[::Official PHX Suns @ LA Lakers THURSDAY (1/17) 7:30pm PT TNT::]

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Thanks. Looks we found it at the same time.
me, earlier:
I'm pretty sure we have a losing record (or somewhere close to .500) THIS season when Kobe scores 40+.

Can someone provide his 35+ or 40+ games this season (or tell me where I can check that kind of sortable stat myself)?
Found it myself.

Looks like we're 6-1 when he's above 35, 1-1 when he's above 40. (we lost our first game of the season, a game where Kobe scored 45 and Houston won).

**pats self on the back**

Phoenix are scared, look at D'antoni and Amare talking smack
laugh.gif

It might sound sick and twisted, but I'm all for giving Kwame the opportunity to get involved in the offense, by feeding him the ball in the low post.

That's just me... How else will he get the confidence he will need over the next 2 months.
And what better team to start that off that the small phx suns.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]1-1[/color] when kobe scores 40+
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]6-1[/color] when kobe scores 35+ (including his two 40 pt. games.)

People actually follow dumb stats like that?

^ I agree with feeding Kwame and LO the ball in the post. KB#54 had a great playoff series vs the Suns back in 06 when the Lakers took them to 7 games. GrantedAmare was hurt in that series but I still wouldn't mind Kwame and LO getting a few touches down low in order to open up the outside shooters. The key tostopping.. I mean slowing down the Suns is down low in the post.

^ Our bench outscored the Hornet's bench like 42-9 when we played them.

Does Kobe come off the bench?

Team, bro. Team.

There are many components to a team. And believe it or not, Kobe is not a part of every component. Bench, coaching, post play, interior defense, perimeter defense, point guard play... there are so, sooo, SOOO many ways to win or lose a game.

like i said, kobe and fisher are the only two players you count on every game...

So Kobe and Fisher are the reasons why we are one of the West's best teams?

It takes a lot of ignorance to believe that.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Originally Posted by ibleedorange342313

WRONG^^^^^any other time kobe hogs the ball for 40+ they end up losin!

Kobe went for 48 against the Sonics this past Monday and won.

it was against the sonics
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
. when he's against a better team the lakers need more of the passing Kobe but if Bynum is gone maybe ballhog Kobe has to do it

Wrong again ! Last season when Kobe went on his streak of 5 games of 40+ points the Lakers won all those games.

Need proof here you go:

06/07 Season:
[table][tr][td]Fri 16[/td] [td]Portland[/td] [td]W 116 - 111 OT[/td] [td]34-32[/td] [td]K. Bryant 65
[/td] [td]L. Odom 9
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 18[/td] [td]Minnesota[/td] [td]W 109 - 102[/td] [td]35-32[/td] [td]K. Bryant 50
[/td] [td]L. Odom 9
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Thu 22[/td] [td]@ Memphis[/td] [td]W 121 - 119[/td] [td]36-32[/td] [td]K. Bryant 60
[/td] [td]L. Odom 15
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri 23[/td] [td]@ New Orleans/Oklahoma City[/td] [td]W 111 - 105[/td] [td]37-32[/td] [td]K. Bryant 50
[/td] [td]L. Odom 10
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 25[/td] [td]Golden State[/td] [td]W 115 - 113[/td] [td]38-32[/td] [td]K. Bryant 43[/td] [/tr][/table]
Link:

http://www.nba.com/lakers/schedule/results_2006.html

look at who they beat...again. Portland was crap last year, Minnesota/Memphis are garbage. New Orleans/Golden State are good teams, but not ELITE teamslike the Detroits, San Antonios etc. Now I'm not saying Kobe sucks, even tho I'm a Warrior fan I appreciate what he does. BUT...from what has happenedthis year with Bynum and overall the Lakers' team chemistry getting better, I still feel they're a much better team by sharing the rock around. So froma Warriors fan, I don't mind if Kobe wants to ballhog all day.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

^ I agree with feeding Kwame and LO the ball in the post. KB#54 had a great playoff series vs the Suns back in 06 when the Lakers took them to 7 games. Granted Amare was hurt in that series but I still wouldn't mind Kwame and LO getting a few touches down low in order to open up the outside shooters. The key to stopping.. I mean slowing down the Suns is down low in the post.

Co-sign 100%. We have to get kwame some confidence. He actually has some moves but he never uses them. Sometimes he looks scared out there on the court. Wewill see what happens tonight.

No matter what happens.....

LETS GO LAKERS!

So Kobe and Fisher are the reasons why we are one of the West's best teams?

It takes a lot of ignorance to believe that.
ohwell.gif
YES. Not ignorance. Its my opinion. who are you to say my opinion is ignorant? oh and andrew bynum is the third reason but hes out. . you actuallybelieve the lakers bench is that good?
laugh.gif
or their defense? what aboutthe coaching? phil's horrific subs anyone? come on now... the bench basically has beat up on weaker teams. thats all.

i actually hope i am wrong and you are right and they go out and kick the suns%%$+ with a team effort but i doubt that very much...

i want you to tell me who on the bench is dependable to go out there EVERY GAME and score without a kobe or bynum on the floor?

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Originally Posted by ibleedorange342313

WRONG^^^^^any other time kobe hogs the ball for 40+ they end up losin!

Kobe went for 48 against the Sonics this past Monday and won.

it was against the sonics
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
. when he's against a better team the lakers need more of the passing Kobe but if Bynum is gone maybe ballhog Kobe has to do it

Wrong again ! Last season when Kobe went on his streak of 5 games of 40+ points the Lakers won all those games.

Need proof here you go:

06/07 Season:
[table][tr][td]Fri 16[/td] [td]Portland[/td] [td]W 116 - 111 OT[/td] [td]34-32[/td] [td]K. Bryant 65
[/td] [td]L. Odom 9
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 18[/td] [td]Minnesota[/td] [td]W 109 - 102[/td] [td]35-32[/td] [td]K. Bryant 50
[/td] [td]L. Odom 9
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Thu 22[/td] [td]@ Memphis[/td] [td]W 121 - 119[/td] [td]36-32[/td] [td]K. Bryant 60
[/td] [td]L. Odom 15
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri 23[/td] [td]@ New Orleans/Oklahoma City[/td] [td]W 111 - 105[/td] [td]37-32[/td] [td]K. Bryant 50
[/td] [td]L. Odom 10
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 25[/td] [td]Golden State[/td] [td]W 115 - 113[/td] [td]38-32[/td] [td]K. Bryant 43[/td] [/tr][/table]
Link:

http://www.nba.com/lakers/schedule/results_2006.html

look at who they beat...again. Portland was crap last year, Minnesota/Memphis are garbage. New Orleans/Golden State are good teams, but not ELITE teams like the Detroits, San Antonios etc. Now I'm not saying Kobe sucks, even tho I'm a Warrior fan I appreciate what he does. BUT...from what has happened this year with Bynum and overall the Lakers' team chemistry getting better, I still feel they're a much better team by sharing the rock around. So from a Warriors fan, I don't mind if Kobe wants to ballhog all day.

ya they are a better team when the ball is shared around....... that doesn't mean that if KB comes out and jacks up shots they will lose... they canstill win either way, but they have a much smaller chance of winning when only KB is shooting......

Amare is looking to soft (esp against Kaman last game),
kaman was 3-14 with 9 pts, 39 mins. what game were you watching? Kaman had a grip of rebounds, but I don't get how Amare is soft.. Amareshut him down homie.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]1-1[/color] when kobe scores 40+
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]6-1[/color] when kobe scores 35+ (including his two 40 pt. games.)

People actually follow dumb stats like that?

someone asked for those...fallback.

yo ska Kobe and Fisher are a big reason for the lakers being on top of the western conference. Its not so much points that fisher adds but his decision makingand his leadership at the point gaurd position. A huge up grade from that other guy we had the last 3 years. And kobe buying into the system has allowed him tobe more dangerous, even if he doesnt drop 40+
i dont think thats ignorance, i think its knowledge about basketball and the intangibles people contribute on and off the court which makes an elite team

Back
Top Bottom