Official Prey (Predator 5-ish) - Straight to Hulu/Disney+ Aug. 8, 2022

The Predator Reshot Nearly Its Entire Third Act

20th Century Fox and filmmaker Shane Black are working hard to deliver The Predator in fighting shape, delaying its release from February to September in order to carry out reportedly extensive reshoots. Now co-star Keegan-Michael Key has told CinemaBlend just how extensive those reshoots are: The filmmakers behind The Predator reshot nearly the entire third act of the film!

“We just finished [reshoots] last week, and just about three-quarters of the third act was rewritten,” confirms Key. “And Shane Black is… he’s just a consummate professional, and a consummate writer. He’s a wordsmith! It was a really, really exhilarating experience, and I think that he’s still one of our most vibrant writers of cinema.”

Predator 1 , 2 and Predators are the only Predator movies in my eyes. Hope this one is good. Any idea when a trailer is dropping?

Shane Black originally said mid-April but didn't know that only applied to Cinemacon.

I don't think that's happening as Michael Key just said they finished with re-shoots last week and he said a majority of it was for the third act. I'm good with re-shoots, but re-shooting that much of that part of the film is just huge red flags.

This just doesn't have a good feeling to it, especially when I think of Shane Black and reveals.

the red flag was havig michae key in it, might as well thrown jack black in a predator suit

reshoots don't bother me because it could have fixed something that truly didn't work. We only hear about reshoots now because sites are desperate for site traffic. 10 years ago, we didn't hear about reshoots as much as we do now. I wonder how many movies we love had huge reshoots years ago

reshoots don't bother me because it could have fixed something that truly didn't work. We only hear about reshoots now because sites are desperate for site traffic. 10 years ago, we didn't hear about reshoots as much as we do now. I wonder how many movies we love had huge reshoots years ago

This whole notion of reshoots is bad. Most cases the lack of continuity is visible in the end product - weight loss/gain in the actors, change in tone/mood, bad CGI effects.

I get what you’re saying and totally understand re-shoots. Hell, I defended Rogue One for them while everyone else was going crazy.

But for two delayed openings already, and having to re-shoot a “majority of the third act”. Add to that, the bombing of the test screening during the fall. It’s tough for anyone to be excited for this movie right now. And I’m a huge Predator fan.

Add to that, the bombing of the test screening during the fall.
I didn’t hear about this, I’m getting a bad feeling about this now. Plus I’ve been EXTRA ready for another Predator film since there was originally supposed to be a quick sequel to Predators |l

I'm playing Tom Clancy Wildlands and had no idea they had a mission where you had to kill Predator lol.

Arnold should def helm a sequel. Would be awesome. Dude had a good of action films in him. Too bad he wasted his years in office.

It was so beastly and savage with testosterone overflowing.
giphy.gif

Predator World?

“From the outer reaches of space to the small-town streets of suburbia, the hunt comes home in Shane Black’s explosive reinvention of the Predator series. Now, the universe’s most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species. When a young boy accidentally triggers their return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled science teacher can prevent the end of the human race.”

Back
Top Bottom