[::Official PHX Suns @ LA Lakers THURSDAY (1/17) 7:30pm PT TNT::]

C'mon Suns. Pull this one out.

I'm not a huge Nash fan. But I'll always hate Jack Bauer more.
smile.gif

I'm all over this game.

I love watching Kobe play in Phoenix though, so I wish this was an away game for the Lakers.

Should be great, we'll see if Amare can take advantage inside.

me:
So Kobe and Fisher are the reasons why we are one of the West's best teams?

It takes a lot of ignorance to believe that.
ohwell.gif
NobleKane:
YES. Not ignorance. Its my opinion. who are you to say my opinion is ignorant? oh and andrew bynum is the third reason but hes out

First off, don't get so offended at the word 'ignorant'. People usually do, but ignorance is simply 'uneducated'. In thereference I'm using it, having the opinion that a team can be an elite team in today's NBA simply because of 2 players, one of which has never evenbeen an All Star, requires a very limited knowledge of basketball. Having the opinion that an elite team can happen simply because of two players requires alot of ignorance.

That's not to be offensive or anything; just saying, that's not a very basketball-smart belief.
NobleKane:
you actually believe the lakers bench is that good?
laugh.gif
or their defense? what about the coaching? phil's horrific subs anyone? come on now... the bench basically has beat up on weaker teams. thats all.

i actually hope i am wrong and you are right and they go out and kick the suns%%$+ with a team effort but i doubt that very much...

i want you to tell me who on the bench is dependable to go out there EVERY GAME and score without a kobe or bynum on the floor?
Is the Lakers bench good enough to be a elite team? Nope.

Is our defense enough to make us an elite team? Nope.

Is the coaching staff enough to make us an elite team? Nope.

Is Phil good enough to make us an elite team? Nope.

But is our bench, defense, coaching staff, and Phil, along with our veterans, youth, perimeter shooting, perimeter defense, transition offense, transitiondefense, and post defense, good enough to make us an elite team?

Apparently, because we are.

That why I said in my original response to you: TEAM. I don't think you get that concept, because you keep trying to single things out ("Is our benchgood enough?") You keep singling things out, and that's not a basketball-smart (or sport-smart) perspective; it's ignorant (uneducated).

Like the notion that if we blow the Suns out tonight, I'm right and you're wrong. Why single tonight's game out?

Why single anything out? One player, one night, one aspect of the team... anything?

That's ignorant, in terms of sports knowledge. Ask the best coaches in any sport and they'll tell you the same thing; you can't single things out.You have to see the whole, not the individual parts.

Kwame Brown
smh.gif
I don't even know what to say anymore. He took a 5 foot jumper and missed.

Kwame is horrible. And I don't get it. He had flashes where he looked good for a little bit. Damn he lost all of it. He looks like he doesn't even wantto be out there.

I guess it's safe to say that Kwame Brown has firmly taken the place of Sasha Vujasuck as the most hated Laker.
laugh.gif

Cuz before it was kinda back and forth between those two.

Wow this game starting off real slow...the crowd is dead and so are the players... And why are the Lakers dumping the ball into Kwame? This isn't Bynumhere, having the ball in Kwame's hand (if he can catch it) is a major liability.

Why are the Lakers running plays for Kwame Brown haha.. I feel sorry that ya'll have to deal with him touching the ball for 8 straight weeks..

Back
Top Bottom