Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

I'd day go down a half size on these. I went TTS and I've got some extra room
Need those Navy/Greys Xs 2... Always makes me nervous going down .5 size, too.  Do you by chance have a pair of Jazz Low Pro Vegans or the Play Cloths Strange Fruit? And if so, would you still go down .5 size comparing the two? I ask because I wear a 9.5 in every Saucony I've had.

Thanks in advance, too.

Just picked these two up from my local. As a few of you already know the quality on the Jazz for a gr is insane. The suede is super soft and pliable like a roshe and the toe is wide so going down .5 on your size is recommended and worth it! The Bodegas are a step above their last two releases for me in looks and quality! The perforated suede toe box is super smooth and the knit sweater material for the tongue is really comfortable and looks great. People are going to be thrown off by the color of the sole but I like the look and think people will come around to it like they did for those St. Alfred GL3. I agree with the person that said the laces are way too stiff but think its cool they went with a bluish grey tint on them which my horrible pics really don't show. I went with a .5 size on both shoes and they feel perfect!

for @Fahqu001   all my saucony are .5 down (sz 9.5) and give me a very comfortable and snugg feeling fit.

Last edited:
For clarification, are the guys who are recommending half size down comparing that to other Saucony shoes or other brands like Asics  or Nike?  I already go half size down compared to GL3/5 and Air Max on all my Saucony kicks.

For clarification, are the guys who are recommending half size down comparing that to other Saucony shoes or other brands like Asics  or Nike?  I already go half size down compared to GL3/5 and Air Max on all my Saucony kicks.
Yeah. I get Asics Gl3 and Gl5 in a sz10 and get my saucony 9.5. I have shadow 5000, 6000, grid9000 and these Jazz and they all fit great. I have a couple sz 10 in the mix and they are very wearable but slightly loose. I wouldnt hesitate getting your true size if thats all that was available although the Jazz might be extra roomy.

Just saw the BDGAs in person and I was pretty disappointed. More than likely passing on them now.

Yeah. I get Asics Gl3 and Gl5 in a sz10 and get my saucony 9.5. I have shadow 5000, 6000, grid9000 and these Jazz and they all fit great. I have a couple sz 10 in the mix and they are very wearable but slightly loose. I wouldnt hesitate getting your true size if thats all that was available although the Jazz might be extra roomy.
Perfect, thanks for the clarification.

The only shoe I have ever had to size down on are dress shoes and Chuck Taylors.  Everything else I am TTS. I think it depends on folks having wide or narrow feet.

Last edited:

The only shoe I have ever had to size down on are dress shoes and Chuck Taylors.  Everything else I am TTS.  Is that odd?
Not really! Some people don't mind when their shoes or sneakers are slightly loose but it bugs me on runners. I wear  runners 90% of the time now and they all basically stretch slightly because of the material used on them so I always wear them snug from the get go. If its a basketball shoe though than its true or have size up guaranteed!

I love the Club Monaco colorway, but the Courageous model is sort of awkward. Like the front portion wants to be a low-top, but the rear portion looks like a mid-top/almost boot/orthopedic. 

Good to see the Lux's being released. Gosh dangit, now i have to spend more money.

Last edited:

These are too good in person, materials are lavish, and the courageous model looks dope af on foot

Free shipping on all orders over $50 starting now til Wednesday at midnight. Lower 48, US only. No coupon needed. thepremierstore.com

Last edited:

I guess I'll stick to 9.5s in Sauconys then. I usually wear 9.5s in GLVs, but 10s in the GLVs. Only GLVs I didn't like in a 9.5 were my Rose Golds and Sages - too tight for my taste. 

Back
Top Bottom