Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

My navy offsprings fit to big on me. Went tts, a 12, and there's so much room
mean.gif

Love them but going to have to let them go.
I felt the same way about my size 12. Keep wearing them, they'll start fitting better. 

My main beef with the shoe are the laces. They are too long and just look like crap overall. I don't want to put ropes in, but some quality flats. Maybe I will take the flats from my ATC Wilmbeldon 2s and throw them in their, but I'd rather not use white laces on them. 

Last edited:

I felt the same way about my size 12. Keep wearing them, they'll start fitting better. 

My main beef with the shoe are the laces. They are too long and just look like crap overall. I don't want to put ropes in, but some quality flats. Maybe I will take the flats from my ATC Wilmbeldon 2s and throw them in their, but I'd rather not use white laces on them. 
Don't get me started on the laces.  Mine are different lengths in each shoe.  I contacted both Saucony and WOEI, who I purchased them from.  Saucony says they don't stock laces at all and can't help me.  WOEI didn't even respond.  I ordered 3 different shades of grey laces online and I hope one of them is a perfect match, but aftermarket laces are never the same quality IMO.

Don't get me started on the laces.  Mine are different lengths in each shoe.  I contacted both Saucony and WOEI, who I purchased them from.  Saucony says they don't stock laces at all and can't help me.  WOEI didn't even respond.  I ordered 3 different shades of grey laces online and I hope one of them is a perfect match, but aftermarket laces are never the same quality IMO.
The left shoe's laces are too long.

I don't know, the quality of laces that those shoes came with are complete ***. Any shoe lace you put in them will be an upgrade. They are like $0.99 store laces. 

Last edited:

The left shoe's laces are too long.

I don't know, the quality of laces that those shoes came with are complete ***. Any shoe lace you put in them will be an upgrade. They are like $0.99 store laces. 
Wow, this is a known issue??  I must have missed that.  Just hoping I can get a decent color match.

My navy offsprings fit to big on me. Went tts, a 12, and there's so much room :smh:

Have you tried adding another insole? I do that with mine since I wasn't able to grab my correct size during release.

Wow, this is a known issue??  I must have missed that.  Just hoping I can get a decent color match.

I don't think it's known, it's just that these laces drive me nuts and nearly ruin the shoe for me. They should have put some effort into them. Just a little.

I don't really like the whole idea of having to do a bunch of stuff just to wear a shoe.
I'm weird but i don't like changing anything on the shoes. Laces, insoles and such. Either it goes well the way it is or I let it go, I've let a lot of things go because of it.

Have you tried adding another insole? I do that with mine since I wasn't able to grab my correct size during release.
I used to have to do that back in the days when my mom would buy me shoes with "growing room".  I'd put a thin plain insole cut to size under the one that came in the shoes to make them fit more snug.

I don't really like the whole idea of having to do a bunch of stuff just to wear a shoe.
I'm weird but i don't like changing anything on the shoes. Laces, insoles and such. Either it goes well the way it is or I let it go, I've let a lot of things go because of it.
Oh, I swap laces all the time.  Some shoes are worth the hassle and can even look better!

I was 10 when it was all so simple, Couldn't cop RL but picked up the 36 chambers later on after phasing out STP, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Sonic Youth, and the rest of Seattle "Grundge" era. There for I never got to peep the video, and pretty much found out cuz a packer there is a video. Thanks Packer?

In other news I picked up something I've been looking for that I missed on. 24 KILATES Shadow Original 'MAR' for $120 shipped off the bay.

I'm jelly

It's not about making it popular, he made it what it is. It wouldn't be a thing if it wasn't for Rae and Wu. There wouldn't be a shoe or anything else like that. Without Rae it would have been a failed jacket on clearance. 

BE THAT AS IT MAY---when you bought the jacket Ralph made money off it, not Rae. It's from his line, therefore he created it. You are speaking figuratively and I'm speaking literally. Ralph LITERALLY made/designed the jacket. Rae wore it in said video and the rest is history. It ain't like Ralph reached out and was like "a yo Rae I need your help moving this jacket, could you wear it in a video for me? Thank, man! You'll receive a certain percentage from every purchase made etc. "

So, Again, Rae made it popular; he did not "make it." If he did, he woulda received some of the profits from its purchases which I highly doubt he did (though it would've been really awesome of Ralph). But I mean when u think about it how many brands were made popular because of hip hop?? How much money did they get? Don't even get me started on that....

Don't get me wrong tho, figuratively speaking I agree with you---Rae made that jacket what it is, Just Blaze brought it back out to some of the newer generations.

My navy offsprings fit to big on me. Went tts, a 12, and there's so much room
mean.gif

I went TTS on the LOM's and they feel a little bigger than I like even with my thick as hell old man orthotics.  Would like to sell them but I already took the white laces out of the baggie so I'm not sure if I can sell them on ebay as new?

On another note I love the Packer Snow Beach's but even though I was a Lo Head at 15 in 1993 I didn't know Rae's jacket was Polo until about 5 years ago as I never saw it in-store in Toronto. 

Great to have a good spread of Saucony drops this weekend. It'll even out the hype and hopefully make it easier for both parties to cop. No one here wants both packers and bdgas do they?

Great to have a good spread of Saucony drops this weekend. It'll even out the hype and hopefully make it easier for both parties to cop. No one here wants both packers and bdgas do they?
Nahh, just bodegas

Thanks for at least sharing that. I now know to look for those LOM in an 11.5 instead of a 12.
And I think i just may let these go. I'm to picky with my shoes.

Back
Top Bottom