Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

Finally picked up my Bait CW5s from UPS, and I'm really liking them. Some excess glue around the medial midsole on one shoe, but not that noticeable. I'll definitely be wearing them tomorrow, and I can't wait to see how they look outside in the sun. I'll probably post a pic if I can get an "artistic" enough shot to do them justice.

One quick question - other than Extra Butter, what other shops have done special packaging for their Saucony collabs? Sorta disappointed that Bait never goes that extra step for the $$$ they charge...

So, since everyone should have their Bait CW5s by now,  if you got your normal TTS in 6000s, would you have gone .5 down if given the opportunity again? If you went .5 down, are they too snug for your liking, perfect, or you would have gone to your TTS? Kinda tough when I don't have them side-by-side.  Really torn on whether selling mine and going .5 down or just keeping them. Concerned going down that they'll will be too snug...

BTW, I wear normal socks, I rarely wear thin Stance socks.

Nice YouTube of Sneakergrandpa, too. Never heard of dude; he has some nice sneaks tho

Last edited:
So, since everyone should have their Bait CW5s by now,  if you got your TTS, would you have gone .5 down if given the opportunity again? If you went .5 down, are they too snug for your liking, perfect, or you would have gone to your TTS? Kinda tough when I don't have them side-by-side.  Really torn on whether selling mine and going .5 down or just keeping them. Concerned going down that they'll will be too snug...

Nice YouTube of Sneakergrandpa, too. Never heard of dude; he has some nice sneaks tho

I went .5 down from my usual 10 because my only other 6ks were huuuuge on me when I went with 10s. The 9.5 CW5s fit great, maybe even still a bit big, but I was wearing some thin-***** stance socks when I tried them on earlier. In thick socks, they should fit perfect.

Hope that helps!

So, since everyone should have their Bait CW5s by now,  if you got your TTS, would you have gone .5 down if given the opportunity again? If you went .5 down, are they too snug for your liking, perfect, or you would have gone to your TTS? Kinda tough when I don't have them side-by-side.  Really torn on whether selling mine and going .5 down or just keeping them. Concerned going down that they'll will be too snug...

I went .5 down from my usual 10 because my only other 6ks were huuuuge on me when I went with 10s. The 9.5 CW5s fit great, maybe even still a bit big, but I was wearing some thin-***** stance socks when I tried them on earlier. In thick socks, they should fit perfect.

Hope that helps!
I actually edited my post after your response. I guess adding  "normal TTS Shadown 6000" as reference helps make my question a little less ambiguous. lol. Thanks 

Hope that helps!

I think I agree with this. My measured size is 8.5 and I normally go half size down to 8's in shadow 6000's. When I tried them on in-store, I asked if I could try a 7.5 but they didn't have any more. While they do feel a tad bigger/longer than my other 6000's, they're still wearable.

These are dope.

So, since everyone should have their Bait CW5s by now,  if you got your normal TTS in 6000s, would you have gone .5 down if given the opportunity again? If you went .5 down, are they too snug for your liking, perfect, or you would have gone to your TTS? Kinda tough when I don't have them side-by-side.  Really torn on whether selling mine and going .5 down or just keeping them. Concerned going down that they'll will be too snug...

BTW, I wear normal socks, I rarely wear thin Stance socks.

Im a TTS 12 and i got a sz 12 in the CW5s.  I was woried they would be too big but they are great. Typically i like a slighttly snug fit. These are a bit larger than my normal wears but definitely wearable. Looking back, I am glad i didnt go 11.5 because they would be too small imo

I echo what jorddiem jorddiem said. It's almost an in between size. They are slightly loose but not annoying with heel slippage. However My Big toe is practically at the very end of the shoe which concerns me going a half size down (I'm normally an 11). It would be nice to try a 10.5 to just see. But again my TTS fits just fine.

Now that I have a pair with a leather sockliner I want all collabs to use it. Cream leather interior would have been amazing on those Ubiq ATs...

I think that Ubiq has done a good job with the collab and they are my local shop (well I'm in DE) this is gonna be a game time decision for me.

I think drug references are cliché, and hate all shoes based on them because its an easy sell and concept...but the kushwhackers are unbelievably sexy.

Back
Top Bottom