Official Reebok Kamikaze II Thread AKA "Reignmans"

I love that the IT's are dropping. Wish they would've came out when he was still signed with Reebok. I loved the IT embroidery. Still getting them so Reebok wins.

Quote:
They're trying to make them something they're not, Reebok doesn't have anyone decent employed, just a bunch of people with the right degrees that Nike, Under Armor, Adidas, Vans, Converse ect didn't want. Reeboks current staff are scally wags, even Ryan Cross, he'd be a janitor at Nike.
The collabs are mainly put together by the boutique. LOL those jobs were filled before he got his current gig. At least for the top two. UA don't do casual wear. Vans and Converse? Really? that's a low blow. Surprised you didn't mention Kyle Anglin.

Last edited:
The collabs are mainly put together by the boutique. LOL those jobs were filled before he got his current gig. At least for the top two. UA don't do casual wear. Vans and Converse? Really? that's a low blow. Surprised you didn't mention Kyle Anglin.

Yeah that's a bunch of stuff from left field there...I really don't see what all this "janitor at Nike" business is and the fascination. Nike is not some unicorn, IMO they have survived on severe mediocrity. The thing that has propelled them? MARKETING!! Not advanced products...new age materials? Plastics? Come on now... I'd take my Alamo K II's over some fkyknit crap or my genuine tumbled leather 305 Wade's over "Megafuse" LeBrons.

Yeah that's a bunch of stuff from left field there...I really don't see what all this "janitor at Nike" business is and the fascination. Nike is not some unicorn, IMO they have survived on severe mediocrity. The thing that has propelled them? MARKETING!! Not advanced products...new age materials? Plastics? Come on now... I'd take my Alamo K II's over some fkyknit crap or my genuine tumbled leather 305 Wade's over "Megafuse" LeBrons.

Agreed. Nike/JB lives on advertising - a lot of it free via guys like Nick Young. The hype, the "story telling" behind colourways, the "limited" releases and so on - they just do it better than everyone else right now. They sell their tech (Fuse, Hyperwhatever and so on) as well or better than Reebok used to with Pump and Hexalight.

Obviously they tap into nostalgia with some of their retros (primarily Jordans), and they're doing it a lot better than Reebok are. That might be the fault of adidas, it might be the fault of the Reebok head guys (like whoever thought changing the logo and really pushing Crossfit was the way forward).

It's the way it is right now. Reebok seem to be unable to focus in either their "tech" space (with their new logo stuff) or the Classic space. Every now & then it looks like Classic is going to be really well organised, but then we get unpublished releases, releases that get announced then cancelled for no explained reason, and baffling "retro+" CWs. Like Trent, Vood and others have said in many of the Reebok threads, there are guys who post here who could run the PR and marketing side of Reebok a lot better than anyone is doing right now!

Can some please honestly explain to me why is the Alamo pair so popular, I am really out of any clues. Its coming out again BTW.

@trentbg you're a OG only guy unless...you can get a new c'way for $30 or less LOL. So of course you not going to like it. Why people like those Alamos? Maybe because it was limited. Maybe because of the quality. Maybe because of the c'way, which matches good with that 96 All star jersey. One of those reasons mentioned or a combination of all of them. Hey, this was a shoe that even some Nike ONLY guys liked. So it's all good IMHO

Can some please honestly explain to me why is the Alamo pair so popular, I am really out of any clues. Its coming out again BTW.
I can only speak for myself (obviously) but other than being a fan of Kemp growing up & the Kamikaze II silhouette (copped 4 colors) I always liked the white version of the '96 ASG jersey much more than the teal & the combo looks great together imo. The quality is nice too of course.

Where did you hear about them releasing again? That surprises me. It's cool that people who missed out in '13 will have another chance though. I heard they were limited to 1K pair.

trentbg trentbg I'm not one to judge you because you are veteran here very knowledgeable with reebok, and I applaud you. I am of fan of rta due you have a link to the source or where did you get your info. keep up your hard work

Info is straight from SNS and Packer, they will be part of the Token 38.
Thanks to all of the guys replying to my question, to sum it, I guess is the limited and the colorway that matches the ASG jerseys. I gusset WhathehadasSole knows me the best, I am OG only, every color plus has to be really cheap for me to buy it, and the fact that they put that chily pepper instead of the Vector, really made me not lime these. But I see all the young kids liking them a lot, so that's why I was wondering.

Retail will be at least $125 this year unfortunately, but at least they are coming out again, will get a second pair for sure. 

I may go for a 2nd pair myself, sell the DS pair I picked up in Dec.. Only because I won an auction that was a size up. It would have cost me like $275 more to go TTS, which I wouldn't have done. I think I only paid $30 over retail. I was happy to pay that 18 months after release.

Retail will be at least $125 this year unfortunately, but at least they are coming out again, will get a second pair for sure. 
They were $160 last release. I even double checked on Packer. 

@trentbg  Any chance this will be a different version, same RTA concept? That would be interesting.

I was talking about the OG Sonics colorway, they were $99 but expect a lot more this time. 

The alamos have always looked like trash to me

Nobody would like um if they werent limited

I rather wear prowings with an authentic upper made of *** hair than those gimmicky alamo shoes

Alamos are pretty nice honestly. I like the color blocking. The fact how their the most hyped kami is what probably what I don't like about it.

Reebok need to release more colorways of lows btw

The alamos have always looked like trash to me

Nobody would like um if they werent limited

I rather wear prowings with an authentic upper made of *** hair than those gimmicky alamo shoes
I like the funky colorway /shrug
Kamikaze 2s are my favorite shoe and I've bought Jordans for over 300

Alamos!?

OG Sonics!?

:lol: had to use this gif

And I can't speak for others, but I want RTAs because they are dope. I've always thought so since pics first surfaced. I hate that they were limited. RTAs were executed perfectly, same way I feel about this years ASG Ewings.

Back
Top Bottom