Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

Went to the outlets today and my Saucony store is closing everything was 70% off. There wasn't anything worth wild of picking up sad to see it closing.

Went to the outlets today and my Saucony store is closing everything was 70% off. There wasn't anything worth wild of picking up sad to see it closing.
Which outlets?

Also, just sniped a pair of NDS Rise "Keys" off ebay - $65 shipped. Pumped to finally get them!

I've only owned one pair of Sauconys(Shadow 5000s) and those fit a little bigger than TTS.  The pair of Grid 9000s were a 10.5 so I hopefully it'll work out.

Will just remove the insoles if need be.

EDIT: If they fit like ZX Fluxes, a full size down would probably been best as those run pretty big, but I could use the extra space as a wide footer.

Last edited:
I've only owned one pair of Sauconys(Shadow 5000s) and those fit a little bigger than TTS.  The pair of Grid 9000s were a 10.5 so I hopefully it'll work out.

Will just remove the insoles if need be.

EDIT: If they fit like ZX Fluxes, a full size down would probably been best as those run pretty big, but I could use the extra space as a wide footer.

Yeah, I have very wide feet due to awful bunyons. I wear 9.5 in 6Ks, 9Ks, ZX, EQT, Reebok Ventilators. 10 in AJ, Nike, non-leather lined 5K, Shadow Original, UBs, Diadora, Brooks, Asics Gel Saga. 10.5 in AM1, GL3, GL5.

I'll only do sz 10 in 9Ks and 6Ks if it's a rare pair at a great price now. Otherwise, I'll always try to buy 9.5s.

I actually go .5 DOWN from my Shadow 5K/Jordan/Nike size on both Grid 9Ks & Shadow 6Ks (which is a full size down from AM1/GL3/GL5). They're the same as my Adidas EQT/ZX Flux size.

I would never recommend going up at all on 9Ks or 6Ks. TTS are a little big as is.
How many pairs do you own?  All of my 9k's seem to fit different, TBH.  I have some that are uncomfortably small in my true size, while others are swimming on me, and a few are perfect.  I quit buying 9k's as a result of inconsistent sizing.

How many pairs do you own?  All of my 9k's seem to fit different, TBH.  I have some that are uncomfortably small in my true size, while others are swimming on me, and a few are perfect.  I quit buying 9k's as a result of inconsistent sizing.
I probably have 6 or 7 9Ks, maybe 8-10 6Ks, a handful of 5Ks, a few Shadow OGs, a couple Jazz, one or two Courageous. And a few hybrids like G9 Shadow 6, Grid 8500s, etc.

It took me a few pairs of 9Ks before I figured out that the sz 10s were a bit big and that I should try a 9.5. Once I started buying 9.5s I'll never go back, unless like I said I can get a rare pair for a great price. Same with the hybrid pairs that have a 9K midsole, like the G9 Shadow 6. Those fit big on me, too. My guess is starting with the 5K model the footbed was broadened, and from then on .5 down is best.

Of course, leather lined stuff is always .5 down, regardless of the model. Like the 5K Bricks - I actually ordered both 9.5 & 10 to see which fit best, and ended up returning the 10s. The 9.5s fit great. Now with the Strange Fruit 5Ks (regular fabric sockliner) 10s fit perfect.

Last edited:
I wear a size 11 in 5k, 9k, Grid 8500, and Jazz.  Grid SD's are too small for me in size 11, I need to go a half size up on those, and Courageous is a bit too big in 11 (doable with thick socks) so I'll definitely go with 10.5 next time.

I wear a size 11 in 5k, 9k, Grid 8500, and Jazz.  Grid SD's are too small for me in size 11, I need to go a half size up on those, and Courageous is a bit too big in 11 (doable with thick socks) so I'll definitely go with 10.5 next time.
Is 11 your TTS?

Offsprings arrived a few weeks ago

Was on the fence about the Bricks but just decided to pick up a pair myself. I still wish they would have chosen any of the 3 other models they made samples of. They were all nicer imo...

Back
Top Bottom