Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

how is the quality of the materials on play cloth's strange fruit pack?  was their previous cotton candy pack really that bad?

DIDN'T REALIZE BAIT WAS IN LA!!!

:lol: called up some homegirls to run by tomorrow to see if they can reserve. Only thing is she won't be able to get by there until like 12. You guys think the demand for these is crazy?? Will all reservations get bought up within minutes?

I'm new to their collabs, that's why I'm asking. I don't want her to waste her time/money

DIDN'T REALIZE BAIT WAS IN LA!!!

laugh.gif
called up some homegirls to run by tomorrow to see if they can reserve. Only thing is she won't be able to get by there until like 12. You guys think the demand for these is crazy?? Will all reservations get bought up within minutes?

I'm new to their collabs, that's why I'm asking. I don't want her to waste her time/money
If there last Asics Nippon release is any indicator it should not be a problem picking these up. But then again I could be wrong.

I am new to Saucony and honestly I am mostly a Nike/Asics runner guy. I purchased the Bait x Asics pack a while back and was absolutely disgusted with the quality. How were Bait's last few Saucony collabs quality? Is it on a general release level, or can I expect a higher standard?

I'm digging those blue ones. Any info on those? I have some Vegan's, but don't have any Collab Saucony's. Most of mine are Asics.

Those are charcoal/grey. There's a fourth color, navy/grey as well though. These just dropped overseas and can be found on a few websites. I'm hesitating on them cuz I just spent a ton on shoes lol. These will come out to around $140 after shipping.

Quote:

I am new to Saucony and honestly I am mostly a Nike/Asics runner guy. I purchased the Bait x Asics pack a while back and was absolutely disgusted with the quality. How were Bait's last few Saucony collabs quality? Is it on a general release level, or can I expect a higher standard?
was lucky enough to cancel my order for that pack once reviews came out.  But the past 2 Saucony "Cruel World" collabs used vegan materials so it was canvas, hemp, cork insoles, and synthetic stuff not premium suede or leather like they're using on this one.  I remember a lot of people were really underwhelmed with the CW2, personally I liked them but the Shadow OG is one of my favorite silhouettes anyway.  You gotta be careful with the Bait filter cus their other asics "Phantom Lagoons" were completely different in hand too.  If you're on the fence then you might wanna wait until unfiltered pics come out and hit other shops.  You can find most of their collabs at retail on the secondary market, don't think these are gonna be much different.

Last edited:
Quote:
was lucky enough to cancel my order for that pack once reviews came out.  But the past 2 Saucony "Cruel World" collabs used vegan materials so it was canvas, hemp, cork insoles, and synthetic stuff not premium suede or leather like they're using on this one.  I remember a lot of people were really underwhelmed with the CW2, personally I liked them but the Shadow OG is one of my favorite silhouettes anyway.  You gotta be careful with the Bait filter cus their other asics "Phantom Lagoons" were completely different in hand too.  If you're on the fence then you might wanna wait until unfiltered pics come out and hit other shops.  You can find most of their collabs at retail on the secondary market, don't think these are gonna be much different.
Awesome thanks for your response

I'm digging those blue ones. Any info on those? I have some Vegan's, but don't have any Collab Saucony's. Most of mine are Asics.
Those are charcoal/grey. There's a fourth color, navy/grey as well though. These just dropped overseas and can be found on a few websites. I'm hesitating on them cuz I just spent a ton on shoes lol. These will come out to around $140 after shipping.
Thanks. They looked like a slate blue to me - guess I was wrong.  Do you have any of the sites where you saw them?

I think the whole strange fruit/Billie Holliday thing is so stupid. Like a company WOULDNT know about that. They obviously meant it in their own context. Stupid people just like to ***** about anything.

i don't see an issue with the "strange fruits" name.  it promotes awareness to American racism, lynching, history, whatnot.  the youtube video "Billie Holiday - Strange Fruit" was kind of cool too.  early jazz stuff. 

Guess that means we need to be on the :nerd:  for Bait emails.

no emails until wednesday---idk if that was also on their blog post but they updated it today.

My dilemma is if I get the email it'd be cheaper for to purchase online (free shipping) :lol: but I know this homegirl--if I hit her with the "nah I don't need you to pick them up" I'd never hear the end of it :lol: :lol: :smh:

no emails until wednesday---idk if that was also on their blog post but they updated it today.

My dilemma is if I get the email it'd be cheaper for to purchase online (free shipping)
laugh.gif
but I know this homegirl--if I hit her with the "nah I don't need you to pick them up" I'd never hear the end of it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
mean.gif
FYI, Bait charges shipping on their collabs.  Usually 8 dollars.  They even charge me tax in NY, even though they don't have a physical store in the state.  Might as well let your homegirl get em, sometimes they throw in something extra for instore purchases.

i don't see an issue with the "strange fruits" name.  it promotes awareness to American racism, lynching, history, whatnot.  the youtube video "Billie Holiday - Strange Fruit" was kind of cool too.  early jazz stuff. 
Thanks for the link to the pack, copped.

I had not heard of the poem "Strange Fruit" until this sneaker pack released. Those of you who have not read/heard the poem outside of the Kanye lyrics, I urge you to read the piece. Very moving.

Back
Top Bottom