Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

Couldn't care less about them lol, thought about getting the pink toes but I don't even want them anymore
laugh.gif
I'll tell you if the suede pack jazz is like this release, it might be time for me to find another brand after 10 years

nothing else happening for saucony releases and me and others are still looking to cop. it appears UK drops are delayed 

Before I shift gears, the mints showed up from rck today. Shipping might've cost $12, but that was pretty dang fast.
On to other business. This is a last ditch effort to get my kid a pair of these. I've been searching since mother's day. I've contacted Saucony on a few different occasions, all fruitless. Not surprising considering it took 3 phone transfers before I could speak to someone who even knew what the cavity pack was. All I've gotten so far is that they're probably a pair Jazz Hook & Loop sneakers. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Popped into my "local" store (40 mi from my house, 20 from work) and they ordered one pair of each Cavity in a sz 10... for the dude who works there. Smh...

I guess the Saucony sales rep is coming by there on Monday, though, so they're gonna see if they can order more. Both pairs were included in the Saucony Fall '14 style catalog they showed me, with the Razz getting a somewhat more prominent placement than the Mints (and both less featured than the grey/blu Shadow 5Ks that just dropped) but I forgot to check on release info (GR/Ltd) in their descriptions.

They do have some women's Razz on order (no Mints), so ladies I can check back in a couple days to see if/when they come in if you're looking for an oop. Lemme know and I'll see what I can do.

Before I shift gears, the mints showed up from rck today. Shipping might've cost $12, but that was pretty dang fast.
On to other business. This is a last ditch effort to get my kid a pair of these. I've been searching since mother's day. I've contacted Saucony on a few different occasions, all fruitless. Not surprising considering it took 3 phone transfers before I could speak to someone who even knew what the cavity pack was. All I've gotten so far is that they're probably a pair Jazz Hook & Loop sneakers. Any help is appreciated.
I've never seen that exact colorway, but there are a bunch of Saucony for little girls sold at Stride Rite: http://www.striderite.com/en/girl-brand-saucony/

Popped into my "local" store (40 mi from my house, 20 from work) and they ordered one pair of each Cavity in a sz 10... for the dude who works there. Smh...

I guess the Saucony sales rep is coming by there on Monday, though, so they're gonna see if they can order more. Both pairs were included in the Saucony Fall '14 style catalog they showed me, with the Razz getting a somewhat more prominent placement than the Mints (and both less featured than the grey/blu Shadow 5Ks that just dropped) but I forgot to check on release info (GR/Ltd) in their descriptions.

They do have some women's Razz on order (no Mints), so ladies I can check back in a couple days to see if/when they come in if you're looking for an oop. Lemme know and I'll see what I can do.
size 9 pleasee

Am I the only one who's sick of hearing about this stupid cavity pack already?
why do u think ive been so quiet for the pass couple of days lol. im just sitting back and watching all the new ppl in the thread run around for poor quality GRs...this pack was a pass for me from the start. so is the polka dot pack from bodega. and so far the snow beach from packer is a pass as well, but i need to see the official release pics before i finalize my decision.

Last edited:
you could replace all of these "cavity pack" posts with the "kill bill" sagas from whenever that was. never cared for either of them, but the release is playing out exactly the same. people freaking out over GRs, one by one a boutique drops them and runs out and people think it's some super rare sneaker and keep feeding resellers. i dont get it. kudos to saucony for working the system to their advantage. i hope the popularity at the low price point gets other companies (ahem NB) to bring things back down to earth.

you could replace all of these "cavity pack" posts with the "kill bill" sagas from whenever that was. never cared for either of them, but the release is playing out exactly the same. people freaking out over GRs, one by one a boutique drops them and runs out and people think it's some super rare sneaker and keep feeding resellers. i dont get it. kudos to saucony for working the system to their advantage. i hope the popularity at the low price point gets other companies (ahem NB) to bring things back down to earth.
Honestly I just liked the colorways and for that price...why not?

It is annoying/smart of Suacony to release it like this though.

Just wish resellers didn't care so much about this shoe. 

why do u think ive been so quiet for the pass couple of days lol. im just sitting back and watching all the new ppl in the thread run around for poor quality GRs...this pack was a pass for me from the start. so is the polka dot pack from bodega. and so far the snow beach from packer is a pass as well, but i need to see the official release pics before i finalize my decision.
I don't understand the snarkiness some of y'all have toward people who actually like GRs that they think look good. Not all of us have the means or ability to only cop collabs, nor do we have the extra cash to blow on resellers or $50 shipping from overseas. If it's that hard to figure out why we might want TWO pairs of really cool looking shoes for less than $150, than I don't know what to tell you. Have fun flossing your Sohos and gaining your IG likes, and we'll keep battling the ATC bots (and all the non-NT'ers who seem to agree with us that these are pretty sick) in trying to get two of the best-looking sub-$90 pairs of shoes we've seen in some time.

^^ He was just stating his opinion, but naw it's not always about collabs and limited sneakers if y'all want clean simple colors GRs they are all over the web & on eBay for dirt cheap time to time when I pass on collabs I cop a pair like these only $35 bucks shipped brand new, it has no title like the cavity pack that brought out the new saucony heads and beasts. Clean GRs like these been on the web before the whole saucony hype so if yall love GRs as much as I do go cop a pair rather than stressing and complaining

Last edited:
Well we'll still buy the other GRs that we like, and I loved the Mints when they were first revealed, long before it was known that they were even part of a 'pack' and the Razz were unveiled. I just think it's a lil hipstery for some dudes to be like *yawn, these are trash GRs anyway* or *psh, Saucony had better looking GRs 10 years ago.*

I like a few of the Jazz, but I also know I can get 'em for $30-40 anytime I want. I like Shadow 6ks, many of the Grid 9Ks, and the more creative Shadow Originals, too. I thought, and was led by public opinion, that the Mints & Razz would be easy to get, as well. Had they been as easy a cop as we all presumed they'd be this thread would have moved on to thirsting for the next collab or expecting the suede pack, with a handful of on-feet pics from folks who copped the Cavities. Instead, the "GR" turned out to be collab-level limited and now we're all trying to figure out how to ( and if we can even) get them.

I'm cool with dudes saying they don't get the thirst, or that they don't dig the CWs, but they shouldn't be knocking us cats who genuinely dig em and are finding us shut out in seconds every time they pop up on boutique sites, especially since it's pretty obvious we just wanna wear em anyway and not try to resell.

don't even sweat it bro

some people feel better about themselves when they knock on other peoples taste

I find it funny some hate all the talk about these stupid GR's. Yet we can talk about something like God awful burgers collab into the ground. Look it's the hot new release and this is a sneaker forum . The way the game goes a new collab/GR will pop up and that will be all the talk leaving these to the dust bin of sneaker history. IMHO the Black Razz is one of the better releases of the year period.

I recognized the avatar lol. We have a similar taste in kicks and both wear smaller sizes so I like your on feet vids.

Also, I completely agree with SNKRFollower. But I believe they're a GR it's just that Saucony's dropping very small amounts at various times and spots to increase hype cause "dey limited doe". If a shoe is affordable, looks good, and is perceived as limited then it will definitely sell out. Good for Saucony, pain in the *** for consumers.

Yeah it's all about preference, can't hate on others tastes. Some hate the cavity pack and some love it, goes for all releases. But opinions are opinions. When a reseller and the hype becomes the middle man , Old and new heads find it difficult to interact blaming each other. Yes the cavity pack was a GR it would of sat that I and many others thought, but they are both dope colorways and I understand everyone wants em. They were on blog sites and what not so the masses went crazy, nobody expected this. All this attention is good for the brand, but this a sneaker forum so don't take others opinions too seriously. The hype for sauconys has reach it's point and the more clean color ways they will put out the more new saucony heads and reseller will want and the more difficult it gets to cop. Buy what you like either it being a collab or a GR we may fail on a release this time but their are plenty more great models & colorways to come through out the year and next year that have been previewed and that will be easy or not to get.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom