Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

trying to cop a play cloth shadow 5000. i hear to run a half size down. im usually a 12. but i can only find a 12 or 11.....

any help on sizing for the shadow 5000 would be a great help!

trying to cop a play cloth shadow 5000. i hear to run a half size down. im usually a 12. but i can only find a 12 or 11.....

go for the 12. no way you can go full size down. i have one pair of 5k's TTS and they're not bad

depends what the 12 is in but i would say go for 12 and have them run a tad big and they run a little narrow for me.  I dont think a full sz down is going to help u

LPU, love 'em even more in person.

Last edited:
I think those Baboochka shadows are dope and will cop. Most people saying pass will cop anyway just like they did with packer and bdga. The jazz are just silly though. A grown man can't wear them sh*ts.

Got the Strange Fruit in purple after making sure it wasn't a Billie Holliday reference. I still think they should have gone with another name for the pack, but at least now I know I'm not going to be wearing some shoes with proceeds going to some obscure hate group.

Man in the days before the internet was popular this sort of thing would have killed a company. The Hilfiger is racist rumors pretty much brought an end to that crest Tommy rode in the early to mid 90s, then there was those shoes that LL Cool J was a spokesperson for in the late 80s Troop, rumors of them being a KKK owned company basically killed the company (that and they were trying too hard to riff off of NYC Style and just not getting that you can't fake it)

Got the Strange Fruit in purple after making sure it wasn't a Billie Holliday reference. I still think they should have gone with another name for the pack, but at least now I know I'm not going to be wearing some shoes with proceeds going to some obscure hate group.

Play Cloths is black owned.

Up until this release I'd never had a reason to look them up and see what they were all about. I've been mildly interested in the previous releases they've done with Saucony and based on the color blocking for some reason always just thought it was an obscure Asia based company.

Pretty sure it is, but I don't see the reason for them hastaging pusha T on the release teasers and on release day or playing his song "strange fruits" for the video

Last edited:
Pretty sure it is, but I don't see the reason for them hastaging pusha T on the release teasers and on release day or playing his song "strange fruits" for the video

First of all I think you're talking about the kanye song blood on the leaves which has a sample of a Billie holiday song called strange fruit. They hashtag push because he is one of the owners of play cloths. And as far as I could tell they didn't play that song on any official play cloths messages. Just a few retail outlets who made that leap. They actually officially denied the project being inspired by or connected to the Billie holiday song.

I have the purple pair in my cart from packer but I just cant pull the trigger yet , ive never owned a pair of saucony I really like the Play Cloths pack but I just cant do it for some reason lol

Those Play Clothes are trash.

Breaking out my second pair of these today. My first pair is BEAT from a several nights on the town bar hopping. That's exactly what's in store for these tonight. 

Back
Top Bottom