Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

These GR Shadow Originals on PYS are pretty nice ... for $65 shipped, might have to pick some up

I copped the navy blues as Feature LV for 70 the other day, MOST COMFORTABLE shoes i own

Anyone comment on sizing? Might be picking up a pair of 6000's soon. I'm a 12.5 in most jordans if that helps.

Damn, I thought the shadow 5 would sit...

I was hoping to find em at a discount,,,

Last edited:

Sadly, this won't be happening much anymore. Kith started selling Saucony today, so beast mode has been initiated.  Also people are hopping aboard before the West NYC collab comes out so they can say stuff like "I was into Saucony before everyone else" 
mean.gif

Call up Packer Shoes,  I think they received Saucony x Bodega Collabs in the past.  Maybe they can give you some info on when/if they might be getting them

Sadly, this won't be happening much anymore. Kith started selling Saucony today, so beast mode has been initiated.  Also people are hopping aboard before the West NYC collab comes out so they can say stuff like "I was into Saucony before everyone else" 
mean.gif

Call up Packer Shoes,  I think they received Saucony x Bodega Collabs in the past.  Maybe they can give you some info on when/if they might be getting them

Seriously? LMFAO.

Wait, are you guys saying that those G9 sold out already? Wow, They're pretty ugly IMO

Whoever's looking for them might wanna check Extra Butter. I think they're getting them

Seriously? LMFAO.

Wait, are you guys saying that those G9 sold out already? Wow, They're pretty ugly IMO

Whoever's looking for them might wanna check Extra Butter. I think they're getting them
They are selling out in most sizes at the first couple places that got them. I ordered my pair in the Blue/Grey Shadow 6's size 10. Can't wait for them to come in, still rockin' my Saucony x Bodega pairs from their last collab on the regular, even got a pair on ice 
smokin.gif
 I really don't like the Shadow 5's color way on these ones at all but that's just me. Im sure as other places drop these they will be pretty easy to acquire and will sit certain places, may even be able to get them at a discount (presidents day sale, etc.)

mean.gif

your assessment is right on and pretty sad for sure... First it was New Balance, then Asics, now Saucony is the next to fall victim to the ridiculousness.  It's super frustrating - we're literally watching it almost transform from release to release and with Kith now giving Saucony's the co-sign, it's a wrap for the way things have been for people like most of us here who have been at least casual fans of the brand for the past couple of years.

Last edited:
your assessment is right on and pretty sad for sure... First it was New Balance, then Asics, now Saucony is the next to fall victim to the ridiculousness.  It's super frustrating - we're literally watching it almost transform from release to release and with Kith now giving Saucony's the co-sign, it's a wrap for the way things have been for people like most of us here who have been at least casual fans of the brand for the past couple of years.

I fell what you are saying but I think it's more people being driven away from Nike/JB. Myself I'm tired of buying uninspired retreads and poor quality Jordans. Hell I think Jordan Brand is the main culprit. They have become a joke to me. I've always bought different brands but I confess I'm new to Saucony. Frankly what draws me to NB and Saucony is not the limited stuff but the "GR" releases that are dope and of high quality. I usually fail at getting anything limited no matter what brand so you don't have to worry about me for competition....8)

new pickup ^_^

What model and when were these released? Sorta learning the Saucony ropes. Thanks in advance.

Never mind figured it out. Solebox x Saucony.

Solebox just released the second part of the 3 brothers collab. As of now, there's a FSR for the 3 colors with a total price of $170 to the US (might be less IF they take out the VAT - 20%)

I fell what you are saying but I think it's more people being driven away from Nike/JB. Myself I'm tired of buying uninspired retreads and poor quality Jordans. Hell I think Jordan Brand is the main culprit. They have become a joke to me. I've always bought different brands but I confess I'm new to Saucony. Frankly what draws me to NB and Saucony is not the limited stuff but the "GR" releases that are dope and of high quality. I usually fail at getting anything limited no matter what brand so you don't have to worry about me for competition....
glasses.gif
yeah I'm basically in the same boat as you - I've gone through so many phases through the years, going from focusing on Dunks, to AF1's, back to Jordans, back to Air Max's, and up until like 2009 almost EVERYTHING I copped had typically been Nike/JB.  But you're right, it's definitely Jordan Brand that's pushing lots of people away - it's almost like they're squandering all the goodwill and hard core fans they've built up over the years for the quick dollar with beasts...  I mean it makes business sense to drop quality and up production when you have such a high demand - pump out as many pairs as cheaply as possible, then start pushing the boundaries of what people will pay when you start seeing resell prices DOUBLE your MSRP.

But then JB loses people like you and me to the companies out there that still cater to the core fan base, still have the same standards and quality, and still maintain their "integrity" to some extent (I'm really talking about New Balance here, but Asics and Saucony as well, although they don't have quite the same "ideological" underpinnings - "Made in USA," still by hand, etc.. - as New Balance).  It's not so much being worried about competition - I want to see dudes like you get the sneakers they want - it's the entire culture that surrounds it and how companies react to it.  I think when fans of these sneakers start sensing the possibility of brands like Saucony getting caught up in the beast hype machine and even remotely going the way of Jordan Brand (as ridiculous a notion as that might be), it's easy to get defensive.  I feel like people already see it happening with New Balances and their collaboration releases over the past year or 2, even though we all know New Balance (and Saucony) would never follow the same fate as Jordan Brand...

....  It's not so much being worried about competition - I want to see dudes like you get the sneakers they want - it's the entire culture that surrounds it and how companies react to it....
Couldn't have said it better.

Do you guys know if West NYC or any other places in the Manhattan area would have GR Sauconys? I've never tried any on and want to do so before buying

Back
Top Bottom