:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers vs. Seattle Seahawks @ Candlestick 12/08:::

laugh.gif
  Refs hilarious so far
You don't even know the rules, though.

how can you say? you dont even know the rules.
roll.gif
let me guess you thought there was a technical foul on that play? or high stick? flagrant?
You didn't see Boldin throw Lane to the ground?  Because they replayed it.  So that you could see it.

Roughing the kicker.  Explain to me, dead serious.  No one really clarified the rule, I'm just going on what I've seen:

In gridiron footballroughing the kicker  is an action in which a defender, having missed an attempt to block a kick, tackles the kicker or otherwise runs into the kicker in a way that might injure the kicker or his vulnerable extended kicking leg. This protection is also extended to the holder of a place kick. It is a separate penalty from "running into the kicker."[sup][1][/sup]

The penalty for such a violation in most leagues is 15 yards and an automatic first down. When such a violation occurs, the team about to surrender possession via a punt  will retain its possession as a result. If the violation occurs when a successful field goal  is kicked, the yardage is assessed on the ensuing kickoff.[sup][2][/sup]

Such protections are also extended to the holder  during field goal kicks; the penalty for roughing the holder  is identical.

As I understand, if the kick is blocked it's a judgement call as to whether or not the contact with the kicker was preventable and therefore a penalty.

The nerve of Seahawks fans are complaining about not getting calls?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Roughing the kicker?

:rofl:

Asking for a hold?

If they called the game correctly every game, the Seahawks defense would have more penalty yards than you do offensive yards

Last edited:
Was hoping Pete would use the timeouts on that last drive there but it's whatevs. We've got to clean up on the penalties cause that is a main chunk of their yards, at the moment.

no. if the ball gets blocked, everything is fair game

...i was going to get a very condescending answer, but i was feeling nice

Last edited:
^^^^^
Considering how few and far between the Seahawks have been good I dont blame that you dont know how the rule works

Last edited:
You didn't see Boldin throw Lane to the ground?  Because they replayed it.  So that you could see it.

Roughing the kicker.  Explain to me, dead serious.  No one really clarified the rule, I'm just going on what I've seen:

In gridiron football
roughing the kicker is an action in which a defender, having missed an attempt to block a kick, tackles the kicker or otherwise runs into the kicker in a way that might injure the kicker or his vulnerable extended kicking leg. This protection is also extended to the holder of a place kick. It is a separate penalty from "running into the kicker
."
[SUP][1]
[/SUP]

The penalty for such a violation in most leagues is 15 yards and an automatic first down. When such a violation occurs, the team about to surrender possession via a punt
 will retain its possession as a result. If the violation occurs when a successful field goal
 is kicked, the yardage is assessed on the ensuing kickoff.[SUP][2]
[/SUP]

Such protections are also extended to the holder
 during field goal kicks; the penalty for roughing the holder is identical.

roughing the kicker is an action in which a defender, having missed an attempt to block a kick...

He didn't miss...

Bad play call and bad read.

yup. dont agree with the playcall, but kap made the wrong read. 3rd and 2 ill take the half back dive out of the pro set than that pistol read option bs. never been a fan of it. :smh:

i want to see more touches for kendall.

Last edited:
no. if the ball gets blocked, everything is fair game

...i was going to get a very condescending answer, but i was feeling nice
Thanks.  Frankly, it's just not that common of a call.

Or maybe I shouldn't bother making excuses for just not knowing the rule 

Pssh...Saw your original post. I don't need niceties.

Should of just kept that kindergarten comeback. It aligns with your argument M.O.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom