< OFFICIAL PUMA™ THREAD >

Hello PUMA collectors. I have a pair of PUMA Speed Cat 2.9 Mid celebrating PUMA's 10th Anniversary in motorsports. They came out in 2009. I'm going out on a limb but could these be worth anything? Just curious really, picture of the model below.

Note: this is not a for sale post.
Looks like a pair is up on the bay 
devil.gif

Got the black r698 tropicalia's in today from Oneness. Man they shipped fast. Friday order at the door on Monday lol. Anyways impressions -- materials feel fantastic! Someone described it as a durabuck and yeah it definitely is a nubuck/durabuck feel. It's similar to what you'd find on RF's Asics basically. You can brush your finger back and forth on it and you'll see the shade changes. The box describes it as a mix of suede and aniline leather, which is what was used on one the consortium stan smiths. Anyways the material is on point. The fit and finish, quality control was ok. There was some glue or stuck suede on the toe box shields but just scratching it off with your fingernails and then brushing the suede back made things look pristine! I didn't realize the soles were a dark gummy translucent. Pretty nice touch. Love the tropical lining, the detailed x's on the upper looks fantastic too. Overall really satisfied and impressed with this r698. Definitely worth the price its being retailed for.

Go TTS, it's a perfect fit for me. If you had to go up or down half, I'd go half up. If you can find your size, stay true. I've got the bluebirds coming in along with the BOG's later this week. It'll be fun to see how these all stack up from the latest GR run here. Puma hit a HR with these.

OH one last side note, the box mentions the natural materials and dyes and there's potential that the dyes will stain. It's true. Running the suede and making it smooth I noticed my hands get darker lol. So watch out if you're rocking lighter colored baller socks or some light colored pants.

Last edited:
I picked up the R698 tropicalias and I really wasn't that impressed, the quality is just ok in my eyes. The is my first pair of pumas in years though. I did pick up a pair of consortium adidas eqt 93 which were also aniline leather and they feel so much better that the puma's. This is just my humble opinion. I'm debating on picking up the black BOG instead & returning them if I can find them for retail still.

I picked up the R698 tropicalias and I really wasn't that impressed, the quality is just ok in my eyes. The is my first pair of pumas in years though. I did pick up a pair of consortium adidas eqt 93 which were also aniline leather and they feel so much better that the puma's. This is just my humble opinion. I'm debating on picking up the black BOG instead & returning them if I can find them for retail still.
For the price point, 110 or so, I'd compare it to GR ASICS, and in comparison they feel a lot better in regards to the materials. ASICS GR's have pretty sub par materials. RF ASICS use a nubuck suede that's similar feeling to these Puma's. These r698's feel better then the GR EQT 93's too. The Consortium EQT's are next level so pretty tough to base it on that level for comparison.

Last edited:
For the price point, 110 or so, I'd compare it to GR ASICS, and in comparison they feel a lot better in regards to the materials. ASICS GR's have pretty sub par materials. These r698's feel better then the GR EQT 93's too. The Consortium EQT's are next level so pretty tough to base it on that level for comparison.

Well I have some pairs GR Asics and a GR eqt 93 as well and again I feel those models are equal if not better than these As I said, It's just my opinion though, I guess I had high expectations for these.

i got my khaki tropicalias from oneness and they shipped me the wrong size! i ordered a 10 and they sent me a UK10 
mean.gif

i paid $112 shipped for these, so if anyone who missed out that wants this for $112 + shipping/pp and pays me before oneness sends me the return label, it's yours. i know you're not allowed to buy/sell here, but i wanna give someone the assist before the pair goes back to oneness

i'm at work, but they're in my car ready to be dropped off today

now back on the hunt for a 9.5/10 

livestock cancelled my order for the black BOGs smh...

Got them online as soon as they went live and they're telling me that they sold out in store.... anyway, back on the hunt for a size 11

livestock cancelled my order for the black BOGs smh...
Got them online as soon as they went live and they're telling me that they sold out in store.... anyway, back on the hunt for a size 11

Call them up and discuss it over the phone. I had a similar situation when the Fear pack released last year and they let me pick a future release and they would hold a pair for me.

Nice you swap from the Bluebirds? Going to do the same when mine arrive today. Repped.[/quote]

No my coves.

Seller on eBay just went up with all of the new R698s. Retail shipped.

Edit: 9.5 got gone with a quickness.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can find a pair of Disc Blaze OG 1993 in a mens 7? I've checked eBay to no avail. Any help would truly be appreciated.

Does anyone know where I can find a pair of Disc Blaze OG 1993 in a mens 7? I've checked eBay to no avail. Any help would truly be appreciated.
Did they make them in anything lower than 8? That's the lowest I've seen anywhere for those specific ones.

Did they make them in anything lower than 8? That's the lowest I've seen anywhere for those specific ones.
If they did, it was probably overseas only. From what I can tell, all the US releases started at 8. I was looking for a pair myself, and I have not yet seen them in the smaller sizes though, so I'm not sure if they are even out there.
ohwell.gif

If they did, it was probably overseas only. From what I can tell, all the US releases started at 8. I was looking for a pair myself, and I have not yet seen them in the smaller sizes though, so I'm not sure if they are even out there.
ohwell.gif
Are you a size 7 as well?

Back
Top Bottom