Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Did a phone order for Swingmans from Nike Mall of America, 10.5. They have 4 szs left. Should be here by Friday. OD excited.

NemoMC3 wrote:

I apologize sincerely but I gotta have my ex-wife Oprah SMH at all at you so called "Collectors" for passing up on that Dunkman with the Halo on the logo.
frown.gif
frown.gif

I have 3 pairs of Dunkmans here (2 pairs with Halo and 1 without). The ones with the Halo's were the ones from the "sample run" that didnt get destroyed and somehow "magically" ended up in the public hands. The pairs that have the "Double Swingman" logo on em are a bit LIGHTER overall in color than the ones without the Halo (the pairs made for the public after the sample got approved).

(3 month old pic of the "Sample Run" that most Nike VIPs and select sneaker bloggers recieved early---pic from SneakerNews.com)

There wont be too many pairs popping up with "Halos" on the Dunkman logo after the restock happens so for all of us that copped with a HALO and for those that might find a pair for their "Collection", dont forget to do one thing ...

...#StuntLikeKanye

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

This has got to be a joke. Where exactly did you get this info? Every pair I've seen is identical in shade, regardless of the logo.

^
laugh.gif
I swear Nemo is like clone of gottisp (hehateme
nerd.gif
) except I find Nemo funny.
Edit: Thethrill, check your pm homie.

I think Finishline do more sales with running shoes, they're not called Finishline for nothing, get it, finish line of a race.
grin.gif
The other stores alike carries the bigger basketball lines so they cater more to running gear.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by nimhet

if only the Dunkman's had a green swoosh and green laces. They would have been a sure cop then but since they aren't, probably just money saved for me.

That was my only knock on the dunkmans was the swoosh, I will still try to cop tomorrow regardless but I really wish the swoosh was green
They really needed to do something different with the Swoosh.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Did a phone order for Swingmans from Nike Mall of America, 10.5. They have 4 szs left. Should be here by Friday. OD excited.

Phone number?

vfae nfjqebGJKQELGHQ4l!

busy cpl days and forgot all about these... Ill setlle for any of the 3 @ this point
30t6p3b.gif

Mangos r everywhere in bmore. Seems like urban accounts got the mangos in addition to Footaction.

Originally Posted by rawdawg34

And Nemo, I am not a collector anymore so I could care less about that halo. In fact I have been to a few stores this week where they had more with the halo than without. So that sample statement while most likely true, doesn't really hold up. So what's the point?

I have been "collecting" kicks since the late 80s. What year were you born?
 I'm born in '82 and my pops got me into the "Shoe Culture", so I have tons of knowledge STOCKED here due to the fact that I grew up with this. (Over 20 years plus of copping dating back to when the "FINGERHUT" catalog sold Reeboks yo!!) 

Now lets discuss this "Logo" error and why ya'll "Collectors" should be all over it --

Nike RARELY admits to mistakes and RARELY let sample specs hit the public hands. That LOGO is from the sample run  that was produced when NIKE had the idea of releasing this years Dunkman with the Swingman as a pack, but since the Dunkman is a yearly shoe they prolly nixed that idea during the middle of production, which would leave those early pairs of Dunkmans with the "Swingman" logo to be destroyed.

They didnt get destroyed and being that the shoes were sent out to vendors months ago and distributed amongst retailers already. I assume Nike decided to let ride cause its senseless to call back over 15k -25k sneakers to pull 800 -1000 pairs due to an error.

The most RECENT example for this I can think of off the top of my head is the Draft Day Kobe IV', in which the 1st run of shoes was produced and sold to the public with the WRONG draft date on em, and most of us know how that one went lol  --

(^^Nike ERROR with wrong date)

49171120761062546510289.jpg

(^^Nike's 2nd run with correct date)

...So if you didnt copp a pair with a HALO but got home and realized what was happening just remember this for next time ...

Please dont be SALTY cause YOU passed on em.

Everyone has the right to choose what pair of kicks they want to rock, I chose the pairs with the Logo error cause out of ALL of my homies who grabbed Dunkmans, I'll be that guy with the different Logo on the heel, some of us just want to stand out and have that "lil extra on top" - Hope this makes sense and apologies for ranting lol

Originally Posted by NemoMC3

And Nemo, I am not a collector anymore so I could care less about that halo. In fact I have been to a few stores this week where they had more with the halo than without. So that sample statement while most likely true, doesn't really hold up. So what's the point?

I'm born in '82 and my pops got me into the "Shoe Culture", so I have tons of knowledge STOCKED here due to the fact that I grew up with this. (Over 20 years plus of copping dating back to when the "FINGERHUT" catalog sold Reeboks yo!!) 

Now lets discuss this "Logo" error and why ya'll "Collectors" should be all over it --

Nike RARELY admits to mistakes and RARELY let sample specs hit the public hands. That LOGO is from the sample run  that was produced when NIKE had the idea of releasing this years Dunkman with the Swingman as a pack, but since the Dunkman is a yearly shoe they prolly nixed that idea during the middle of production, which would leave those early pairs of Dunkmans with the "Swingman" logo to be destroyed.

They didnt get destroyed and being that the shoes were sent out to vendors months ago and distributed amongst retailers already. I assume Nike decided to let ride cause its senseless to call back over 15k -25k sneakers to pull 800 -1000 pairs due to an error.

The most RECENT example for this I can think of off the top of my head is the Draft Day Kobe IV', in which the 1st run of shoes was produced and sold to the public with the WRONG draft date on em, and most of us know how that one went lol  --

...So if you didnt copp a pair with a HALO but got home and realized what was happening just remember this for next time ...

Everyone has the right to choose what pair of kicks they want to rock, I chose the pairs with the Logo error cause out of ALL of my homies who grabbed Dunkmans, I'll be that guy with the different Logo on the heel, some of us just want to stand out and have that "lil extra on top" - Hope this makes sense and apologies for ranting lol

Oh for real? *waits for you to begin listing pairs with the halo in the buy/sell forum for 500 like others have done....*Nice try thou maybe your on from an alt account to drum up hype for an error. So I suppose air Randy's JORQAN 11s should be more rare since it has a Q in it?

One of my local Champs already has some Summit Lakes.. Dont know how many pairs but if a Champs is getting these then they cant be anywhere near as limited or hard to get as the Big Bangs.. Hope I dont eat my words come RD but like I said, Idk of any Champs getting the Big Bangs, especially around here so they shouldnt be All Star release hectic.. All three of these cw's from last week are Ok to me, but nothing special

Originally Posted by thisizdray

Originally Posted by NemoMC3

Oh for real? *waits for you to begin listing pairs with the halo in the buy/sell forum for 500 like others have done....*Nice try thou maybe your on from an alt account to drum up hype for an error. So I suppose air Randy's JORQAN 11s should be more rare since it has a Q in it?

Your only convincing yourself with this fake hype and if pairs with and without the halo shipped to stores nationwide and in sure world wide went out it will a lot more then a few hundred pairs with the halo. It's a general release shoe with some halo and done without. Who cares. And for the colors. I have a pair with the halo that I didn't pick but was given to me and my boy has a pair without the halo and its the exact same shoe. Dudes trying to be exclusive with this halo thing is ridiculous. Rising sun 12's all over again. A shoe nobody wanted but once jb pulled the rising sun insole that's all anybody wanted and look at those prices now. Fail.

Anybody know any spots with Miami Nights sitting anywhere? Gotta pair of 10.5's but really need an 11 smh.. I know some ppl on here said some spots still had them around.. I know I called a champs in Cali somebody on here said still had them but only 8.5's.. I swear somebody said something about the Mall Of America having them too, anybody else know?

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

^
laugh.gif
I swear Nemo is like clone of gottisp (hehateme
nerd.gif
) except I find Nemo funny.
Edit: Thethrill, check your pm homie.

OhBoyDanny -  I'm just trying to make peeps laugh and have fun with something that I personally love and really think is beyond cool ( SHOES!!). I know some of us here collect for ourselves and some just copp to look good to get the chicks, but at the end of the day its just a SHOE. Some peeps get hella bent outta shape on here when situations dont go their way and they forget that this forum was made to DISCUSS things.

Almost all of us who post in here has a "Boy, a Homie, or a Dude" that hooks em up with info on releases so we can have that proverbial "upper-hand" in buying what we like without hassle. 

This "Dunkman Logo Error" has turned the Lebron Dunkman 9 that ALOT of you said was "an easy pass" into shoe that has pushed the thread count another 20 pages forward in a ONE day lol  -

I just think its funny how cats dont wanna admit that, but wanna bash some of us who WOULD like to PURCHASE the one with the error for our collections lol

thisizdray : I have no shoes in the BUY/SELL forum or on EBAY so your comment can be disregarded as you not having any knowledge -

Cosby6.gif

Please quit with all that #Soduim before you cause yourselves a heart attack !! lol
laugh.gif

And nemo using those Kobe 4 draft day as an example was another fail. We all know how that turned out indeed. 3 years later and resellers that bought multiple pairs just trying to get rid if them for retail now. Prices with both dates are now nearly the same price. Hype kills and all the dudes that rushed out to stores and bought up wrong date draft days should of just bought Enron stock. Check eBay. 140 bucks for draft days. End all this halo non halo crap.

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

And nemo using those Kobe 4 draft day as an example was another fail. We all know how that turned out indeed. 3 years later and resellers that bought multiple pairs just trying to get rid if them for retail now. Prices with both dates are now nearly the same price. Hype kills and all the dudes that rushed out to stores and bought up wrong date draft days should of just bought Enron stock. Check eBay. 140 bucks for draft days. End all this halo non halo crap.

First of all I didnt even bring it up, I just happen to be on it cause I think its COOL.

2nd - When those Draft Days came out with the "biff",  there was mad peeps copping them pairs for overboard prices so dont try refute facts, just calm down lol -

It's only a shoe and I'm sure when these SLH's drop and  peeps "magically" find random pairs with an extra lace set, you'll be the first in line with all the #SaltShakers in here looking  for pepper !!!
laugh.gif

Just saw a posting from Niketown Seattle and it's pretty much a full size still left (with the exception of 2-3 sizes). Also they're just sitting on shelves in smaller areas near by.

The fact is, no one is paying a premium for "halo" pairs. You can hype them up all you want, try to make your purchase seem all the more exclusive, but at the end of the day it's nonsense. Talking about a difference in the shade of colors? Please. If you're happy with them that's cool but don't try to pretend like they're some sought after limited run. Nike let them out there, it's not like they recalled them and the ones that made it out are now scarce.

You're literally just making things up. Different shades on the two Dunkmans? No. Extra laces for SLH's? No.

The thread jumped 20 pages because of the logo error?
roll.gif
Come on, 3 colorways released that had widespread appeal. Was there maybe some confusion over the logos? Sure. Does anyone seem to care other than you? Nah, not really.

Back
Top Bottom