< OFFICIAL PUMA™ THREAD >

Good to hear. I was interested in the Stewie 2 because I missed out on the All Pros.

Just undeadstocked my MB.02’s yesterday and I love the comfort on that shoe, so if the Stewie’s are better, I gotta cop. Did you get the Grandma “Earth” colorway?

I did. They look great in-hand, and have a full woven-like upper as opposed to the other "Ruby" CW that dropped.

carolinakickg carolinakickg a 14W should work well for you

I just don't get why all of their basketball shoes look alike save for a model or two. It just comes across as uninspired. The soles all look bulky af regardless of how they feel, and it just has the same overall look. I get that you want to have a look or a feel as a brand, but it feels like they have a mold and they just tweak it ever so little and spit out a new "signature" shoe.

1687299615990.png

I sure do remember when Puma was able to sign Vince Carter at the beginning of his NBA career. They expected him to be the cornerstone basketball star for their brand when they reentered the hoops market in 1998 after being out of it for several years. The crazy thing is that he only wore the brand for his rookie year because he opted to defect from them after that season as he claimed discomfort wearing their shoes. Perhaps that set their basketball division back because they stopped making contemporary models after he officially left them in 2000. I think he was their only basketball client at that time.

But it's crazy how they now have multiple current NBA players after they reentered the hoops market during the last few years.

I just don't get why all of their basketball shoes look alike save for a model or two. It just comes across as uninspired. The soles all look bulky af regardless of how they feel, and it just has the same overall look. I get that you want to have a look or a feel as a brand, but it feels like they have a mold and they just tweak it ever so little and spit out a new "signature" shoe.

It's like that bulky sole look is their design gimmick.

I sure do remember when Puma was able to sign Vince Carter at the beginning of his NBA career. They expected him to be the cornerstone basketball star for their brand when they reentered the hoops market in 1998 after being out of it for several years. The crazy thing is that he only wore the brand for his rookie year because he opted to defect from them after that season as he claimed discomfort wearing their shoes. Perhaps that set their basketball division back because they stopped making contemporary models after he officially left them in 2000. I think he was their only basketball client at that time.

But it's crazy how they now have multiple current NBA players after they reentered the hoops market during the last few years.

It's like that bulky sole look is their design gimmick.

aside from looking basic, they weren't comfortable at all. even when Porsche Design ended their collab with Adidas a few years ago and went to sign with Puma, their shoes remained basic. it's outrageous considering it should have been a premium product for a premium price. instead, they are selling them for premium price with Payless quality. I should have bought those Adidas collab when they were still around.

Anyone aware of the style code on these or where might have them? Guy who posted says out in shanghai puma store. that's all i got lol

clydepro.jpg

Anyone aware of the style code on these or where might have them? Guy who posted says out in shanghai puma store. that's all i got lol

clydepro.jpg

Yeah I saw this on reddit too. Jesuscare is the ig. He's pretty frendly from what I've seen over the years, someone could just ask him what the style code is.

Yeah I saw this on reddit too. Jesuscare is the ig. He's pretty frendly from what I've seen over the years, someone could just ask him what the style code is.

Yeah I actually did lol he most of the time does but this time just said "out now shanghai puma store"

Concur, 100% baby.

Reminds me of the under armor curry series, they just all look the same to me.

Saw these in store but didn't have time to do the old "Have my size? (5 minutes pass) - 'no but we have 2 sizes smaller than your size'" so I didn't try these on. I may just have to. I've been playing in the MB.02s and actually playing really well in em but the cushion is lacking.

Back
Top Bottom