg

thought i'd post this here
happy.gif

my humble keyboard collection

9 keyboards
eek.gif
roll.gif

Hmmm... might get that SSD after all. My friend's cousin is heading home to the PI on Monday. Might get him to pick up a 128GB Crucial M4 SSD for me. I'd save about $100 over buying it locally.
smokin.gif

9 keyboards
eek.gif
roll.gif

Hmmm... might get that SSD after all. My friend's cousin is heading home to the PI on Monday. Might get him to pick up a 128GB Crucial M4 SSD for me. I'd save about $100 over buying it locally.
smokin.gif

I'm probably one of the few who doesn't think your new tower is that big. Your Elite is just very small lol

I'm probably one of the few who doesn't think your new tower is that big. Your Elite is just very small lol

^ lol, you have no idea how huge it is in person (pause). My jaw literally dropped when they pulled it out of the box for inspection.
laugh.gif

I'm 6'1", and this tower goes halfway up to my thigh from the floor.
eek.gif

It makes my 32" LED TV/Monitor in the background look like a 15" monitor.
roll.gif
Planning to place it on top of a table, too.

Will post pics once I fix the interior.

^ lol, you have no idea how huge it is in person (pause). My jaw literally dropped when they pulled it out of the box for inspection.
laugh.gif

I'm 6'1", and this tower goes halfway up to my thigh from the floor.
eek.gif

It makes my 32" LED TV/Monitor in the background look like a 15" monitor.
roll.gif
Planning to place it on top of a table, too.

Will post pics once I fix the interior.

Here's the Cosmos II placed on my temporary computer table (which is a used Japanese school desk) next to my Samsung 32" LED TV (on another desk) that I use as a monitor. 
laugh.gif

69j2j5.jpg

Here's the inside view. Still have a couple of Corsair fans (from the H80) that I'll install at the side panel later tonight to cool the GPU. Wires are a mess -for now. 

9bes9l.jpg

Here's the Cosmos II placed on my temporary computer table (which is a used Japanese school desk) next to my Samsung 32" LED TV (on another desk) that I use as a monitor. 
laugh.gif

69j2j5.jpg

Here's the inside view. Still have a couple of Corsair fans (from the H80) that I'll install at the side panel later tonight to cool the GPU. Wires are a mess -for now. 

9bes9l.jpg

Hey NT, I'm in the process of building my dad a HTPC. He doesn't really need the memory, but he wants things to be fast.
laugh.gif

Here's what I've got so far:

Basic Goals:
  • "Fast" PC for my dad for general browsing, entertainment, etc.
  • Must have HDMI (for hook-up to LCD TV) 
  • Must have WLAN connection (Wireless-G/N)
Chassis: Silverstone SUGO 02 **ANY BETTER CASES???** MAN, HTPC CASES AREN'T CHEAP!? 
ohwell.gif
eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif

PSU: Antec 450watts Basiq

Mobo/APU: ASUS E35M1-M

SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB SATA3 Solid State Drive 
laugh.gif

RAM:  4GB, DDR3 1066 Hz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory  - PAIN IN THE #$% TO FIND OVER HERE 

WLAN: D-Link (DWA 525) Wifi PCI LAN Adapter

KB: Logitech K400 Wireless Keyboard

Thoughts? Comments? Criticisms? Any recommendations?

Hey NT, I'm in the process of building my dad a HTPC. He doesn't really need the memory, but he wants things to be fast.
laugh.gif

Here's what I've got so far:

Basic Goals:
  • "Fast" PC for my dad for general browsing, entertainment, etc.
  • Must have HDMI (for hook-up to LCD TV) 
  • Must have WLAN connection (Wireless-G/N)
Chassis: Silverstone SUGO 02 **ANY BETTER CASES???** MAN, HTPC CASES AREN'T CHEAP!? 
ohwell.gif
eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif

PSU: Antec 450watts Basiq

Mobo/APU: ASUS E35M1-M

SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB SATA3 Solid State Drive 
laugh.gif

RAM:  4GB, DDR3 1066 Hz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory  - PAIN IN THE #$% TO FIND OVER HERE 

WLAN: D-Link (DWA 525) Wifi PCI LAN Adapter

KB: Logitech K400 Wireless Keyboard

Thoughts? Comments? Criticisms? Any recommendations?

depending on the price, i'd personally go with a Celeron G530 & a cheap H61 board. The E-350 is so
sick.gif
imo & the HD graphics in the G530 are supposedly good enough to do everything besides gaming.

Back
Top Bottom