Official PC thread.

Don't have a real preference. Anything would be better than the old relic of a keyboard I have now :lol:

I'll check out that K70 RGB & the Quick Fire

repped. 8)

No problem. I was searching for a new keyboard a couple months ago so I did a good amount of research :lol:

If you have any questions let me know.

And welcome to the master race :smile:

May our frame rights be high, may our temperatures be low.

This is the capture device I'm getting for anyone else that is looking to record gameplay videos:

Elgato Game Capture HD 60

7634008_sd.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/elgato-game-capture-hd60-multi/7634008.p?skuId=7634008

Records 1080p & 60 FPS

No problem. I was searching for a new keyboard a couple months ago so I did a good amount of research :lol:

If you have any questions let me know.

And welcome to the master race :smile:

May our frame rights be high, may our temperatures be low.

:nthat:

Looking forward to being able to play most games on High/Ultra settings. Especially Fallout 4 & Bioshock Remastered

Skyrim with a good ENB will be :smokin as well.

Last edited:
I'd swap the HD for a WD Blue (Seagate blows), and 32gb seems unnecessary, save some cash and go with 16gb.

I'd swap the HD for a WD Blue (Seagate blows), and 32gb seems unnecessary, save some cash and go with 16gb.

WD Blue is another one I'm looking at, that is definitely under consideration. And budget isn't really a problem for most of this stuff, so I don't really mind getting 32 GB.

16gb ddr4, wd blue 1tb hd, and a 250gb ssd. All you need. well and a 1070

Got the SD. And def getting the 1070.

Still working on my build, though I'm pretty close to finalizing it.

This is what I got:

CPU
AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor
$149.87

Mobo
MSI 970 GAMING ATX AM3+ Motherboard
$84.99

RAM
Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory
$145.99

Storage
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
$69.99

GPU
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card
$449.95

Case
NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case
$66.99

Network
Intel EXPI9301CTBLK PCI-Express x1 10/100/1000 Mbps Network Adapter
$27.90

Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Chroma Wired Gaming Keyboard
$135.99

Sound Card
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx
$119.99

Anything you don't see(cooling, power supply, mouse, speakers etc) is because I already have it covered.

Anything I should switch up? (Only one I'm dead set on sticking with is the GTX 1070)

It's main use will be for gaming & video editing. Trying to get a youtube channel started, cause I want to be my own boss and set my own schedule

Might add a 2nd GTX 1070 after a while. That or jump up to the 1080ti
Couple points:

- If it were me I would ditch the sound card. Motherboards these days come with good onboard sound that can handle pretty much anything you want (5.1, etc.), and audiophile headphones would need their own DAC anyway. Won't help you video editing since sound cards only enhance what YOU hear. They only really make sense if you have a 5.1/7.1 home theater best buy-display-grade speaker setup.

- You don't need a network card unless you have a multi-user workflow that has multiple people hitting a large video project on the network for editing.  Use the motherboard's onboard LAN.

- I'd use that money to try to upgrade to a i7 skylake z170 cpu/motherboard with ddr4. AMD's 8350 line is like four years old and it will be slower than intel i7 in every use case related to gaming and video editing/encoding - like 50% slower.  If you're concerned about streaming and multitasking, your gtx 1070 will handle recording and streaming via shadowplay (which uses almost no CPU overhead). The only real advantage amd FX has in multitasking is over the i3 line - It will trade blows with i5 (and lose by a lot if you arent multitasking)

Just my 0.02c.  My computer actually has an AMD 8320e and I love it, but I recognize that if you have budget for an intel rig at this point it's a no brainer.

Last edited:
Couple points:

- If it were me I would ditch the sound card. Motherboards these days come with good onboard sound that can handle pretty much anything you want (5.1, etc.), and audiophile headphones would need their own DAC anyway. Won't help you video editing since sound cards only enhance what YOU hear. They only really make sense if you have a 5.1/7.1 home theater best buy-display-grade speaker setup.

- You don't need a network card unless you have a multi-user workflow that has multiple people hitting a large video project on the network for editing.  Use the motherboard's onboard LAN.

- I'd use that money to try to upgrade to a i7 skylake z170 cpu/motherboard with ddr4. AMD's 8350 line is like four years old and it will be slower than intel i7 in every use case related to gaming and video editing/encoding - like 50% slower.  If you're concerned about streaming and multitasking, your gtx 1070 will handle recording and streaming via shadowplay (which uses almost no CPU overhead). The only real advantage amd FX has in multitasking is over the i3 line - It will trade blows with i5 (and lose by a lot if you arent multitasking)

Just my 0.02c.  My computer actually has an AMD 8320e and I love it, but I recognize that if you have budget for an intel rig at this point it's a no brainer.

Appreciated, repped.

Any of you guys have a Dell XPS13? Thinking bout ordering one, either that or a Lenovo X1 Carbon.

My work gave me a maxed out XPS15. I really like it. The build quality is excellent. Only thing I wish is they gave me the 13 lol. Never used the Lenovo X1 but I have heard great things about that as well.

bout to put my preoder in for fh3

that xbox store bonus is trash tho :lol:

Last edited:
I'm planning to build my own pc and I'm going to use a i7 6800k 6 core cpu. If I want to use a geforce gtx 960 gpu, will that bottleneck my pc by a lot? Keep in mind that I'm not planning to do any gaming.

Back
Top Bottom